WAI-Tools Project invited web accessibility practitioners, evaluation and quality assurance tools vendors, researchers, and users to participate in an Open Meeting to:
- Learn more about the WAI-Tools Project
- Provide input into project developments
- Explore opportunities for collaboration
We encouraged participation from people interested in:
- Web accessibility evaluation and testing
- Large-scale web accessibility monitoring
- Managing the quality assurance process
We particularly invited participants involved in related efforts in Europe and internationally, with interest in accessibility conformance testing. Meeting is on Wednesday 29 November 2017 at 9:00am to 12:00pm in Brussels, Belgium.
The WAI-Tools Project drives web accessibility evaluation and repair by carrying out key efforts in the vendor-neutral environment of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). It draws together key expertise from industry, public bodies, and research to develop common understanding of web accessibility requirements.
This Open Meeting was held as part of the project efforts to engage with the broader community throughout the development of the project deliverables, to help ensure consensus and uptake by European and international stakeholders. Participants learned about the objectives and deliverables of the project, and about potential opportunities for participation and collaboration.
WAI-Tool staff presented project deliverables, highlighting particular points for collaboration. Participants were invited to provide input on potential aspects to consider throughout the project.
The following times are in CET:
- 09:00 - 10:00 Registration and coffee
- 10:00 - 10:20 About the WAI-Tools Project
- 10:20 - 10:40 Development of Test Rules
- 10:40 - 11:00 Deployment of Test Rules
- 11:00 - 11:20 Integration of Test Rules
- 11:20 - 12:00 Collaboration opportunities
- 12:00 End of meeting
The meeting was held on Wednesday 29 November 2017 at 9am to 12:00pm CET, at the
Thon Hotel EU
Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 75
1040 Brussels, Belgium
Registration is now closed. Please contact Shadi Abou-Zahra if you have questions.