Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Minutes and meeting summaries: EOWG Meetings 2021, EOWG Meetings 2020, EOWG Meetings 2019, EOWG Meetings 2018, EOWG Meetings 2017, EOWG Meetings 2016, EOWG Meetings 2015, EOWG Meetings 2014, Minutes from 2001-2014
Upcoming face-to-face & other meetings: EOWG F2F meetings
- 1 Work for this Week
- 2 Upcoming Teleconferences
- 3 Teleconference Logistics
- 4 Meeting Scribes
- 5 Agenda
Work for this Week
Updated 8 September
- See Everyone can do now for ideas
- Promote WAI translations and add your activity to that wiki page
- If you see WAI resources mentioned in tweets, linkedin articles, blogs, presentations, etc. add them under Mentions of resources
Do you have any concerns with or comments on these changes? (background: EOWG Process for Minor Changes)
Changes to WCAG-EM Report Tool:
- Notification of updated version now says:
Welcome to the updated WCAG-EM Report Tool. You can open your existing reports with this tool. The previous version is available, and is no longer supported. [Dismiss]Once users dismiss the message, they will not see it again.
- Added “Edit” header to edit column in the View Report page
- When you save as HTML or JSON, it now uses the name of the website in the file name
- When you add observations in the Audit Sample page, the textarea now grows with every line you add
- No change: This issue was closed without change: Rename the tool to “WCAG Report Tool” (removing “-EM”) #63
- ACT Rules survey (+ template for Understanding, Techniques, supplemental guidance, ARIA APG) coming in September
Provide input on open issues:
- For Making Audio and Video Media Accessible:
- For How to Make Your Presentations Accessible to All:
- Those 2 resources are related, especially these days. Is the right information in the right resource? Are there sufficient pointers from one to the other?
- Video Resources Requirements Analysis revised - adds How People with Disabilities Use the Web videos to replace WCAG SC and BAD videos (EOWG will review this later; feel free to send comments now to firstname.lastname@example.org)
For Curricula Task Force
Updated 5 August 2021
- Take a look at Open Issues and provide your comments if you have them.
- Overall Curricula Task Force list archives - for finding latest work and updates
Availability Surveys and Missed Meetings
- Weekly Availability Survey - update the Availability for Upcoming EOWG Teleconferences survey on a regular basis to reflect your availability to attend weekly teleconference meetings
- If you missed a meeting - on the EOWG Meetings 2021 page, read the summary &/or the minutes, and add your name under "(people who missed the meeting) Read summary & skimmed minutes:"
Links to current work and archives
EOWG teleconferences are open to participants of EOWG; Participating in EOWG has information about joining EOWG.
- No Meeting on Friday 17 September 2021 - (W3C Staff Meetings Week)
- Friday 24 September 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 01 October 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 08 October 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 15 October 2021 at 8:30am ET
- Friday 22 October 2021 at 8:30am ET
- ... most Fridays at 8:30am ET
EOWG meets by teleconference alternating:
- Fridays 8:30am US Eastern Time (Friday afternoon-night in some parts of the world), for up to 2 hours
(previous Thursdays at 6:00pmET / Friday morning Asia Pacific is no longer being held)
To find what time this is in your region, you can check the world clock meeting planner.
Meeting connection link and numbers: Teleconference connection info (requires W3C login permission)
- Channel: #eo
- Server: irc.w3.org
- Port: 6665
See EOWG Participation Info, IRC for info on setting up IRC, on the Zakim IRC bot, and more.
When you join the call, put in IRC: "Present+ [YourName]"
Name at the top will scribe for teleconference meeting where there is no designated scribe. If top name is not able to scribe, second will scribe and name #1 remains at the top for next time
- Jason McKee
- Laura Keen
- Jade Matos Carew
- Kris Anne Kinney
- Vicki Menezes Miller
- Kevin White
- Jennifer Chadwick
- Billie Johnston
- Donna Bungard
- Michele Williams
- Brent Bakken — 11 Jun 2021
- Mark Palmer — 9 Jul 2021
- Sharron Rush — 23 Jul 2021, 25 Jun 2021, 4 Jun 2021
- Howard Kramer — 30 Jul 2021
- Estella Oncins — 27 Aug 2021
- Daniel Montalvo — 10 Sep 2021
Friday 10 September
- Updates on current work:
- TPAC Breakouts W3C has invited the community to submit breakout session ideas during TPAC Breakout week (October 18-22). Discussion of EO interest/availability to participate.
- Work for this Week