Main WoT WebConf

From Web of Things Interest Group
(Redirected from IG WebConf)
Jump to: navigation, search

WebConf Information

See also the consolidated WoT Web meetings table on the main wiki page of the WoT IG/WG.

Obsolete calls

Call Logistics

Time

Wednesdays at

  • 8am US Eastern
  • 5am US Pacific
  • 2pm Europe
  • 9pm Japan

WebEx


Note: To avoid a repetition of fraudulent calls, the ICS files, host codes and meeting passwords should not be shared on the public list or a public wiki or other web page, e.g. in the agenda or minutes.

IRC

The IRC is used for the minutes, speaker queue, and sharing links etc.

Schedule

Deliverable and F2F Meeting Plan

Note: this schedule updates and supercedes the draft schedule in the WoT WG 2020 Charter and the previous schedule.

  • Q1 2020
    • March 2020: Virtual F2F
  • Q2 2020
    • June 2020: Virtual F2F and plugfest
  • Q3 2020
    • September 2020: FPWD for WoT Interoperability Profiles
    • September 2020: FPWD for WoT Architecture (Update)
    • September 2020: FPWD for WoT Discovery
    • September 2020: FPWD for WoT Thing Description 1.1
    • September 2020: IG NOTE for WoT Scripting API (Update)
  • Q4 2020
    • October 2020: IG NOTE for WoT Use Cases
    • October 2020: F2F and plugfest (TPAC)
  • Q1 2021
  • Q2 2021
    • April 2021 (TBD; alt. March or Feb): F2F and plugfest
    • June 2021: F2F and plugfest
  • Q3 2021
    • July 2021: Update Security Notes (reflect new docs, eg Discovery)
    • 19 August 2021: Last possible FPWD publication
    • July 2021: Target CR Transition for all publications
    • September/October 2021: plugfest (TPAC)
    • September/October 2021: F2F (TPAC)
  • Q4 2021
    • 9 December 2021: Last possible CR transition
  • Q1 2022
    • 27 January 2022: Last possible PR transition
    • 31 January 2022: Charter end date

Upcoming Events

Past events

Agenda

Cancellations

No cancellations currently planned.

Future Topics

  • IP-BLiS (Zoltan?)
  • EU Projects - LSPs in IoT (Dave Raggett)
  • Plugfest and Testing
  • Marketing (Sebastian)
    • Keeping Web presence up-to-date
      • recurring problem: see last IG page update is from May 2018
  • Discovery (McCool/Toumura)
    • DNS-SRV/SD, CoRE Resource Directories, etc.
  • eCl@ss (Sebastian/Reigel)
  • Automotive WG and Use Case discussion (Sebastian w/ Ted Guild)
  • Conexxus? (Ezell)
  • EdgeX? (McCool)
  • Verifiable Claims? (McCool)
  • CHIP? (Koster)
  • WISHI
  • JSON
    • Joint meetings on JSON Path and JSON Schema standardizatino
    • post-TPAC?

16 September 2020

Chair: McCool

Regrets: Sebastian

Scribe: Koster

9 September 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

Scribe: Dave

2 September 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

Scribe: Daniel

26 August 2020

Chair: McCool

Regrets: Sebastian

Scribe: Jennifer

19 August 2020

Chair: McCool

Regrets: Sebastian

Scribe: Ege

12 August 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

Scribe: Cristiano

5 August 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

Scribe: McCool

29 July 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

Scribe: Michael Lagally

22 July 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

Scribe: Daniel

15 July 2020

Chair: McCool

Scribe: Jennifer

Regrets: Sebastian

8 July 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

1 July 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Guests, New Members, and Invited Experts
  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • ITU-T Liaison update
    • WISHI call June 30 - follow up on Workshop discussion
    • New Doodle for Kickoff meeting for CoAP RDF discussion
    • WoT Project tracking
  • F2F followup
    • Schedule overflow talks, eg Project Management Tools
    • Finish archiving talks
  • TPAC and next WoT (V)F2F Meetings
  • Marketing
    • Issue 71 Issue 70: Web design feedback
    • Explainer video decisions
      • Sponsorship
      • Style choice (sample videos, link in member's list)
      • Script
  • Schedule for this week and next
  • TD
  • AOB?

24 June 2020

Cancelled due to F2F.

17 June 2020

Short call during plugfest. Essential logistics issues only, no TF reports. Final review of F2F agenda.

10 June 2020

Regrets: Sebastian

Chair: McCool

3 June 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

27 May 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

20 May 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

13 May 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

6 May 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

29 April 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

22 April 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

15 April 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

8 April 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • meeting time change proposal
      • Govtech collab call (every other Tuesday): 13UTC=>12UTC (5am PDT, 8am EDT, 9am ADT, 1pm BST, 2pm CEST, 3pm EEST, 8pm SGT, 9pm JST)
      • Marketing call (Thursday): 13UTC=>14UTC (7am PDT, 10am EDT, 11am ADT, 3pm BST, 4pm CEST, 5pm EEST, 10pm SGT, 11pm JST)
      • if ok, new webex to be distributed; Outlook invites also to be updated
    • Conexxus Retail/EdgeX PoC/Testbed
    • Fraunhofer guest next week
    • Due to Easter holidays this Friday (April 10) and next Monday (April 13): calls cancelled
  • REC Transition
  • Press Release - Jeff's quote has been added and to be published tomorrow, April 9
  • F2F planning updates
  • Developer Outreach
  • Protocol Bindings
  • TF Reports
    • Scripting
    • Security
    • Discovery
    • PlugFest/Testing
    • Marketing
    • Architecture
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

1 April 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

25 Mar 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • WARNING: after March 29, meeting times change in Europe, again
    • Singapore Govtech PoC/Testbed
    • Conexxus Retail/EdgeX PoC/Testbed
  • REC Transition
  • Press Release
  • F2F planning updates
    • Looking more likely we will have to cancel the Helsinki F2F...
    • Promising VPN software for virtual plugfest: Softether
    • What worked and what didn't work in our March VF2F? How can we make it better?
    • Helsinki - 6-11 June 2020
    • TPAC
      • joint meetings with related groups, e.g., JSON-LD, DID, ...
    • Possible F2F after TPAC in Pune
  • node-wot
    • Status, improvements, tutorials, documentation, security, testing, etc...
    • Schedule a regular meeting?
  • TF Reports
    • Scripting
    • Security
    • Discovery
    • PlugFest/Testing
    • Marketing
    • Architecture
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

