WG WoT Discovery WebConf

From Web of Things Interest Group
Jump to: navigation, search

WebConf Information

See also the consolidated WoT Web meetings table on the main wiki page of the WoT IG/WG.

Obsolete calls

WebEx

IRC

The IRC is used for the minutes, speaker queue, and sharing links etc.

General Information

See also https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Discovery_TF

Schedule

Key Dates

  • See new WG charter

Cancellations

  • Discovery calls cancelled in August (2-23, 4 meetings)
  • Farshid will be unavailable the first three weeks of Sept (but will continue to work on PRs, and meetings will still be held)

Actions

Future Topics

Agendas

13 September 2021

Duration: 1h

Scribe: Andrea

6 September 2021

Duration: 1h

Scribe: Andrea

30 August 2021

Duration: 1h

Scribe: Christian

  • Minutes
  • Geolocation
    • TPAC joint session
    • Liaisons (esp. OGC)
    • Relationship to Smart City activity
    • Document writing up current experience/proposal/references, etc.
  • Planning
    • Timelines, priorities, testing, etc.
  • Issues and PRs
  • AOB

26 July 2021

Duration: 2h

Scribe: Andrea

  • Minutes
  • Cancellation schedule
  • Timeline
    • Publications
    • Testing
  • Issues and PRs
  • AOB

19 July 2021

Duration: 2h

Scribe: Christian Glomb (first hour)

  • Minutes
  • Publication of update
  • Issues and PRs
  • AOB

12 July 2021

Duration: 1h

Scribe: Farshid

21 June 2021

Duration: 1h

CANCELLED

Scribe: Farshid

14 June 2021

Scribe: Andrea

  • Minutes
  • PRs
  • Schedule and next pub
  • F2F
  • Testing
    • Results
    • Plan
    • Report
  • AOB

7 June 2021

Scribe: Cristiano

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
    • WD update publication
  • Issues and PRs
  • Testing (Testfest)
  • AOB

31 May 2021

Scribe: Ben

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
  • Issues and PRs
  • To Revise, Refactor, Restructure, or Redo
  • AOB

24 May 2021

Note: Holiday in Canada and Europe, having meeting anyway...

Scribe: Ege

17 May 2021

Scribe: Andrea

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
    • WD update publication
  • Issues
  • PRs
  • Planning
    • Next steps, priorities
  • AOB

10 May 2021

Scribe: Farshid

Regrets: Christian G

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
    • WD update publication
  • Planning
    • Schedule review
  • Issues and PRs
  • AOB

3 May 2021

Scribe: Daniel

Regrets: Christian G, Andrea

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
    • WD publication update
    • from TD TF: canonicalization
    • from security TF: WIP, TD signing
  • Scripting
  • PRs
  • Testing
  • Issues
  • AOB

26 April 2021

Scribe: Christiano

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
    • Resolution planned for April 28
  • PRs
  • Testing
  • Issues
  • AOB

19 April 2021

Scribe: Christian

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
  • Plan updates to working draft (for resolution April 28)
  • PRs
  • Issues
  • AOB

12 April 2021

Scribe: Kaz

29 March 2021

  • Decide on pagination
    • Our own content-based approach
    • Our own header-based approach, but which is quite similar to the following (HTTP protocol specific)
    • Just use https://www.w3.org/TR/ldp-paging/ as-is.
    • TD support for this generally? Eg "paginated" annotation for interaction

8 March 2021

Scribe: Farshid

  • Minutes
  • Quick updates
    • Scripting
      • Pagination API for TDs, support for small devices
      • Scripting API side needs to align with peer-to-peer Discovery network API
      • Small devices might want to extract TD fragments/elements
      • Maybe make JSONpath optional in peer-to-peer TD retrieval
      • Could be supported on either server or client side, or both
      • If producer does not support, then client could filter
      • Producer could return an error if does not support queries, consumer could retry by fetching full TD, then doing client-side filtering
      • Issues to be created (in both scripting and discovery, cross-ref)
  • Plugfest report out
  • Logistics
    • F2F
    • Cancellations
  • Issues and PRs
    • Pagination
  • AOB

1 March 2021

Scribe: Andrea

  • Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • Plugfest happening this week
  • Logistics
  • PRs
  • Planning
    • Schedule
    • Prioritization
      • Following is a summary of "hot topics", but details in issue tracker (use "Priority" label for things that definitely need to be in the pre-CR draft)
      • Directories
        • JSONPath queries - limiting JS scripts for security
        • SPARQL queries - RDF/JSON-LD framing, incl support for extensions
        • TTL
        • Validation spec for TDs
      • Peer-to-Peer
        • Query filters - @type keywords only
      • Introductions
        • Spec requirements, i.e. DNS-SD service names, DID resource types, etc.
      • Geolocation
        • Geolocation query filters on directories; and peer-to-peer?
        • Alignment with OGC information models and APIs
  • Issues
  • AoB

22 February 2021

Note: special 2h meeting today

Scribe: Christiano/Christian

  • Minutes
  • Quick Updates
    • Plugfest happening this week; Directory instances available? Projects?
  • Logistics
    • Cancel meeting during plugfest week?
      • No, will have a 1h meeting, try to close on pagination (e.g. merge PR)
    • F2F topics
      • wiki
      • Review presentations week before F2F (March 8)
  • PRs
    • Resource Types for RD Introductions
    • Security and Privacy Considerations
  • Issues
    • Pagination
  • AoB

