WAI-Tools Project invites web accessibility practitioners, evaluation and quality assurance tool vendors, website owners, European monitoring bodies, researchers, and users to participate in an online Open Meeting to learn about results from the WAI-Tools Project, including:
- Progress on Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT) Rules
- Updates to the Portuguese and Norwegian observatories
- WCAG-EM Report Tool and Accessibility Statements Generator
We encouraged participation from people interested in:
- Web accessibility evaluation and testing
- Large-scale web accessibility monitoring
- Managing the quality assurance process
We particularly invite participants involved in related efforts in Europe and internationally, with interest in accessibility conformance testing. This Open Meeting will be held online on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 14:00 to 17:00 Central European Standard Time (CEST).
The WAI-Tools Project drives web accessibility evaluation and repair by carrying out key efforts in the vendor-neutral environment of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It draws together key expertise from industry, public bodies, and research to develop common understanding of web accessibility requirements.
This Open Meeting is held as part of the project efforts to engage with the broader community throughout the development of the project deliverables, to help ensure consensus and uptake by European and international stakeholders. Participants will learn about the objectives and deliverables of the project, interim project results, and about potential opportunities for participation and collaboration.
Draft agenda will be updated.
WAI-Tool staff will present project deliverables and highlighted particular points for collaboration. Participants are invited to provide input on potential aspects to consider throughout the project.
The following times are in CEST (UTC+2):
- 14:00 Start of meeting
- 14:00 - 14:30 Welcome and overview on the WAI-Tools Project
- 14:30 - 15:00 Overview on the Portuguese national observatory
- 15:00 - 15:30 Overview on the Norwegian national observatory
- 15:30 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 - 16:00 Updates of the WCAG-EM Report Tool
- 16:00 - 16:15 Accessibility Statements and Generator Tool
- 16:15 - 16:30 Accessibility Test Data Browser
- 16:30 - 17:00 Open questions and answers; wrap-up
- 17:00 End of meeting
This meeting will take place on the Zoom teleconference system with real-time captioning. Connection details will be sent by email to registered participants; please see information on registration directly below.
Participation is free, and registration is required by 21 September 2020.