11 Mar 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Possible Invited Guests
    • Invited Expert applicant: Amelie Gyrard
      • invite to one of the WoT main call and see what the person would make contribution to
    • Guest from Bosch
  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • Singapore Govtech PoC/Testbed
      • new WebEx at 9pm (Singapore time) on every Tuesday (=6am PDT, 9am EDT, 10am ADT, 2pm CET, 10pm JST) alocated
    • Conexxus Retail/EdgeX PoC/Testbed
      • planing a PoC
      • Intel retail is involved
  • REC Transition
  • Press Release
    • Proposed draft
    • GitHub issues
      • missing testimonial from Fujitsu?
      • should add a specific label, e.g., "Press release" for issues on press release?
  • Virtual F2F next week - March 16-18
    • Draft agenda
    • should finalize the topics/time/moderator/attendees
      • suggestion: node-wot tutorial, invite Singapore Govtech
  • Helsinki - 6-11 June 2020
  • TPAC
    • joint meetings with related groups, e.g., JSON-LD, DID, ...
  • Siemens would host the f2f meeting after TPAC in Pune
  • TF Reports
    • Scripting
    • Security
    • Discovery
    • PlugFest/Testing
    • Marketing
    • Architecture
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

4 Mar 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

  • Invited Guests
  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • Building IoT Presentation (Sebastian)
      • Survey input
    • Singapore Govtech PoC/Testbed
      • Stick to the Singapore time at 9pm after US Daylight Saving Time starts...
      • Need to allocate a new webex as current one is in EST
      • 6am PDT, 9am EDT, 10am ADT, 1pm GMT, 2pm CET, 9pm SGT, 10pm JST on March 10
    • Conexxus Retail/EdgeX PoC/Testbed
      • Details to follow...
  • REC Transition
  • Press Release - proposed draft
  • Virtual F2F next week - March 16-18
    • reconsider meeting on Thursday, March 19th (Michael M no longer going to IETF107)
    • suggestion: node-wot tutorial
  • Helsinki - 6-11 June 2020
  • TPAC
    • Discuss proposal to allow developers to join plenary day
  • Siemens would host the next f2f meeting after TPAC in Pune
  • TF Reports
    • Scripting
    • Security
    • Discovery
    • PlugFest/Testing
    • Marketing
    • Architecture
      • Collaboration on media use cases with the MEIG; possibly including publishers, interactive video?
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

26 Feb 2020

Chair: McCool

Regrets: Sebastian

19 Feb 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

12 Feb 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
  • WG Charter
    • WoT WG page has been updated with the link to the New Charter
    • we should clarify/update the timeline for the new deliverables in addition to the current ones
  • Updates on the Press Release preparation
  • Future F2F Planning updates
    • Virtual F2F in March (16-19 March)
    • 6-11 June 2020 - Helsinki w/ T2TRG and ICWE
    • Planning meeting held this week to work on logistics...
      • Wiki to be updated with hotels, registration, etc.
      • ICWE 2020
        • Web of Things is actually on the CFP...
      • Sat-Sun 6-7 June , 9h-17h, Plugfest
      • Mon 8 June, 9h-17h, Joint WoT/T2TRG Lifecycle Workshop
      • Tue OR Wed 9-10 June, 19h-21h, WoT Information Night w/ ICWE
      • Tue-Wed 9-10 June, 9h – 17h, Thursday 11 June, 9h-13h(half day), WoT F2F Working Group Meeting
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • TF Reports
    • Scripting
    • Security
    • Discovery
      • first call occured on Feb. 10
    • PlugFest/Testing
    • Marketing
      • Daniel's initial draft has been copied to the "wot-marketing" repo
      • there will be a marketing call right after the main call today, Feb. 12, in place of the usual PlugFest/Testing call
    • Architecture
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

5 Feb 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

4 Feb 2020 - Tuesday

  • Joint Call with Media and Entertainment during the MEIG call
    • 7:30am PST, 10:30am EST, 3:30pm GMT, 4:30pm CET, 5:30pm EET, 12:30am JST
    • Call-in information on ME mailing list
    • Chris Needham, BBC
    • Date based on the doodle results
  • Time schedule:
    • (1) 30 mins for Media-specific discussion (Bullet Chatting) and then (2) 60 mins for WoT discussion
  • Technical viewpoints:
    • WoT side: (1) TV as an edge device for WoT and (2) video stream data for WoT
    • ME side: (1) Event handling and (2) Time synchronization (possibly based on frame-by-frame accuracy)
  • Possible presentations from WoT:
    • WoT status in general - McCool
    • Expected future use cases - Kaz/Lagally
    • Putting WoT into practice - ?
      • Existing products
      • PoCs
      • PlugFest effort

29 Jan 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

  • Review Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • Singapore Govtech PoC/Testbed
      • meeting on Jan 28 cancelled
      • Feb. 4 for the next call (8am EST, 2pm CET, 5PST, 10pm JST)
    • TF call minutes review to be made public
      • Draft minutes sent to the member-wot-wg list
      • One-week review period and then will be sent out to the public-wot-wg list
      • Main call minutes will follow the same process
    • Joint call with MEIG on Tue 4 Feb - Tuesday
      • Starts at 7am PST...
      • WoT section at 7:30am PST, 10:30am EST, 3:30pm GMT, 4:30pm CET, 5:30pm EET, 12:30am JST
      • use case descriptions
  • WG Charter
  • Proposed REC publication
  • Binding Templates publication
    • Draft - preparation ongoing
  • Press Release preparation
  • Future F2F Planning updates
    • Virtual F2F in March (16-19 March)
      • https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_16-19_March_2020,_Online
      • Draft Schedule - to discuss
        • Monday: Scripting API + Security
        • Tuesday: Joint calls (e.g., CHIP)
        • Wednesday: marketing, testing, plannings, etc
        • Thursday: Architecture (+ Discovery?) (note: will be a travel day for participants that go to IETF T2T meeting)
        • Friday: TD (but this is a bank holiday in Japan, and people will be travelling to IETF...)
      • Note:
    • 6-11 June 2020 - Helsinki w/ T2TRG and ICWE
      • ICWE 2020
        • Web of Things is actually on the CFP...
      • Sat-Sun 6-7 June , 9h-17h, Plugfest
      • Mon 8 June, 9h-17h, Joint WoT/T2TRG Lifecycle Workshop
      • Tue OR Wed 9-10 June, 19h-21h, WoT Information Night w/ ICWE
      • Tue-Wed 9-10 June, 9h – 17h, Thursday 11 June, 9h-13h(half day), WoT F2F Working Group Meeting
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • TF Reports
    • Discovery
    • Scripting
    • Security
    • PlugFest/Testing
    • Marketing
    • Architecture
      • First meeting cancelled, second call used to prep for MEIG
    • Thing Description
      • Will be cancelled this Friday
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB

