Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.


EOWG Meetings 2021

From Education & Outreach
Jump to: navigation, search

EOWG Meetings main page

Draft minutes are available at the end of the teleconference at the URI: http://www.w3.org/YYYY/MM/DD-eo-minutes where YYYY is the year, MM is the month, and DD the date. <-- you have to change that in the linked URI :)

23 July 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. Template design for WCAG Techniques, Understanding WCAG, ACT Rules for WCAG, Supplemental Guidance to WCAG, ARIA APG
  2. Outreach - examples of tweet replies and other mentions
  3. Work for today and next week

Summary

Topics included:

  1. ACT Rules - survey is posted and group is asked to respond with two things in mind:
    • resource is not intended for general public but for auto tool makers and those who develop manual review methodologies.
    • survey will focus on the framework, navigation, and ease of understanding where you are and how to find what you are specifically seeking
  2. Outreach - part of the name of our group and the expectations of us from W3C. Please continue to make note of:
    • your own outreach and promotional efforts (blog posts, social media activity, etc)
    • accessibility related topics that others post, especially if you respond with a pointer to WAI resources (much appreciated)
    • any references to WAI materials in newsletters, blog posts, webinars done by others.
  3. Work for this Week - has been updated. Surveys are listed in priority order. Remember that you can save answers in surveys and return to complete at a later time. Also even if you are unable to complete the review, please register that fact using the option in the review level question in each survey - Thanks!

Minutes - 23 July 2021 EOWG Meeting

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • Name, date

9 July 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. WAI CurriculaCurricula designer modules Starfish Review survey
  2. Videos — proposed shift from WCAG SCs to How People with Disabilities Use the Web sub-pages
  3. Work for this Week
    • Curricula survey ready now
    • WCAG-EM Report Tool butterfly/approval-to-publish survey coming end of next week
    • Outreach - record your activities and other things you see

Summary

Daniel explained how the comments from the last survey and meeting conversations had been addressed. He asked that the group take plenty of time and carefully review the Designer modules and comment in the survey linked in the agenda. This is the final review before we will be asked for permission to publish. There are two weeks allocated to completing the survey - remember that you can save your answers and return to the survey over that time. Shadi reviewed with the group the current plans for video production. Rather than include the short videos that were proposed to illustrate the SC of the Accessibility Guidelines, the focus has shifted specifically to videos that illustrate the AT use and concepts related to How People with Disabilities Use the Web. The group considered this shift and determined that it was a good decision and likely to be very effective in its purpose. Hidde reported that a approval to publish survey would post near the end of this week for the WCAG-EM Report Tool, please watch for it. A review of the Work for This Week and discussion of our outreach efforts wrapped up the meeting - thanks all!

Minutes - 9 July 2021 EOWG Meeting

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • Name, date

25 June 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. WCAG-EM Report Tool - Discuss issues raised in survey and GitHub issues tagged EOWG agenda+
    1. updated overview page
    2. 'all results' on Report Findings page?
    3. other comments
  2. User Stories - Discuss open issues around draft User Stories, Personas prototype
  3. Meeting Scribe - Scribe Rotation and Scribing Instructions/Tips
  4. Work for this Week

Summary

Meeting began with brief introductions from all participants and welcome to our new colleague, Michele Williams who has an extensive background in usability at Pearson and elsewhere. The group then considered comments that had been submitted for the updates to the page design for the WCAG-EM Report Tool. Among the comments were preferences about Save, expand/collapse, and findability. Hidde is taking comments and will use them to guide next steps. Next was discussion of open issues around the User Stories draft that the group will consider. Reminder to the group that we will begin Scribe Rotation and provisions of instructions for how to manage that. The meeting wrapped up with pointers to current work and the sad but exciting news that Shadi is leaving W3C in September to take a position with a major tech company. Good luck Shadi, we will miss you!

View full 25 June meeting minutes .

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • Billie Johnston, 25 June 2021

11 June, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. Introductions
  2. Curricula - Understanding and Involving Users module draft
    Discussion
    • Module fit -- How does this module fit in the curricula? does it fit in the designer modules?
    • Explaining different types of feedback -- Feedback from testing with users vs from involving users in the analysis, design, and development phases
      Is that difference clear throughout the module? How could we make that difference more explicit?
    • Including real people versus desk research (research without real people)
      Does current wording acknowledge that some organizations are not able to involve real people and will do mainly desk research?
  3. Scribe rotation for Friday Meetings
  4. Work for this Week

Summary

Discussion of the agenda items previously listed resulted in the following:

  1. The curriculum TF will reconsider the placement of the current content, including the idea of moving much of the information about involving users to the Foundations modules.
  2. Based on the outcome of that reconsideration, discussion of the additional curriculum questions were tabled.
  3. Scribe rotation method will be introduced at the next EOWG meeting.

