6 new articles about character encodings and HTML/CSS
Some articles are brand new and others were originally part of a tutorial, but have been updated and amplified to bring HTML5 to the fore and incorporate feedback from various readers. The articles are:
- Character encodings: Essential concepts
- Choosing & applying a character encoding
- Declaring character encodings in HTML
- The byte-order mark (BOM) in HTML
- Normalization in HTML and CSS
- Characters or markup?
Together these articles, with several other existing articles that were updated at the same time, provide practical advice to content authors on how to handle character encodings in HTML and CSS.