22 Jan 2020

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

  • Quick Updates
    • Edge Apps
      • McCool scheduled to present to W3C Web and Networks IG Feb 13
      • Preliminary proposal presented in Scripting and Security TF calls this week
    • Question about rights to images and figures in specs, e.g., fig 18 from the Architecture spec
      • Under the W3C Software and Document License, such use is permissible with attribution.
    • TF call minutes review to be made public
      • Draft minutes sent to the member-wot-wg list
      • One-week review period and then will be sent out to the public-wot-wg list
    • Joint call with MEIG on Tue 4 Feb
      • proposal: starting the WoT joint discussion 30 mins later:
        • 7:30am PST, 10:30am EST, 3:30pm GMT, 4:30pm CET, 5:30pm EET, 12:30am JST
      • will makes it (1) 30 mins for Media-specific discussion (Bullet Chatting) and then (2) 60 mins for WoT discussion
  • Change to Meeting Time start
    • Can we start at 5m past rather than 10m past?
  • WG Charter
    • Proposed Charter updated based on the AC review comments - Diff version
    • W3M discussion this week or next to approve the new Charter officially
  • Proposed REC publication
  • Binding Templates publication
    • Draft - preparation ongoing
  • Press Release preparation
  • Future F2F Planning updates
    • March-April 2020 - date and host still needed
      • Candidates
        • Mozilla: not possible; any other candidates?
        • Fallback: Keio University can be organized by Kaz
      • Note:
      • getting peoples' preference - results so far (Member-only) - the week of March 16-20 would be the best
        • There is a W3C ML workshop March 24-25 in Berlin
        • Proposal: Virtual F2F/Plugfest in 3rd week of March?
    • 6-11 June 2020 - Helsinki w/ T2TRG and ICWE
      • ICWE 2020
        • Web of Things is actually on the CFP...
    • Sat-Sun 6-7 June , 9h-17h, Plugfest
      • Mon 8 June, 9h-17h, Joint WoT/T2TRG Lifecycle Workshop
      • Tue OR Wed 9-10 June, 19h-21h, WoT Information Night w/ ICWE
      • Tue-Wed 9-10 June, 9h – 17h, Thursday 11 June, 9h-13h(half day), WoT F2F Working Group Meeting
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • Testing
    • PlugFest discussion from this week (right after this call)?
  • TF Reports
  • AOB

15 Jan 2020

Chair: McCool

Regrets: Sebastian

  • Quick Updates
    • Question about rights to images and figures in specs
    • TF call minutes review to be made public
      • Will send the draft minutes to the member-wot-wg list first,
      • Then after review period will send them out to the public-wot-wg list
      • To discuss: length of review period
        • One week?
        • Two days?
    • Singapore Govtech PoC/Testbed
      • Meeting held on Jan 14
    • Joint call with MEIG on Tue 4 Feb
      • 7am PST, 10am EST, 3pm GMT, 4pm CET, 5pm EET, midnight JST
      • 60 mins for WoT discussion + 30 mins for Media-specific discussion (Bullet Chatting)
  • WG Charter
    • Proposed Charter updated based on the AC review comments - Diff version
    • Notification message sent to all the reviewers and no objections obtained
    • Asked the W3M to approve the new Charter officially
    • Now just waiting for it to be discussed in W3M
  • Proposed REC publication
  • Press Release preparation
  • Future F2F Planning updates
    • March-April 2020 - date and host still needed
      • Candidates
        • Mozilla: Mountain View (75 people), San Francisco (50), Vancouver (30), Portland (60), Toronto (65), Taipei (25), Berlin (30)
        • Siemens: Pune
      • Note:
    • 6-11 June 2020 - Helsinki w/ T2TRG and ICWE
      • ICWE 2020
        • Web of Things is actually on the CFP...
        • Abstract deadlines: Jan 19, 2020
        • Paper submission: Jan 26, 2020
    • Sat-Sun 6-7 June , 9h-17h, Plugfest
      • Mon 8 June, 9h-17h, Joint WoT/T2TRG Lifecycle Workshop
      • Tue OR Wed 9-10 June, 19h-21h, WoT Information Night w/ ICWE
      • Tue-Wed 9-10 June, 9h – 17h, Thursday 11 June, 9h-13h(half day), WoT F2F Working Group Meeting
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • Binding Templates document
  • Testing
    • Producers and consumer testing requirements for implementation report
    • Conformance dashboard/marketing
  • TF Reports
  • AOB

8 Jan 2020

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

1 Jan 2020

No Meeting - New Year's Day

25 Dec 2019

No Meeting - Christmas Day

18 Dec 2019

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Quick Updates
    • Singapore Govtech PoC/Testbed - Jan call being organized
  • WG Charter
  • How to deal with minutes from the TF calls?
    • Got a comment from AC suggesting sending the TF minutes as well to the public list
    • Propose if we do this, only for future minutes, not past minutes
  • Proposed REC publication
    • static version HTMLs for publication
    • transition requests for Proposed REC sent
    • transition call required with W3M - date/time tbd
      • Should discuss expected Press Release during the transition call
      • Normally do during REC, also may want to wait until WoT WG recharter
  • Future F2F Planning - any updates?
    • March 2020 - date and host?
      • Candidates
        • Mozilla: Mountain View (75 people), San Francisco (50), Vancouver (30), Portland (60), Toronto (65), Taipei (25), Berlin (30)
        • Siemens: Pune
      • Note:
    • June/July 2020 - date and host?
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • Status of Binding Templates document?
    • Resolution needed for publication?
  • Remaining calls this year and first call for the next year?
    • Remaining calls:
      • Architecture - Dec 19
      • No other calls this year - no TD call Dec 20
    • Main call - Jan 8
    • TF calls
      • Security - Jan 13
      • Scripting - Jan 13
      • Thing Description - Jan 10? Discuss in Jan 8 main call
      • Architecture - doodle TBD - week of Jan 6
      • Marketing - use Testing/Plugfest slot temporarily, starting Jan 8
  • New TFs
    • Discovery
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
      • date/time should be changed to avoid overlap with the Project Reviews - doodle tbd
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

11 Dec 2019

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Quick Updates
  • WG Charter
    • Deadline: 17 Dec
    • Proposed Charter has been updated based on the new Charter template; notification of the change also has been sent to the ACs already reviewed the draft Charter
    • 16 supports, 3 suggestions and 1 abstain so far (Member-only)
    • please ask your AC to respond!
    • need to see the three suggestions and respond
  • Proposed REC publication preparation
  • Discussion
  • Future F2F Planning - any updates?
    • March 2020 - date and host?
      • Candidates
        • Mozilla: Mountain View (75 people), San Francisco (50), Vancouver (30), Portland (60), Toronto (65), Taipei (25), Berlin (30)
        • Siemens: Pune
      • Note:
    • June/July 2020 - date and host?
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
      • date/time should be changed to avoid overlap with the Project Reviews
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

