W3C WAI Updates for GAAD 2023
In your materials for Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD), we encourage you to include relevant resources from the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI).
WAI Resources for GAAD
For a list of free online resources to support digital accessibility, see WAI Resources.
Resources particularly relevant for GAAD include:
- Making Events Accessible – Checklist for meetings, conferences, training, and presentations that are remote/virtual, in-person, or hybrid
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- Digital Accessibility Courses
For monthly updates on current WAI work, see What We’re Working On – Accessibility Activities and Publications.
For those interested in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG):
- An updated draft of WCAG 2.2 was published on 17 May 2023. See WCAG 2 Overview and What’s New in WCAG 2.2 Draft.
- WCAG 3.0 is exploring a different approach. It is years away from being completed. See WCAG 3 Introduction.
- You can get announcements of WCAG updates via e-mail. See Get WAI News.
W3C accessibility work is led by:
- Kevin White, Development and Operations Lead
- Michael Cooper, Strategy and Technical Lead
- Shawn Lawton Henry, Education and Communications Lead
To reach WAI staff, you can e-mail email@example.com.