The W3C SPARQL Working Group
has published a First Public Working Draft of SPARQL 1.1 Property Paths, which
defines a more succinct way to write parts of basic graph
patterns and also extend matching of triple pattern to arbitrary
length paths. The group also published six updates, namely:
- SPARQL 1.1 Query adds support for aggregates, subqueries, projected expressions, and negation to the SPARQL query language.
- SPARQL 1.1 Update defines an update language for RDF graphs.
- SPARQL 1.1 Protocol for RDF defines an abstract interface and HTTP bindings for a protocol to
issue SPARQL Query and SPARQL Update statements against a SPARQL
- SPARQL 1.1 Service Description defines a vocabulary and discovery mechanism for describing the
capabilities of a SPARQL endpoint.
- SPARQL 1.1 Uniform HTTP Protocol for Managing RDF Graphs describes the use of the HTTP protocol for managing named RDF
graphs on an HTTP server.
- SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes defines conditions under which SPARQL queries can be used with
entailment regimes such as RDF, RDF Schema, OWL, or RIF.