4 Dec 2019

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

  • Quick updates
  • Joint call with eCl@ss
    • Markus Reigl, Siemens
    • Christian Block, eCl@ss Office
  • WG Charter
  • PR Resolutions
    • CR2 period is now over - are we ready for a resolution?
    • Final deadline is close...
  • Future F2F Planning - any updates?
    • March 2020 - date and host?
      • Candidates
        • Mozilla: Mountain View (75 people), San Francisco (50), Vancouver (30), Portland (60), Toronto (65), Taipei (25), Berlin (30)
        • Siemens: Pune
      • Note:
    • June/July 2020 - date and host?
    • Collaborations: T2TRG, OPC UA
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
      • WG page and IG page can be updated by the WoT WG/IG, but need to continue discussion with the MarComm Team about the WoT Landing page
      • do resolution about making decisions in the marketing TF
      • discussion about next web meetings
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

27 Nov 2019

Note: US Thanksgiving is Nov 29

Chair: Sebastian

Regrets: McCool

  • Quick updates
  • Joint call with the Media and Entertainment IG
    • joint call will be postponed to begin of 2020
    • asking the MEIG participants about their availability using doodle poll
    • Technical viewpoints:
      • WoT side: (1) TV as an edge device for WoT and (2) video stream data for WoT
      • ME side: (1) Event handling and (2) Time synchronization (possibly based on frame-by-frame accuracy)
    • Possible presentations from WoT: WoT in general, expected future use cases, existing products, PlugFest effort
  • WG Charter
  • need to watch out for US Thanksgiving (Nov 29) and Christmas (Dec 25)
  • Future F2F Planning - any updates?
    • March 2020 - date and host?
      • Candidates: London (Mozilla), Pune (Siemens), Taipei (in April)
    • June/July 2020 - date and host?
    • Candidates: Helsinki (Intel), London (Mozilla), Pune (Siemens)
    • Collaborations: T2TRG, OPC UA
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
    • IETF meeting will be 21-27 March in Vancouver
    • there is conference in Taipei in April (https://www2020.thewebconf.org)
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
      • Sebastian received response from Coralie --> there are no plans for providing common group designs
      • Sebastian asked if there is any objection if we start to have own new design for the WoT group space
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
      • who would be available on Friday?
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

20 Nov 2019

Chair: Kaz

Regrets: Sebastian/McCool

  • Quick updates
    • Feedback from the IRTF workshop (Nov. 15) and the IETF hackathon (Nov. 16-17) - Toumura-san?
      • WoT/T2TRG Workshop
      • IETF Hackathon (w/ T2TRG)
    • Joint call with the Media and Entertainment IG
      • MEIG would like to use the Dec-3 call for media-related topics from TPAC.
      • doodle poll to collect people's availability for alternative slots. - Please respond! (to be sent to the MEIG guys as well)
      • possible topics: WoT in general, expected future use cases, existing products, PlugFest effort
  • WG Charter
    • Proposed Charter
    • sent out to the AC Review - Please ask your AC Reps to vote!
    • need to watch out for US Thanksgiving (Nov 29) and Christmas (Dec 25)
    • So far 4 supports (Member-only)
  • Presentation by Lucas Bonvin
  • Future F2F Planning - any preference/constraints?
    • March 2020 - date and host?
    • June/July 2020 - date and host?
    • Candidates: Helsinki (Intel), London (Mozilla), Pune (Siemens), there is a ICWE conference in Helsinki (https://icwe2020.webengineering.org/)
    • Collaborations: T2TRG, OPC UA
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • TF Reports
  • AOB?

13 Nov 2019

Chair: Sebastian/McCool

  • Quick updates
  • WG Charter
    • Draft Charter
    • under review by W3M - got a feedback from Alan Bird, and another possible feedback today
    • IF and ONLY IF there are substantive issues to address:
      • will have Charter call tomorrow at 9pm Japan Time
      • will send out WebEx etc by email, draft available for review by Friday
      • will still seek publication on Nov 20
    • will probably go out for AC review by Nov 20, then we have 1 month to get 20 AC votes
    • need to watch out for US Thanksgiving (Nov 29) and Christmas (Dec 25)
  • Interest from Academics
    • Discussed general policy during the prev call
    • when to invite Lucas Bonvin?
  • Future F2F Planning
    • March 2020 - date and host?
    • June/July 2020 - date and host?
    • Candidates: Helsinki (Intel), London (Mozilla), Pune (Siemens), there is a ICWE conference in Helsinki (https://icwe2020.webengineering.org/)
    • Collaborations: T2TRG, OPC UA
    • October 2020 - TPAC in Vancouver
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

6 Nov 2019

Chair: McCool

  • Quick updates
    • Meeting Schedule and events for 2019
    • New Security Call slot?
      • Had discussion during the Security call on Nov. 5
      • Decided to go back to the original Security slot:
        • Mondays, 5am PST / 8am EST / 2pm CET / 3pm EET / 10pm JST
      • Kaz has allocated a new WebEx and has sent the coordinate out to the group emails
      • Link to webex message is posted on WoT Security Wiki
    • Update on remote collaboration with the IRTF workshop (Nov. 15) and the IETF hackathon (Nov. 16-17)
    • Joint call with the Media and Entertainment IG on Dec. 3
      • as discussed during TPAC
      • to be postponed until January or February?
      • still need speakers - possible topics: WoT in general, expected future use cases, existing products, PlugFest effort
    • Report from the W3C Workshop on Data Models for Transportation - Taki
  • WG Charter
    • Draft Charter
    • under review by W3M - possible feedback today or next Wednesday
    • will probably go out for AC review by Nov 20...
    • ...then we have 1 month to get 20 AC votes
    • need to watch out for US Thanksgiving (Nov 29) and Christmas (Dec 25)
  • Publication status
  • Future F2F Planning
    • March 2020
    • June/July 2020
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • AOB?

