WAI-Tools Open Meeting
Online, 22 September 2020
WAI-Tools Project invited web accessibility practitioners, evaluation and quality assurance tool vendors, website owners, European monitoring bodies, researchers, and users to participate in an online Open Meeting to learn about results from the WAI-Tools Project, including:
- Progress on Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT) Rules
- Updates to the Portuguese and Norwegian observatories
- WCAG-EM Report Tool and Accessibility Statements Generator
We encouraged participation from people interested in:
- Web accessibility evaluation and testing
- Large-scale web accessibility monitoring
- Managing the quality assurance process
We particularly invited participants involved in related efforts in Europe and internationally, with interest in accessibility conformance testing. This Open Meeting was held online on Tuesday 22 September 2020 at 14:00 to 17:00 Central European Standard Time (CEST).
The WAI-Tools Project drove web accessibility evaluation and repair by carrying out key efforts in the vendor-neutral environment of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It drew together key expertise from industry, public bodies, and research to develop common understanding of web accessibility requirements.
This Open Meeting was held as part of the project efforts to engage with the broader community throughout the development of the project deliverables, to help ensure consensus and uptake by European and international stakeholders. Participants learned about the objectives and deliverables of the project, interim project results, and about potential opportunities for participation and collaboration.
WAI-Tool staff presented project deliverables and highlighted particular points for collaboration. Participants were invited to provide input on potential aspects to consider throughout the project.
The following times are in CEST (UTC+2):
- 14:00 Start of meeting
- 14:00 - 14:30 Welcome and overview on the WAI-Tools Project (slides 01 )
- 14:30 - 15:00 Overview on the Portuguese national observatory (slides 02 )
- 15:00 - 15:30 Overview on the Norwegian national observatory (slides 03 )
- 15:30 - 15:45 Break
- 15:45 - 16:00 Updates of the WCAG-EM Report Tool (slides 04 )
- 16:00 - 16:15 Accessibility Statements and Generator Tool (slides 04 )
- 16:15 - 16:30 Accessibility Test Data Browser (slides 05 )
- 16:30 - 17:00 Open questions and answers; wrap-up
- 17:00 End of meeting
This meeting took place on the Zoom teleconference system with real-time captioning. Connection details were sent by email to registered participants.
Registration is now closed.
This meeting was organized through the WAI-Tools Project. If you have questions, contact Shadi Abou-Zahra (Scientific Coordinator).Back to Top