Education & Outreach Working Group (EOWG)
(General announcements are linked under "Recent deliverables and announcements" below.)
- EOWG Wiki
- EOWG surveys/questionnaires ("WBS"):
EOWG teleconferences are open to participants of EOWG; Participating in EOWG has information about joining EOWG.
EOWG Participation Info wiki page has additional information on teleconferences, IRC, and more.
EOWG meets by teleconference most Fridays from 8:30am - 10:30am US Eastern Time. To find what time this is in your region, you can check the world clock meeting planner.
- Teleconference options:
- Join WebEx Meeting - and you can have it call you
- Call +1-617-324-0000 US Toll Number; Meeting number / Access code: 640 019 702
- Channel: #eo
- Server: irc.w3.org
- Port: 6665
- Upcoming face-to-face meetings are linked from the EOWG F2F wiki page
Meeting Minutes with Agendas
- EOWG Meetings 2017 has agendas, summaries, and links to minutes from 2017
- EOWG Meetings 2016 has agendas, summaries, and links to minutes from 2016
- EOWG Meetings 2015 has agendas, summaries, and links to minutes from 2015
- EOWG Meetings 2014 has agendas, summaries, and links to minutes from 2014
- EOWG Minutes Archive links to minutes from 2001-2013
- Scribing instructions
- EOWG Current Projects (wiki) lists current and upcoming work in wiki
- EOWG Deliverables - introduces EOWG deliverables overall and for the current EOWG Charter
EOWG primarily works through GitHub and weekly surveys (W3C "WBS"), in addition to teleconferences. We use a wiki for some things like developing requirements and organizing project documentation. (We don't use e-mail much.)
Deliverables and announcements are listed in the Highlights Archive and include:
- Web Accessibility Perspectives: Explore the Impact and Benefits for Everyone videos (Perspectives e-mail announcement, Perspectives updated e-mail announcement)
- Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility update (Easy Checks e-mail announcement)
- Planning and Managing Web Accessibility resources update (Planning and Managing e-mail announcement)
- Tips for Getting Started with Web Accessibility (Tips e-mail announcement)
- How to Meet WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference - Redesign Prototype (WCAG reference e-mail announcement)
- Web Accessibility Tutorials on Forms, Images, Tables (Tutorials e-mail announcement)
- WCAG-EM Report Tool: Web Accessibility Evaluation Report Generator (Report e-mail announcement)
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools database (Tools e-mail announcement)
Description of deliverables describes the types of deliverables EOWG produces, and provides brief descriptions of upcoming deliverables.
The Completed Deliverables section of the EOWG Deliverables Plan lists work completed by EOWG.
The mission of the Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) is to develop strategies and resources to promote awareness, understanding, and implementation of web accessibility; and to support the work of other Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) Working Groups. EOWG is chartered to work collaboratively with other WAI Working Groups to support public awareness, understanding, and successful implementation of WAI guidelines, specifications, Notes, and other resources.
EOWG primarily conducts work through:
- Weekly surveys on active topics (all EOWG surveys)
- Github (for example, tutorials, quickref, tips)
- Teleconference discussions (2017 Minutes)
(EOWG does not use e-mail or W3C Tracker much.)
Chair and Contacts
- EOWG Co-Chairs: Sharron Rush, Brent Bakken
- W3C Team Contact: Shawn Henry < shawn @ w3.org >
- WAI Site (Redesign) Task Force - WSTF main page (wiki)
- [inactive] Before/After Demo Task Force (BADTF) Work Statement and BAD Requirements
- [inactive] User Materials Task Force Work Statement
- [inactive] WCAG 2.0 Materials Support Task Force Work Statement
- [inactive] Lexicon Task Force Work Statement (LTF) Work Statement and Lexicon/Glossary Requirements
- [drafted] Evaluation Resource Suite Task Force (ERS TF) Work Statement and ERSTF Requirements
- [closed] Web Accessibility and Ageing Task Force (WAI-AGE TF) Work Statement
- [closed] WAI Site Task Force (WSTF) Work Statement and WAI Web Site Redesign Project page
- EOWG mailing list archives are publicly available for the EOWG main mailing list
- Instructions for subscribing to the EOWG mailing list
- EO-Editors mailing list archives are publicly available for edits of specific documents
- Some of the task forces have mailing lists, which are available from the links in the "EOWG Task Forces" section above.