For review: 7 new and 3 updated articles about character encoding
Comments are being sought on the following new articles prior to final publication:
- Handling character encodings in HTML and CSS
- Essential definitions related to character encodings
- Choosing & applying a character encoding
- Character encoding declarations in HTML
- The byte-order mark (BOM) in HTML
- Normalization in HTML and CSS
- Characters or markup?
These articles have been derived from the former tutorial, which has already undergone a review. Since then, HTML5 has been brought to the fore in the articles and various small changes have been added, including some short summary information.
The three updated articles are the result of merging the tutorial material with existing articles. They are:
The character encoding section of the techniques page relating to HTML and CSS authoring has also been overhauled, to include the new material.