30 Oct 2019

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Quick updates
    • New Security Call slot?
      • Doodle - no perfect time in the end.
      • Proposal: 3:00pm (JT) Tuesday, starting Nov 5 (well... 4:00pm after daylight savings change!)
    • Yet another reminder: Daylight Saving Time change
      • All calls are booked relative to Eastern (Boston) Time.
      • this week, after Sunday Oct 27, the calls will start one hour earlier in Europe (no change in US or Japan)
      • next week and later, after Sunday Nov 3, the calls will start one hour later in Japan (no change in US; go back to usual time in Europe)
      • See http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
    • Update on possible collaboration with the IRTF workshop (Nov. 15) and the IETF hackathon (Nov. 16-17)
    • Joint call with the Media and Entertainment IG on Dec. 3
      • as discussed during TPAC
      • who to talk about what? - possibly: WoT in general, expected future use cases, existing products, PlugFest effort
  • WG Charter - sent to W3M on Oct 25
    • Draft Charter
    • W3M discussion today (Oct 30) - Kaz need to move to the W3M call for a while
  • CR2 publication - Transition requests submitted; pinged Ralph yesterday (Oct. 29)
  • Other publications
    • Scripting API - updated WD published
    • Security and Privacy Guidelines - Draft ready for publication
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • Other Business
    • Interest from Academic - Invite to participate?

23 Oct 2019

Chair: McCool

  • Quick updates
  • IG charter - Congrats!
  • CR2 publication status - Transition requests submitted
  • WG Charter - should conclude at the next call on Oct 24, and then send it to W3M on Oct 25
  • Scripting next steps (Zoltan) - ???
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates

16 Oct 2019

Chair: McCool

  • Quick updates
  • IG charter AC review
    • Voting ended Oct 11: 24 supporters with one suggestion to add the Web&Networks IG to section "4.1 W3C Groups"
    • PR to address the suggestion - to be merged
    • asking the W3M for approval
  • Privacy: Feedback from PLH (Member-only)
  • CR2 Process
    • Release candidates available Oct 18 for Arch and TD
    • If no objections, then CR2 transition will take place Oct 21 at 11:59pm JST (11am EDT)
  • Scripting next steps (Zoltan) - ???
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates

9 Oct 2019

Chair: McCool

  • Quick updates
    • Singapore logistics
    • Status of the IG charter AC review
      • Voting ends Oct 11
      • 21 supporters so far. Thanks a lot for your collaboration!
    • Privacy
      • Meeting report
      • Schedule
    • Charter Call
      • Pending issues and PRs
    • Marketing Call time
      • Doodle
      • Thurs 10pm (JST), although Kaz may have a monthly W3C conflict
    • Security Call time
  • Scripting next steps (Zoltan) - 30mins
    • Review and update Use Cases and Requirements
    • Possible next work items and use cases:
      • "TD API" (current) vs "Simple API" or "No API" options
      • SW Deployment model (e.g. WASM?)
      • Linkable SW modules? Dependency management (modules, Things?)
      • Management API: device/SW module lifecycle etc.
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates

2 Oct 2019

Chair: McCool

  • Quick updates
    • Singapore logistics
    • IG charter review
      • Voting ends Oct 11
      • Only 8 supporters so far! Need 20...
      • Still missing many votes from active WG members
      • Remind your AC rep
    • Privacy
    • Marketing TF meeting time
      • Problem: Marcom conflict
      • Proposal: keep current call until WG Charter done, then use that slot (8pm Thursday)
      • Initial Website sketch (see here)
  • Web Things Protocol CG Charter (proposal) (Francis)
  • Scripting next steps (Zoltan)
    • Review and update Use Cases and Requirements
    • Possible next work items and use cases:
      • "TD API" (current) vs "Simple API" or "No API" options
      • SW Deployment model (e.g. WASM?)
      • Linkable SW modules? Dependency management (modules, Things?)
      • Management API: device/SW module lifecycle etc.
  • TF Reports
    • Marketing
    • Scripting
    • Architecture
    • Security
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates

25 Sept 2019

Chair: McCool/Sebastian

  • Quick updates
    • Singapore logistics
    • Chair/Editors' call
    • IG charter review
      • Need more supporters - ask your AC rep!
  • T2TRG Workshop Agenda
    • WoT Proposals
      • Discovery
      • TD HATEOS - Complex Interactions - RESTful Actions & Events
      • Protocol Bindings - CoAP vocab
      • Scripting and Management API
    • Next mtg: Thursday Oct 3
  • TPAC Followup
    • TPAC minutes (draft)
    • Marketing TF
      • Call on Monday at 8am Eastern; wiki/webex in progress
    • Group Liaisons
      • Decentralized ID WG (McCool/Ezell)
        • SSI for IoT Task Force of the Sovrin Governance Framework Working Group
      • Edge Computing (Web and Networks IG) (McCool/Matthias)
      • Privacy IG (McCool/Elena)
      • JSON-LD 1.1 WG (Sebastian/Victor)
      • Media and Entertainment IG (Kaz)
        • Joint call Dec 3rd
      • Accessibility IG (McCool/Kaz)
    • Presentations
      • Check for "TBD" in minutes for missing slides
  • Normative Privacy
    • CR update deadline: mid-October
    • Need strawman proposal... proposed changes to Arch and TD
    • Need reference for requirements (McCool to ask Sam Weiler)
    • Call Tuesday 7am Eastern - see email for confirmation and webex
  • WG Charter Updates
    • New Topics (PRs needed)
    • Timeline change
    • Call next week? Webex already set up for Thursday at 7am Eastern
  • Web Things Protocol CG Charter (proposal) (Francis)
  • Scripting next steps (Zoltan)
    • Review and update Use Cases and Requirements
    • Possible next work items and use cases:
      • "TD API" (current) vs "Simple API" or "No API" options
      • SW Deployment model (e.g. WASM?)
      • Linkable SW modules? Dependency management (modules, Things?)
      • Management API: device/SW module lifecycle etc.
  • AOB

11 Sept 2019

Chair: McCool

4 Sept 2019

Chair: McCool

28 Aug 2019

Chair: McCool

21 Aug 2019

Chair: McCool

14 Aug 2019

Chair: McCool

  • Quick updates
    • Conexxus Strategy Conference
      • Convenience stores and gas stations in North America
      • Currently working on updating data models, considering SDF/WoT TDs/OpenAPI
      • WoT status and roadmap presentation given by McCool Aug 13
      • Conexxus members have joined WoT and will be attending main call next week
    • Online PlugFest: 29 Aug 2019
      • Mozilla has confirmed
      • Kaz to set up doodle to pick time
    • Mozilla to ship HW (to McCool) for demo at TPAC
    • Report from TAG meeting
      • WoT: Improve explainer use cases, design decisions
      • TAG: Update github issues
  • TPAC Planning
    • Agenda
  • IG Re-Charter
    • TODO: Chair selection
    • Resolution to submit
  • Next F2F: IETF106 Singapore
    • McCool is in contact with Carsten Bormann, Barry Leiba, and Kathy Giori...
    • F2F Nov 13-14, T2TRG Workshop Nov 15, IETF Hackathon/WoT plugfest Nov 16-17
  • SDF and One Data Model (Koster)
  • TF Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Architecture
    • Security
  • AOB

