Main WoT WebConf

From Web of Things Interest Group
Jump to: navigation, search

WebConf Information

Wednesdays at 8am EST / 2pm CET / 10pm JST

This is the joint call of WoT Interest Group (IG) and WoT Working Group (WG).

Note: Due to Daylight Savings in Europe, the call will start one hour later in Europe this week than last week. Please see also the announcement (Member-only).

WebEx

To avoid a repetition of fraudulent calls, the ICS files, host codes and meeting passwords should not be shared on the public list or a public wiki or other web page, e.g. in the agenda or minutes.

IRC

The IRC is used for the minutes, speaker queue, and sharing links etc.

Agenda

17 Jan 2018

  • Quick Updates
  • Next F2F: Prague, March 23 + 24--29
    • OCF/IETF T2TRG Collaboration - Joint workshop Friday March 23
    • Plugfest March 24--25
    • Meetings March 26--29
    • Agenda
    • Host
  • Accessibility
  • TF Reports
    • Thing Description TF
    • Scripting API TF
      • Dynamic Thing Descriptions (to support caching, distribution, etc.)
      • TD representation inside Scripting API (String vs DOM etc)
      • Algorithm definitions for all API functions
      • Scope and role of protocol bindings
    • Binding Templates TF
      • Changes to protocol bindings: type/@type, elimination of "value", addition of "const"
      • Need to coordinate changes with Thing Description TF.
    • Security TF
      • NDSS DISS workshop paper accepted
      • Added preliminary F2F topics
  • Agenda for Next WebConf

New Topics

  • Plugfest
    • Reproducible scenarios
    • Documentation implementations
    • Security: ALL use cases should have a security plan
  • Schedule: especially dates for doc updates, stable versions for Plugfest
  • Architecture TF to discuss cross-cutting issues:
    • Thing Directories
    • Dynamic Thing Description updates
    • NAT traversal
    • Proxies
    • "Descriptive" application to third-party ecosystems

Stash for Future WebConfs

  • Publication schedule
    • Each TF should come up with a plan
  • TPAC Plugfest Planning
    • Proxies
    • Protocol Bindings
    • Directories
    • What will be there?
      • Review Wiki pages
      • Share Thing Descriptions

Not Scheduled

  • [Oliver Pfaff, Ari, Carsten] Security update of IETF activities (ACE+CoRE)
  • [Michael McCool] Speaker to review recently released IIC Industrial Internet Security Framework [1].
  • [Michael McCool] Speaker to talk about AWS Greengrass and IoT.
  • [Johannes, Ben Titzer] Web assembly & WoT (WASM runtimes + WoT scripting) (30mins+?)
  • [Dave Raggett] Regular JSON for application contracts (15 mins)

Action Item Tracker

We reactivated the W3C tracker, since it is easier to maintain than a wiki table.

W3C WoT IG Action Tracker

Meeting Minutes

2017

Feb 2017

Jan 2017

2016

Dec 2016

Nov 2016

Oct 2016

Sep 2016

Aug 2016

Jul 2016

Jun 2016

May 2016

Apr 2016

Archived Meeting Minutes

These minutes are largely historical from before the task force work. The minutes of the individual task forces were shared over the public mailing list.