Resources for Content Writers
This page provides a starting point for information that is particularly relevant to content writers.
Get a Foundation
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- Includes links to videos and to lots more information that you might want to read now or later.
We encourage you to read this page even if you know a lot about accessibility.
- Tips for Getting Started Writing for Web Accessibility
- Brief descriptions of some things to address for content writing.
- Use Clear and Understandable Content
- Guidance on writing that meets the accessibility needs of people with cognitive and learning disabilities.
Get Comprehensive Guidance
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
- Helps you understand the standards and supporting materials for content.
- How to Meet WCAG 2 (Quick Reference) – filtered for “Content Creation” Tags
- A list of WCAG success criteria related to content writing.
- Making Audio and Video Media Accessible
- Guidance on writing captions, description of visual information, and more.
We encourage you to look around the W3C WAI website to find other information that you might be interested in reading or sharing with others.Back to Top