7 Aug 2019

Chair: Matthias

  • Quick updates
    • PR transition feedback, TAG
    • Mozilla collab
    • Workshop report
  • Future agendas
    • e@Class, SDF, profiles...
  • F2F Logistics
    • TPAC2019 in Fukuoka
      • F2F topics and agenda
        • WG charter, PR transitions
    • Next plugfest/F2F
      • online plugfest, incl. Mozilla; date?
      • co-locate with IETF106 in Singapore?
      • co-locate with IETF107 in Vancouver?
  • TF Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Architecture
    • Security
  • AOB

31 July 2019

  • Quick updates
    • IG Charter updates
  • Review feedback
    • Report on Privacy meeting (Weiler:McCool) at IETF105
    • TAG meeting rescheduled to Aug 8
  • TF Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
  • WG Charter
  • F2F planning and logistics
  • Plugfest discussion
    • Online plugfests/testfests
    • TPAC plugfest
    • Future: IETF Hackathons
      • IETF106: Singapore, November 16-17, 2019
      • IETF107: Vancouver, March 21-22, 2020
  • AOB

24 July 2019

17 July 2019

10 July 2019

Note: Demo preparation planning to take place in "plugfest" call.

3 July 2019

  • Quick updates
  • Spec status
    • No responses from TAG or PING - Kaz to send yet another reminder
    • Other security reviews (Intel and Siemens?)
    • Security TF to work on security aspects and possible PRs on Monday
  • Wrapping up Current Charter
    • Timeline for completion
    • Kaz talked with PLH; W3M discussion again today on July 3
  • Other publications
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security and Privacy Guidelines
  • Minutes, slides, etc. from the Workshop and F2F
    • Still ongoing (including the final participants list of the Workshop) - sorry for the delay
    • Workshop pages fixed
  • TPAC demo logistics
    • Preparation - please let us know about your preference by visiting the F2F wiki
    • Demo during the Plenary Day on September 18
      • Restricted to 2 hours at max in the afternoon due to the sponsorship policy
      • First hour: one-hour breakout slot
        • PM1 session starting at 1pm? Looking for a slot with time for setup before...
      • Second hour: additional one-hour demo slot (with only one table)
  • Proposed IG Charter
  • Next WG Charter
    • restarted the discussion based on Matthias' summary slides last week
    • continue the discussion based on Lagally's dependency diagram
  • Profiles
    • Joint Oracle-Smart Things proposal on "core" profile.

26 June 2019

  • Quick updates
  • Spec status - comments from TAG and PING
    • TAG will discuss Dave Barron's comment during their call today
    • Asking PING for comments with the deadline of tomorrow, June 27
    • Planning to meet Friday (during TD call) to prepare a coordinated response
    • Security TF to work on security aspects and possible PRs on Monday
    • Will finalize responses to TAG and PING for both Arch and TD by next main call
    • Please don't post "personal" responses in the meantime...
  • Wrapping up Current Charter
    • Timeline for completion
    • Jeff suggests we ask W3M for extension, so now asking W3M about that
    • Other security reviews (Intel and Siemens?)
  • Other publications
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security and Privacy Guidelines
  • Minutes, slides, etc. from the Workshop and F2F
    • Ongoing (including the final participants list of the Workshop) - sorry for the delay
    • Workshop pages broken and to be fixed
  • TPAC demo logistics
    • Preparation
      • option a: at the W3C Team staff room with restricted time on Mon/Tue
      • option b: somewhere else at the Member companies during weekend
      • option c: lobby
    • Demo during the Plenary Day on September 18
      • Restricted to 2 hours at max in the afternoon due to the sponsorship policy
      • First hour: one-hour breakout slot
        • PM1 session starting at 1pm? Looking for a slot with time for setup before...
      • Second hour: additional one-hour demo slot (with only one table)
  • Next WG Charter
    • Should restart the discussion based on Matthias' summary slides

19 June 2019

12 June 2019

29 May 2019

  • Quick Updates
    • Chair call confirmation for IG and WG
  • Workshop
  • F2F Logistics
  • IG Charter
  • PR Publication Tasks
    • TD Updates: TD-PR757 TD-PR751
    • Testing results
    • TAG Reviews
    • Security Reviews - requested for June 12
    • Update Deliverables
      • Proposed Resolutions:
        • Rename Security and Privacy Considerations to Security and Privacy Guidelines (WG)
        • Remove Test Cases from WG Deliverables; will be documented as part of TD Implementation Report
        • Add Security Testing Plan to the Security and Privacy Guidelines and include in update.
        • Hold Security Best Practices until the new IG charter.
  • Marketing
  • Task Force Reports
    • WoT Thing Description
    • WoT Architecture
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
  • AOB

22 May 2019

  • Quick Updates
    • IIC Member's Meeting, May 20-26, Cork Ireland
    • Intel IoT DevFest IV proposal accepted - June 17, online
  • Charter
    • IG charter resolution
    • WG charter
  • PR Publication Tasks
    • Update TDs for test report!
      • Created PR for draft Implementation Report to update most TDs so they validate...
      • BUT technically these updates need to be submitted/confirmed by implementers.
    • TAG Review
    • Security review
      • Requests for external reviewers via IIC and Intel done
      • Additional reviewers would be welcome
      • Have given deadline of June 10 for comments
    • Test Cases and Report (schedule)
    • Reconfirm list of deliverables
    • Name change of Security and Privacy Considerations/Guidelines?
  • Workshop and Demos
  • F2F Logistics
  • Marketing
  • Task Force Updates
    • WoT Thing Description
    • WoT Architecture
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
  • AOB

15 May 2019

8 May 2019

1 May 2019

  • Cancelled due to holiday

24 April 2019

17 Apr 2019

  • Quick Updates
    • TAG telecon postponed until April 24
    • Other wide reviews: sent requests to a11y, i18n, json-ld
  • Workshop
    • First PC call April 15
      • Next call April 23rd due to German holiday
    • Possible F2F before or after workshop?
      • Maybe at TUM (Ege)
        • But... Japanese members can't come May 31
      • After (June 6-7) lets us do followup from workshop
      • PR Transition is June 11; but no spec changes, but testing report
    • Demo
      • Setup/plugfest possible at Siemens Friday before
      • Planning - plugfest call, starting today
      • Preparation (weekend before?)
  • Recharter
    • How to select chairs?
  • TPAC F2F Planning
    • Will be Thurs/Fri due to conflict with Media and Entertainment
    • Demo session on Wed (but no setup during the weekend)
    • Can we get access for network testing on Mon or Tues (night?)
    • Need to consider Plugfest and F2F
    • Possible Panasonic location...
  • TF updates
  • AOB

