- Welcome and overview on the WAI-Tools Project (slides 01 , recording 01)
- Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT) Rules (slides 02 , recording 02)
- Overview on the Portuguese national observatory (slides 03 , recording 03)
- WCAG-EM Report Tool and Statements Generator (slides 04 , recording 04)
- Accessibility Test Data Browser (slides 05 , recording 05)
WAI-Tools Project invited web accessibility practitioners, evaluation and quality assurance tool vendors, website owners, European monitoring bodies, researchers, and users to participate in its final online Open Meeting to learn about results from the WAI-Tools Project, including:
- Progress on Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT) Rules
- Updates to the Portuguese and Norwegian observatories
- WCAG-EM Report Tool and Accessibility Statements Generator
We encouraged participation from people interested in:
- Web accessibility evaluation and testing
- Large-scale web accessibility monitoring
- Managing the quality assurance process
We particularly invited participants involved in related efforts in Europe and internationally, with interest in accessibility conformance testing. This final Open Meeting was held online on Tuesday 26 January 2021 at 14:00 to 17:00 Central European Time (CET).
The WAI-Tools Project drove web accessibility evaluation and repair by carrying out key efforts in the vendor-neutral environment of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It drew together key expertise from industry, public bodies, and research to develop common understanding of web accessibility requirements.
This final Open Meeting was held as part of the project efforts to engage with the broader community throughout the development of the project deliverables, to help ensure consensus and uptake by European and international stakeholders. Participants learned about the objectives and deliverables of the project, final project results, and about opportunities for participation and collaboration beyond the project.
WAI-Tool staff presented project deliverables and highlighted particular points for collaboration. Participants are invited to provide input on potential aspects to consider throughout the project.
The following times are in CET (UTC+1):
- 14:00 Start of meeting
- 14:00 - 14:15 Welcome and overview on the WAI-Tools Project (slides 01 , recording 01)
- 14:15 - 15:00 Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT) Rules (slides 02 , recording 02)
- 15:00 - 15:30 Overview on the Portuguese national observatory (slides 03 , recording 03)
- 15:30 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 - 16:15 WCAG-EM Report Tool and Statements Generator (slides 04 , recording 04)
- 16:15 - 16:30 Accessibility Test Data Browser (slides 05 , recording 05)
- 16:30 - 17:00 Conclusion, next steps, and questions and answers
- 17:00 End of meeting
This meeting took place on the Zoom teleconference system with real-time captioning. Connection details were sent by email to registered participants.
Registration is now closed.