Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Minutes and meeting summaries: EOWG Meetings 2021, EOWG Meetings 2020, EOWG Meetings 2019, EOWG Meetings 2018, EOWG Meetings 2017, EOWG Meetings 2016, EOWG Meetings 2015, EOWG Meetings 2014, Minutes from 2001-2014
Upcoming face-to-face & other meetings: EOWG F2F meetings
Work for this Week
Updated 11 June
- Outreach/promote WAI translations - and add your activity to that wiki page
- WCAG-EM Report Tool update survey (maybe next week)
- See new videos on suggesting changes and commenting via GitHub
Provide input on open issues:
- For Making Audio and Video Media Accessible:
- For How to Make Your Presentations Accessible to All:
- Those 2 resources are related, especially these days. Is the right information in the right resource? Are there sufficient pointers from one to the other?
For Curricula Task Force
Updated 11 June 2021
- Continued work on Designer Modules Draft
- Overall Curricula Task Force list archives - for finding latest work and updates
Availability Surveys and Missed Meetings
- Weekly Availability Survey - update the Availability for Upcoming EOWG Teleconferences survey on a regular basis to reflect your availability to attend weekly teleconference meetings
- If you missed a meeting - on the EOWG Meetings 2021 page, read the summary &/or the minutes, and add your name under "(people who missed the meeting) Read summary & skimmed minutes:"
Links to current work and archives
EOWG teleconferences are open to participants of EOWG; Participating in EOWG has information about joining EOWG.
- Friday 11 June 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 18 June 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 25 June 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 02 July 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 09 July 2021 at 8:30am ET
- ... most Fridays at 8:30am ET
EOWG meets by teleconference alternating:
- Fridays 8:30am US Eastern Time (Friday afternoon-night in some parts of the world), for up to 2 hours
(previous Thursdays at 6:00pmET / Friday morning Asia Pacific is no longer being held)
To find what time this is in your region, you can check the world clock meeting planner.
Meeting connection link and numbers: Teleconference connection info (requires W3C login permission)
- Channel: #eo
- Server: irc.w3.org
- Port: 6665
See EOWG Participation Info, IRC for info on setting up IRC, on the Zakim IRC bot, and more.
When you join the call, put in IRC: "Present+ [YourName]"
11 June, 2021
- Curricula - Understanding and Involving Users module draft
- Module fit -- How does this module fit in the curricula? does it fit in the designer modules?
- Explaining different types of feedback -- Feedback from testing with users vs from involving users in the analysis, design, and development phases
Is that difference clear throughout the module? How could we make that difference more explicit?
- Including real people versus desk research (research without real people)
Does current wording acknowledge that some organizations are not able to involve real people and will do mainly desk research?
- Scribe rotation for Friday Meetings
- Work for this Week