For press inquiries regarding WAI and Web accessibility, contact Judy Brewer, WAI Director:
For general W3C press inquires, see How to contact W3C, Press.
Technical, Implementation, and other Support Questions
Many questions are addressed in documents on the WAI site. For example, Understanding WCAG 2.0 provides extensive guidance on making Web sites accessible, including the intent of guidelines and success criteria; how they help people with different disabilities, browser and assistive technology support notes, examples, and resources. The WAI site map lists all documents and search is available to look for specific information.
Current Web accessibility issues are discussed through the WAI mailing lists, which are archived and visible to the public. The WAI Interest Group is a public forum for discussion of issues relating to Web accessibility. If you have a question that might be relevant to the WAI IG list, you can:
- Search the WAI IG list archives to see if it has already been addressed sufficiently
- Read “Using the WAI IG mailing list” in the Membership/Mailing List section of the WAI IG page
- Join the self-subscription list and post appropriate questions
A limited number of support questions can be answered via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback on Specific Documents
To submit comments on a specific document:
- Many WAI resources are on GitHub and you can create issues and submit pull requests. Look for the GitHub links near the bottom of the page.
- WAI resource documents have a specific e-mail address for submitting comments, which is usually at the bottom of the document. This is usually: email@example.com (a public list)
- W3C Recommendations and W3C Working Drafts have in the Status section an e-mail address to send comments.
If you cannot determine where to send comments, send an e-mail with the document name in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your message to the appropriate place. Please include permission to send it to a publicly-archived e-mail list.
Feedback on the WAI Web Site
You can submit comments on the overall WAI Web site (www.w3.org/WAI/) either to a W3C WAI staff list or to a public list:
- email@example.com (for WAI staff, not public)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (can be seen by the public)
Comments on other parts of the W3C Web site (www.w3.org) go to: email@example.com
WAI Staff Contacts
For information on W3C Team members working in WAI, see Who’s Who at the World Wide Web Consortium, Web Accessibility Initiative.
Locations and Address
WAI is part of W3C, which is hosted at:
The links above provide addresses and phone numbers for each location.
The main WAI office contact information is:
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI)
MIT/CSAIL, Building 32-G530
32 Vassar St
Cambridge, MA 02139