Resources for Policy Makers
This page provides a starting point for information that is particularly relevant to policy makers.
- Introduction to Web Accessibility
- Includes links to videos and to lots more information that you might want to read now or later.
We encourage you to at least skim this page even if you know a lot about accessibility.
- Why Standards Harmonization is Essential to Web Accessibility
- Explains the importance of using international standards (rather than creating different standards).
- Essential Components of Web Accessibility
- Explains how web accessibility depends on several components of web development and interaction working together. It also shows how the W3C WAI accessibility standards (WCAG, ATAG, UAAG, WAI-ARIA) apply.
- Web Accessibility Laws and Policies
- List of governmental policies relating to web accessibility in countries and regions around the world.
- Developing Organizational Policies on Web Accessibility
- Guidance on developing a policy for an organization.
We encourage you to look around the W3C WAI website to find other information that you might be interested in reading or sharing with others.Back to Top