The interest group, formed in October 2014 thanks to the work initiated by the HTML5Apps project, developed these use cases to help establish a standards’ roadmap to make Web payments easier, more secure, and more interoperable across merchants, banks, platforms, and devices.
The Interest Group is now seeking wide review of this draft, by W3C groups and Members, industry standards bodies, and other stakeholders.
The Web Payments Interest Group, which goals are documented in this wiki page,is constituted by 35 organizations, including:
- Banks: Rabobank, Groupe BPCE, US Federal Reserve Bank
- Card association: Visa Europe
- Payment solution providers: Worldpay, Google, Alibaba, Paygate, Yandex, Ripple Labs, Standard Treasury, SHIFTMobility, Shimply, Digital Bazaar, Verisign
- Hardware providers: Gemalto, IBM, Intel
- Browser makers: Opera, Google, Tencent
- Mobile operators: Orange, Deutsche Telekom, GSMA, AT&T, SK Telekom
- Merchants and associations: NACS, Bloomberg, Merchant Advisory Group (including Walmart), Target, FSTC
If your organization belongs to one these above categories, and is interested by the work, please join the groupnow!