The trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of the World Wide Web Consortium. All use of the W3C trademarks is governed by the W3C trademark and service mark license. No additional rights are granted by implication, estoppel, or otherwise. Generic industry terms used by W3C are not governed by any W3C license and are used as common descriptors by W3C.
The following is a partial list of W3C terms claimed as a trademark or generic term by W3C.
- W3C®, World Wide Web Consortium (registered in numerous countries)
- W3DevCampus®, Educational materials and services
- Amaya™, a Web Browser/Editor
- ACSS (generic), Aural Cascading Style Sheets
- CSS (generic), Cascading Style Sheets Specification
- DOM (generic), Document Object Model
- DSig (generic), Digital Signature Initiative
- HTML (generic), HyperText Markup Language
- HTTP (generic), Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- JEPI (generic), Joint Electronic Payment Initiative
- Jigsaw™, Java Web Server
- MathML (generic), Mathematical Markup Language
- Metadata (generic)
- P3P®, Platform for Privacy Preferences Project
- PICS (generic), Platform for Internet Content Selection
- PICSRules (generic), Rules Language for PICS
- RDF (generic), Resource Description Framework
- SMIL (generic), Synchronized Multimedia Integration Language
- SVG (generic), Scalable Vector Graphics
- WAI™, Web Accessibility Initiative
- WebFonts (generic)
- XENC (generic), XML Encryption
- XHTML (generic), The Extensible HyperText Markup Language
- XML (generic), Extensible Markup Language
- XMLDSIG (generic), XML Signatures
- XSL (generic), Extensible Stylesheet Language
The absence of a product or service name or logo from this list does not constitute a waiver of W3C's trademark, ability to use a generic term, or other intellectual rights concerning that name or logo.
Any questions concerning the use, status, or standing of W3C trademarks should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-W3C trademarks; Member trademarks
The trademarks, logos, and service marks not owned on behalf of W3C and that are displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered marks of their respective owners. No rights are granted by W3C to use such marks, whether by implication, estoppel, or otherwise.
- "METADATA" is a trademark of the Metadata Company. W3C uses the term "metadata" in a descriptive sense, meaning "data about data". W3C is not in any way affiliated with the Metadata Company.