Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Upcoming face-to-face & other meetings: EOWG F2F meetings
Work for this week
Updated 12 December
- No Open Surveys (other than attendance)
- Accessibility Roles and Responsibilities Matrix (ARRM) — Our next meeting on 14 December will include in depth discussion of specific EOWG questions and comments. This is a the time to contribute on a conceptual level about the basic assumptions and the approach. To prepare, please:
- Review 07 Dec meeting minutes to be clear on AARM background, goals, and current and priorities.
- Understand context and review steps in Role-Based Decision Tree, which the team considers the foundational approach to AARM.
- Follow examples that have been developed to illustrate the Decision Tree at work. Examples are found on the Decision Tree Examples page of the wiki.
- Prepare questions and comments for a thorough discussion at the next EO meeting, 14 December 2018.
- Translations UI — If you're interested, review the final proposal at 4 Dec proposal. Here's a list of changes since the 7 Dec EOWG telecon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask Shawn by e-mail (CC public-eo-archive) or IRC.
Please submit any comments by Monday 17 December. Before commenting, please:
- Read the analysis of options, pros, cons, considerations in the relevant section of the WAI Translations Analysis
- Check if there is already a GitHub issue for your point (opened or closed)
- if so, add your comment to the existing issue (and if it is closed, re-open it)
- if not, create a new GitHub issue
- Outreach - add thoughts on overall outreach.
- Resource updates
- FYI: Public comment prompted minor updates to the Business Case. We fixed typos in the business case document and added two bibliography references. The changelog (beta) on GitHub has detail for your review.
FOR UNDOC TEAM and others who want to help
- Understanding Document project resources: project page - revision process - tracking/stoplight document
- Current work:
- Sign-off on final revision draft of 1.4.10 - Reflow
- Sign-off on final revision draft of 1.4.11 - Non-text Contrast
- Conduct Thorough Review on Revised Draft Google Doc of 1.4.12 Text Spacing - Complete ASAP
- Begin Initial Feedback of 1.4.13 Content on hover or focus - Complete ASAP
- Outreach - add what you've done for outreach this week, and thoughts on overall outreach.
- Availability Survey - update the Availability for Upcoming EOWG Teleconferences survey on a regular basis to reflect your availability to attend weekly teleconference meetings
- If you missed a meeting, add your name to the wiki page showing that you have read the minutes.
Links to current work and archives
December 2018: Fridays @ 8:30am ET depending on agenda.
Starting January 2019: Alternating Fridays @ 8:30am ET and Thursdays at 8:00 or 9:00 CET to-be-determined.
- Friday, 7 December 2018 8:30 am ET
- Friday, 14 December 2018 8:30 am ET
- tentative: Friday, 21 December 2018 8:30 am ET
- No meeting on Friday, 28 December
- tentative: Friday, 04 January 2019 8:30 am ET
- Friday, 11 January 2019 8:30 am ET
EOWG meets by teleconference alternating:
- Fridays 8:30am US Eastern Time (Friday afternoon-night in some parts of the world), for up to 2 hours
- Starting in January 2019, Thursdays at 8:00am or 9:00am CET to-be-determined.
(previous Thursdays at 6:00pmET / Friday morning Asia Pacific is no longer being held)
To find what time this is in your region, you can check the world clock meeting planner.
Upcoming Teleconference Schedule is above.
Teleconference connection info (requires W3C login permission) — You can join via browser and then you can have it call you toll free, or you can dial directly.
- Channel: #eo
- Server: irc.w3.org
- Port: 6665
See EOWG Participation Info for additional information.
When you join the call, put in IRC: "Present+ [YourName]"
Friday, 14 December - 8:30 AM Eastern Time
- Accessibility Roles and Responsibilities Mapping (ARRM) (60 minutes)
- WAI Translations UI final (+-30 minutes)
- Work for this Week & Weekly Survey (5 minutes)
- Business Case – minor updates
- Accessibility Statements - minor updates