10 Apr 2019

  • Quick Updates
  • Workshop
    • PC meeting Monday
    • Deadline updated for April 23rd
    • Please register for OpenDay (invitation from Siemens) [2]
    • Demos [3]
  • TAG Reviews
    • TAG Telecon scheduled for 04-17
  • TF updates
    • WoT Thing Description
    • WoT Architecture
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
  • Demo Scenarios
  • AOB

3 Apr 2019

  • Quick Updates
  • Reviews
    • Wide review
      • JSON-LD
      • Internationalization
      • Accessibility
      • IETF
    • Tag
  • W3C WoT Workshop
  • TF updates
    • WoT Architecture
      • Will be a call tomorrow to prepare PRs
    • WoT Thing Description
      • Testing update (no Testing call today)
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
  • AOB

27 Mar 2019

  • Quick Updates
  • TAG Review
    • WoT Architecture
    • WoT Thing Description
    • Requested results by Friday April 5, need to do CR on Tuesday April 8
      • So any updates need to happen over the weekend, and be confirmed by TAG on Monday April 7!
      • Also this is during the AC Meeting
  • Wide Review
  • Rechartering
    • Selection of chairs
    • Charters (both IG and WG)
  • Workshop
    • Doodle poll results for Workshop PC members
      • Tentatively Monday 10pm JT - Start Monday April 1
    • Workshop deadline is April 15
    • Submission Instructions
  • One Data Model
  • TF updates
    • WoT Architecture
      • Will be a call tomorrow to prepare PRs
    • WoT Thing Description
      • Testing update (no Testing call today)
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
  • AOB

20 Mar 2019

  • Quick Updates
    • Doodle poll for Workshop PC members
    • One Data Model update
  • Preparation for CR Transition
    • Schedule: See above
      • TD to TAG by March 22
      • Arch to TAG by March 25
    • Wide review formal input - signoff
  • TF updates
  • AOB

13 Mar 2019

  • Quick Updates
  • Preparation for CR Transition
    • TAG Review Explainers
    • Implementation Report update
    • Wide Review
      • JSON-LD Review
      • Internationalization
      • Accessibility
      • Others?
    • Schedule revisited
  • TF updates
    • WoT Architecture
    • WoT Thing Description
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
      • Cross-alliance IoT Baseline Security Workshop - Spreadsheet
  • AOB

6 Mar 2019

  • Quick Updates
    • Workshop - Almost Certainly Probably Final CFP
    • Watch out for Daylight Savings Change next week! (see below)
    • AC Meeting April 7-9
      • Lighting Talk on WoT
      • McCool to present: will do draft; just 3-4 slides, 5-10 minutes
    • Verifiable Claims F2F Update
    • Soapbox: Definitions
  • Preparation for TAG Review
    • Schedule
    • Explainers
    • Freezing/Snapshots/Tags
    • Implementation Report update - Summary
  • TF updates
    • WoT Architecture
    • WoT Thing Description
    • WoT Binding Templates
    • WoT Scripting API
    • WoT Security
  • AOB

27 Feb 2019

  • Quick Updates
    • Workshop - Updated CFP
    • Daylight Savings starts soon, and so does mass confusion...
      • Calls are all scheduled in US Eastern Time, and European daylight savings starts on a different date, so...
      • In Europe, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10 and then and then go back one hour later after March 31.
      • In Japan, calls will start one hour earlier after March 10.
      • For this meeting, March 6 will be as usual, then the one after that will be an hour earlier, except in the US (generally...)
    • WG onboarding information
  • Schedule
    • Explainer documents needed for TAG review
      • Draft: TD TF (Tuesday, March 5th); Architecture TF (Tuesday, March 5th)
      • Chairs to finalize (Wednesday, March 6th), present in main call
    • TAG Review Start: Start of March (Friday, March 8th)
    • CR Transition Target: March 30th (allows 2wks for TAG Review)
  • TF updates
  • AOB

20 Feb 2019

13 Feb 2019

6 Feb 2019

23 Jan 2019

16 Jan 2019

9 Jan 2019

  • Quick Updates
  • WoT Architecture draft
    • Regular meeting time (discuss result of Doodle)
    • Inclusion of Oracle's input
    • Matsukura-san suggesting a simpler structure with rationale description for the architecture
  • F2F Logistics
  • TestFest Logistics
    • Access
    • Network
    • Testing planning
    • Pre-work
  • Other
    • Task Force reports

19 Dec 2018

  • 2nd WoT workshop
  • F2F Logistics
  • WoT Architecture draft
    • Matsukura-san suggesting a simpler structure with rationale description for the architecture
  • New Documents (W3C Notes)
    • Security Best Practices (wot-security-best-practices)
    • Security Testing Plan (wot-security-testing-plan)
  • Schedule
    • Architecture document updates
    • TD document PR finalization
    • Security and Privacy Considerations
  • First Meeting in 2019
    • Week of Jan 7
    • Calls will start again Monday Jan 7
    • First Main Call is Wednesday Jan 9
    • Exception: Possible TD call Jan 4
  • Other
    • Task Force Reports

12 Dec 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • F2F Logistics
  • WoT Workshop Logistics
  • Meetings next week

5 Dec 2018

28 Nov 2018

21 Nov 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • IG Re-charter
  • Logistics
    • Testing and release timeline
    • F2F and Online Meeting(s)

14 Nov 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • TPAC Report
  • Online PlugFest
    • Dates
    • Warning, delay means not making it to REC
  • IG Re-charter
  • Testing
    • Possible support by company specialized in Web Platform Tests
    • Discuss funding/sponsoring
  • Task Force Reports
    • Architecture
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing

7 Nov 2018

  • Quick Updates
    • Michael Koster/Smart Things: welcome!
    • Taki: will be talking about iotschema (and WoT) at IIC in Beijing for DDIM task group (semantic interop in industrial use case), next Wed, 25m
  • Telco slots
    • Doodle results: no changes to main calls, however...
    • Daylight Saving ended in US and EU, so one hour later in Japan/Korea/China
    • TD slot remains: Friday at 11pm-1d US Pacific/4pm Japan/8am Europe
    • Binding call dropped; topics to be covered in TD call
  • Publication status
    • TD published during TPAC
    • Scripting API WD and Security Note tbd this week
  • TPAC report
  • WG extension
    • Initial discussion with the W3C Management for 6-mo extension to reach REC status
    • Started concrete discussion with PLH; planning to get approval by the end of Nov.
  • IG rechartering
    • Plan for 30-month term
    • should generate a draft updated Charter by the end of Nov.
  • Next f2f options
    • Focus on finalizing CR including testing
    • No plugfest or open day
    • Duration: 3 days
    • Samsung (US or UK): Koster to check (in progress)
    • Siemens (US): Sebastian has confirmed (Princeton, NY; Jan 29-31)
    • Keio (Tokyo, Japan): available on Jan. 6-11 but may be too early
  • Others
    • Online plugfest second week of Dec (discuss in testing call)
    • 2nd WoT workshop May or June 2019 (Matthias mentioned 22-23 May)?
    • Smart Cities BG and Workshop (probably September 2019)
    • mini workshop at WWW2019 in San Francisco (13-17 May 2019)?
  • PlugFest report / Testing TF

