Education & Outreach Working Group (EOWG)
Announcements and Meetings for EOWG Participants
- EOWG Wiki
- EOWG surveys/questionnaires ("WBS"):
EOWG teleconferences are open to participants of EOWG; Participating in EOWG has information about joining EOWG.
- Upcoming agendas in the wiki. (past agendas linked in the Meeting pages below)
- Teleconference logistics inclues WebEx and IRC connections
- EOWG Participation Info wiki page has additional information on teleconferences, IRC, and more.
- Upcoming face-to-face meetings are linked from the EOWG F2F wiki page
Meeting Minutes with Agendas
- Agendas, summaries, and links to minutes: EOWG Meetings 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014
- Links to minutes from 2001-2013: EOWG Minutes Archive
- EOWG Current Projects lists current and upcoming work
EOWG primarily works through GitHub and weekly surveys (W3C "WBS"), in addition to teleconferences. We use a wiki for some things like developing requirements and organizing project documentation. (We don't use e-mail much.)
EOWG deliverables and announcements since 2005 are listed in the Highlights Archive and include:
- Web Accessibility Perspectives: Explore the Impact and Benefits for Everyone videos (May 2016 Perspectives announcement, Sept 2016 Perspectives updated announcement)
- Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility update (Dec 2016 Easy Checks announcement)
- Planning and Managing Web Accessibility resources update (Dec 2016 Planning and Managing announcement)
- Tips for Getting Started with Web Accessibility (Oct 2015 Tips announcement)
- How to Meet WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference - Redesign Prototype (Nov 2015 WCAG reference announcement)
- Web Accessibility Tutorials on Forms, Images, Tables (March 2015 Tutorials announcement)
- WCAG-EM Report Tool: Web Accessibility Evaluation Report Generator (March 2015 Report announcement)
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools database (Dec 2014 Tools announcement)
Additional infomation on deliverables:
- EOWG Deliverables describes the types of deliverables EOWG produces, and lists deliverables in the 2015 Charter.
- Previous EOWG deliverables are listed in the Completed Deliverables section of the old EOWG Deliverables Plan.
The mission of the Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) is to develop strategies and resources to promote awareness, understanding, and implementation of web accessibility; and to support the work of other Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Working Groups. EOWG is chartered to work collaboratively with other WAI Working Groups to support public awareness, understanding, and successful implementation of WAI guidelines, specifications, Notes, and other resources.
EOWG primarily conducts work through:
- Weekly surveys on active topics (all EOWG surveys)
- Github (for example, tutorials, quickref, tips)
- Teleconference discussions (2017 Minutes)
(EOWG does not use e-mail or W3C Tracker much.)
Chair and Contacts
- EOWG Co-Chairs: Sharron Rush, Brent Bakken
- W3C Team Contact: Shawn Henry < shawn @ w3.org >
- WAI Site (Redesign) Task Force - WSTF main page (wiki)
- [inactive] Before/After Demo Task Force (BADTF) Work Statement and BAD Requirements
- [inactive] User Materials Task Force Work Statement
- [inactive] WCAG 2.0 Materials Support Task Force Work Statement
- [inactive] Lexicon Task Force Work Statement (LTF) Work Statement and Lexicon/Glossary Requirements
- [drafted] Evaluation Resource Suite Task Force (ERS TF) Work Statement and ERSTF Requirements
- [closed] Web Accessibility and Ageing Task Force (WAI-AGE TF) Work Statement
- [closed] WAI Site Task Force (WSTF) Work Statement and WAI Web Site Redesign Project page
- EOWG mailing list archives are publicly available for the EOWG main mailing list
- Instructions for subscribing to the EOWG mailing list
- EO-Editors mailing list archives are publicly available for edits of specific documents
- Some of the task forces have mailing lists, which are available from the links in the "EOWG Task Forces" section above.