Resources for Designers
This page provides a starting point for information that is particularly relevant to visual designers and user interface designers.
Get a Foundation
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- Includes links to videos and to lots more information that you might want to read now or later.
We encourage you to read this page even if you know a lot about accessibility.
- Tips for Getting Started Designing for Web Accessibility
- Brief descriptions of some things to address for user interface design and visual design.
Get Comprehensive Guidance
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Overview
- Helps you understand the standards and supporting materials for content.
For a list of the WCAG success criteria that apply to certain areas, see:
- interaction design: How to Meet WCAG 2 (Quick Reference) – filtered for “Interaction Design” Tags
- visual design: How to Meet WCAG 2 (Quick Reference) – filtered for “Visual Design” Tags
- content creation: How to Meet WCAG 2 (Quick Reference) – filtered for “Content Creation” Tags
We encourage you to look around the W3C WAI website to find other information that you might be interested in reading or sharing with others.Back to Top