15 February 2021

Scribe: Farshid

8 February 2021

Scribe: Christian

1 February 2021

Scribe: Christine

25 January 2021

Scribe: Andrea

18 January 2021

Scribe: Cristiano

11 January 2021

Scribe: Farshid

4 January 2021

Scribe: Jack

7 December 2020

Scribe: Farshid

30 November 2020

Scribe: Christian

23 November 2020

Scribe: Kaz

  • Minutes
  • Scheduling/Cancellations
  • FPWD
  • Issues and PRs
  • Planning Next Steps
  • AOB

16 November 2020

Scribe: Andrea

9 November 2020

Scribe: Farshid

26 October 2020

Note: not a discovery meeting, but a breakout prep meeting. Minutes will be reviewed in main call.

  • Breakout preparation
    • Logistics
    • Demo videos
    • Demo scenarios

12 October 2020

Scribe: Christian Glomb

  • Guest
    • Christian Kurze, MongoDB
    • Jack Dickinson, Conexxus
  • Minutes
  • TPAC Prep
  • FPWD Updates
  • Plugfest recap
  • Issues and PRs
  • AOB

28 September 2020

Scribe: Cristiano

21 September 2020

Scribe: Andrea

  • Minutes
  • Updates
    • Edge Workers PoC - for W&N
  • Plugfest
  • Review TPAC Agenda
  • Review PRs
  • Review Issues
  • AOB

14 September 2020

Scribe: Cristiano

Regrets: Christian_Glomb

  • Minutes
  • TPAC vF2F Planning
    • Joint meeting agenda items: DID, Privacy, JSON-LD
  • Directory security requirements
  • Review PRs
  • Review Issues
  • AOB

7 September 2020

Scribe: Kaz

  • Minutes
  • TPAC vF2F Planning
    • Joint meeting agenda items: DID, Privacy, JSON-LD
  • Schedule discussion for FPWD
  • Review PRs
  • Review Issues
  • AOB

31 August 2020

Scribe: Farshid

24 August 2020

Scribe: Christian Glomb

Regrets: Farshid

17 August 2020

Scribe: Farshid/Zoltan

10 August 2020

Scribe: Andrea

  • Guests
    • Christian Kurze
  • Minutes
  • MongoDB
  • Review progress on draft
  • Use case review
    • Directories for TDTs
  • PRs and issues
  • AOB

3 August 2020

Scribe: Daniel

Regrets: Christian

27 July 2020

Scribe: David

Regrets: Christian

20 July 2020

Scribe: Cristiano

13 July 2020

6 July 2020

29 June 2020

Cancelled - post F2F rest week.

22 June 2020

Cancelled. Regular schedule replaced with (virtual) F2F schedule.

15 June 2020

During the WoT Plugfest, but we need to meet (during the regular time) to finalize F2F presentation material.

8 June 2020

Cancelled due to conflict with T2TRG/WoT Joint Workshop.

1 June 2020

25 May 2020

  • Minutes
  • Review PRs and Issues
  • Review requirements document
  • Discuss how to capture "design decisions" (resolutions) and alternatives
    • https://github.com/w3c/wot-discovery/blob/master/design.md
    • Additional resolutions needed for
      • Use of HTTP for directory services
      • Use of JSON-LD 1.1 to encode results from directory services
      • Allow directories to return more than one result
      • Part-of-TD return values allowed for each result
      • Pagination at result granularity (up to full TD)
      • Allow use of JWT for directory service authentication
      • API for directory service will be described with a TD (version "next" as needed)
    • For discussion
      • Allow use of OAuth2 (flow TBD) for directory service authentication
      • Allow use of WebID (certificate rather a token; would need "cert" scheme) for directory service authentication
      • Use of out-of-band information model (avoid modification of TDs in case of signed TDs) for timestamps, etc.
      • Query support (and format? Perhaps can just start with desired capabilities)
      • Name/type registrations: DID link types, DHCP records, DNS-SD types, etc. for both devices and directories
      • Kinds of directory services: fixed (.well-known), basic (keyword query, eg JSONPath/XPath), advanced (SPARQL).
      • Other?
  • When/how should we get started on a draft index.html
  • Explainer
    • Do this in parallel with the index.html?
  • AOB

18 May 2020

Cancelled due to conflict with AC meeting.

11 May 2020

4 May 2020

27 Apr 2020

20 Apr 2020

13 Apr 2020

  • Cancelled - Easter Monday

6 Apr 2020

  • Guests
    • Bosch, Kevin Olotu
  • Minutes
  • Meeting Schedule
    • Easter Monday
  • PRs and Issues
  • AOB

30 Mar 2020

  • Guests
    • Bosch, Kevin Olotu
  • Minutes
  • PRs and Issues
  • AOB

23 Mar 2020

16 Mar 2020

9 Mar 2020

  • Minutes
  • Directories and Queries
    • Victor Charpenay - invite to discuss past WoT work
  • Location semantics?
  • Issues and PRs
  • AOB

2 Mar 2020

24 Feb 2020

17 Feb 2020

10 Feb 2020