W3C Internationalization Working Group Teleconference
  • Past
  • Confirmed


Event details

Greenwich Mean Time
every 7 days, starting from 2023-02-23, until 2023-05-11
Location: https://www.w3.org/2017/09/i18n-meeting-info.html
Internationalization Working Group ( View calendar)

NOTE WELL This meeting is scheduled in the Europe/London time zone. That time zone observes Daylight Savings/Summer Time. Your local time for this call may vary due to differences in your local time zone's observation of DST/ST from that of the UK.



Things to do before the meeting:


Topic: Agenda Review
Send agenda+ requests to the public-i18n-core@ list in advance of the meeting!

Topic: Action Items
Review of open action items from previous meetings

Topic: Info Share
Share information of interest to the working group or pertaining to internationalization in general.

Topic: RADAR Review
Time to review new and on-going requests for specification review. Incoming requests are assigned to shepherds in this part of the call.
In addition, we review the status of specifications that have received comments. Please review your issues and owned items in advance of the call

Topic: Pending Issue Review
Review of new and pending issues raised by working group members or via the various bots.

Topic: Group Meeting at TPAC
See description below. We need to decide about how we will participate in TPAC this year

Topic: IRIs and the URL spec: what's our policy here?
We re-visited our recommendations and the current status last week. Now we need to discuss whether we're happy with our recommendations.

Topic: Update the W3C style guide I18N section?
The section about I18N in the W3C style guide might need work...

Topic: Review proposed changes to accept-language
Chrome is thinking of reducing accept-language values on HTTP and in navigator.language so that only the first item is shown and the q list is not. Of course, this comes from security concerns.

Richard notes:

Seems to me that if you're worried about security you wouldn't add those q lists to your default, rather than clobbering all the multilingual people out there who want accept-language to work as designed.
What does the group think?

Topic: I18N Glossary references
The I18N Glossary is non-normative (because it is a WG Note) and we need to resolve changes to the instructions on how to use it and its relationship to the normative WHATWG spec "INFRA".

Topic: AOB?


Getting too many of these notifications? Read this email from Richard on how to manage notifications.


If you are set to scribe and cannot make it, please send regrets to the chair. Volunteers to act as scribe cheerfully accepted.

Fuqiao [2023-02-09]
Atsushi [2023-02-16]
Felix [2023-02-23]
Bert [2023-03-02]

Chair's Link Farm


TPAC info

TPAC 2023 will be held from 11 to 15 September 2023, with a main in-person hub at Melia Sevilla Hotel, in Sevilla, Spain. As last year, we are adapting our format to a hybrid mode and planning to build a dynamic meeting. Here is the projected schedule (still to be confirmed):

The schedule of the week should be as follows:

  • Monday 11 September: Group meetings
  • Tuesday 12 September:
    • Group meetings all day
    • AC plenary sessions in the afternoon
    • Meetup in the late afternoon
  • Wednesday 13 September: Breakout sessions
  • Thursday 14 September: Group meetings
  • Friday 15 September: Group meetings

In order to build a dynamic meeting to bring more cross participation and interactions, we will work this year with set slots. Each group will be able to ask for 90 minute and/or 2-hour slots. If the health situation permits, all groups will break at the same time. The Melia Sevilla hotel has several outside areas, big enough to accommodate all our participants at the same time.

Export options

Personal Links

Please log in to export this event with all the information you have access to.

Public Links

The following links do not contain any sensitive information and can be shared publicly.


Report feedback and issues on GitHub.