Meeting Minutes 11 June 2021

07 May, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

Videos Subgroup Meeting (in place of EOWG meeting)

  1. WCAG Video Project

30 April, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. Style for EOWG Resources - (~30 minutes)
  2. Style Guide update - (? minutes)
    • Broadened "For persona names, include different ethnicities and genders." to include pictures, descriptions, ages, disabilities
    • diff, resulting bullets
  3. Work for this Week - (5 minutes)


16 April, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. WCAG-EM Report Tool:
  2. WCAG Videos Update
  3. Using GitHub videos - Any comments on these draft videos on using GitHub for WAI resources ?
  4. Work for this Week
  5. Work on reviews, surveys, and other Work for this Week - (remaining time :-)
  6. (optional) GitHub tips live

Summary

The group considered and discussed agenda items listed above. No votes or resolutions were taken.

View full 16 April meeting minutes .

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • [done] name, 00 Month 2021
  • [done] Sylvie, 30 April 2021

09 April, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

Videos Subgroup Meeting (in place of EOWG meeting)

  1. WCAG Videos

26 March, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. WAI Style Guide Update - (15+ minutes)
    • See proposed revised wording in Talk:Style.
      • The most significant change is the 2 sentences and 2 bullets starting with:
        "Note: Be aware that a plural pronoun for an individual..."
      • Diff in .doc
    • (optional example in case it's useful) Example of options being considered for Tal in Content Usable document.
  2. WCAG Video Project (Overview and what to review for) - (~60 minutes)
  3. [Tentative] - Curricula update on Designer modules - (5-10 minutes)
  4. Work for this Week - (5 minutes)

19 March, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

Note meeting time is one hour different in Europe and other places

Meeting for those who are commenting on the COGA Content Usable document:

  1. COGA Content Usable
    • Background: EOWG comments and COGA replies (.doc) — COGA replies are in purple boxes starting with "March2021"; the number is a link to the GitHub issue, the next text is their topic (in italics); the next paragraph is their reply.
    • Discuss situation and approach to commenting (e.g., please do share perspectives, and think about level)
    • Any questions about the Survey on COGA Replies?
      (note: survey Introduction was updated Wednesday, and new questions coming Thursday)
  2. Work for today (Friday 19 March)


05 March, 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

WCAG Videos Meeting (Optional for other EOWG Participants)

Summary

@@. View full 05 March meeting minutes .

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • [done] name, 00 Month 2021


26 February 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. List of Accessibility Courses (~30 minutes)
  2. Correct Speech Recognition (instead of Voice Recognition) (~40 minutes)
    • Description in WAI Style Guide
    • Proposed edits to Speech Recognition Perspectives Video page: preview, diff
    • Any comments on proposed edits?
    • With the transcript, is a Note about the change.
      What are the Pros and Cons of putting something about it earlier on the page?
    • Leave URI "voice" OK, or importance to change?
  3. WAI Project Opportunities - call for volunteers (some EOWG projects and some not) (~20 minutes)
    • Any questions?
    • Any ideas of who might be qualified and interested?
  4. Work for this Week (5 minutes)
    • Note "Review minor changes" and "Optional — Provide input on open issues" under Work for this Week

Summary

EOWG worked through the items listed in the agenda above. There were no resolutions or action items. Calls for volunteers have been posted. View full 26 March meeting minutes .

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • [done] name, 00 Month 2021

19 February 2021 - no teleconference

12 February 2021 - no teleconference

05 February 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. Curricula title - consider the title used in different contexts - front-load title? comments in GitHub (~30 minutes)
  2. Work for this Week (~15 minutes)
    • How to review changes in GitHub

Summary

@@@

Minutes 05 February 2021

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • [done] name, 00 Month 2021

15 January 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. Media Resource (~30+ minutes)
  2. COGA Content Usable document, survey results, UT question (~30+ minutes)
    • Update on status of EOWG comments and coordination
    • Additional input needed on usability testing content
    • Sentences for referencing EOWG resources
  3. Videos for WCAG requirements (~30+ minutes)
  4. Work for this Week & Weekly Survey (5 minutes)

Summary

@@@

Minutes 15 Month 2021

People who missed the meeting and have read or skimmed minutes:

  • [done] name, 00 Month 2021

08 January 2021 Teleconference

Agenda

  1. Media Resource Revisions (~60 minutes)
  2. COGA Content Usable Survey (~30 minutes)
    • Discuss initial survey results
    • Any questions or clarifications to help understand the issues in order to provide more useful survey comments?
  3. Work for this Week (5 minutes)
    • COGA Survey due Monday 11 January
  4. (optional) Curricula

Summary

@@@

Minutes 08 Month 2021