10 Oct 2018

3 Oct 2018

19 Sep 2018

12 Sep 2018

5 Sep 2018

  • Quick Updates
    • TPAC F2F wiki page linked
    • PlugFest "most likely" at Uni Lyon
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
      • Michael Lagally's review
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
      • Release candidate in master
    • Security
      • Release candidate in master
    • Testing
  • Agenda items for Next WebConf

29 Aug 2018

22 Aug 2018

15 Aug 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Online PlugFest
    • Planning in testing/plugfest call immediately after this call
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description: Working Draft release status
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda items for Next WebConf

8 Aug 2018

    • Doodle --> 25-28 Sep 2018
    • Planning in Testing call (VPN, ...)
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description: Working Draft release status
      • Security updates (Mccool)
      • Comments by Daniel and Toru-san
      • Missing: rel vocabulary (MichaelK)
      • Issue: JSON Schema in appendix
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda items for Next WebConf

1 Aug 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Online PlugFest
  • Korea F2F Minutes
    • Ready to publish?
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
      • Working Draft release
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda items for Next WebConf

25 July 2018

25 June 2018


11/18 July 2018

No calls (f2f recovery for 11th and overlapping IETF meeting for 18th)

20 June 2018

27 June 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Korea F2F/Plugfest Preparation
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda items for Next WebConf
    • After F2F; no webconf next week.

20 June 2018

13 June 2018

  • Quick Updates
    • Testing TF Meeting Time: Joint call with PlugFest TF, 1.5h directly after main call
    • Mccool had meeting with IIC about liaison
  • Prague PlugFest Documentation
  • Korea F2F/Plugfest Preparation
    • Korea F2F
    • Catering: Individual restaurants or delivery orders
    • OpenDay Speakers: Interesting topics by WoT Participants?
    • PlugFest infrastructure
      • Thing Directory update timeline
      • node-wot update timeline
    • Look at Plenary and Breakout Input
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

6 June 2018

30 May 2018

  • Quick Updates
    • Testing TF Meeting Time: Monday evening
  • Prague Plugfest Documentation
  • Korea Plugfest/F2F Preparation
    • Korea F2F
    • PlugFest Target
      • Thing Description
      • Security (if time)
      • Plugfest meetings restarting (immediately after this call)
    • Need speakers for the OpenDay
    • Call for Plenary and Breakout topics
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

23 May 2018

  • Quick Updates
    • Call on Friday with JSON-LD 1.1 CG (chair and staff only)
  • Prague Plugfest Documentation
  • Korea Plugfest/F2F Preparation
    • Korea F2F
    • Plugfest meetings restarting next week
      • Testing meeting to be rescheduled; will use Editor's slot until get another time via a doodle
      • People should do preparation in advance if possible...
    • Need speakers for the OpenDay; TTA and ETRI?
    • Call for Plenary and Breakout topics
  • TPAC Planning - Lyon, France
    • Demos etc.
    • Plugfest sponsorship (Oct 20 and 21)
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

16 May 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Prague Plugfest Documentation
  • Korea F2F
  • Plugfest Planning
  • F2F Planning
    • OpenDay topics
    • Plenary and Breakout topics
  • TPAC Planning - Lyon, France
    • Demos etc.
    • Plugfest sponsorship (Oct 20 and 21)
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

9 May 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Prague Plugfest Documentation
  • AC Meeting WoT Demo
  • Korea F2F
  • Plugfest Planning
    • Testing planning
    • Security
    • Documentation
  • F2F Planning
    • OpenDay topics
    • Plenary and Breakout topics
  • TPAC Planning - Lyon, France
    • Demos etc.
    • Plugfest sponsorship (Oct 20 and 21)
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

2 May 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Prague Plugfest Documentation
    • DONE: Panasonic
    • IN PROGRESS: Hitachi, Siemens, Intel
    • TODO: EUROCOM, IRI, Fujitsu, Oracle, Paciello, SmartThings
  • AC Meeting WoT Demo
  • Korea F2F Planning
    • Plugfest Logistics: when and where (TTA Grand Conference Room – A)
    • Sponsorship (TTA)
  • Testing
    • Online/persistent tests
    • Progress on plan, e.g. normative assertions
  • Task Force Reports
    • Thing Description
    • Binding Templates
    • Scripting API
    • Security
    • Testing
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

6 June 2018

  • Presentation: Orange Thing'in (Sébastien Bolle)

New Topics

  • Plugfest
    • Reproducible scenarios
    • Documentation implementations
    • Security: ALL use cases should have a security plan
  • Schedule: especially dates for doc updates, stable versions for Plugfest
  • Architecture TF to discuss cross-cutting issues:
    • Thing Directories
    • Dynamic Thing Description updates
    • NAT traversal
    • Proxies
    • "Descriptive" application to third-party ecosystems

Not Scheduled

  • [Oliver Pfaff, Ari, Carsten] Security update of IETF activities (ACE+CoRE)
  • [Michael McCool] Speaker to review recently released IIC Industrial Internet Security Framework [4].
  • [Michael McCool] Speaker to talk about AWS Greengrass and IoT.
  • [Johannes, Ben Titzer] Web assembly & WoT (WASM runtimes + WoT scripting) (30mins+?)
  • [Dave Raggett] Regular JSON for application contracts (15 mins)

Action Item Tracker

We reactivated the W3C tracker, since it is easier to maintain than a wiki table.

W3C WoT IG Action Tracker

Meeting Minutes

2018

May 2018

Apr 2018

Mar 2018

Feb 2018

Jan 2018

2017

Dec 2017

Nov 2017

Oct 2017

Sep 2017

Aug 2017

Jul 2017

Jun 2017

May 2017

Apr 2017

Mar 2017

Feb 2017

Jan 2017

2016

Dec 2016

Nov 2016

Oct 2016

Sep 2016

Aug 2016

Jul 2016

Jun 2016

May 2016

Apr 2016

Archived Meeting Minutes

These minutes are largely historical from before the task force work. The minutes of the individual task forces were shared over the public mailing list.