Upcoming: W3C Virtual Workshop on Secure the Web Forward
The Secure the Web Forward W3C Workshop brings together experts in standards and best practices needed to secure Web Applications, practitioners of Security Supply Chain in Open Source contexts, developer advocates with a focus on security and developers, designers and technologists with experience in adopting and deploying Web security standards and practices. We aim to develop a comprehensive picture and roadmap to address the challenges Web developers face in ensuring their applications are secure.
The scope includes:
- How to bring the “secure software supply chain” approach to the web development community.
- Guidance for different types of web developers who work at different levels of the stack.
- How to make emerging web application security standards and technologies easier to use and adopt by web developers.
- How can open source security focused efforts better support the web developer community?
- How can Open Source security review processes serve as inspiration for review of new web specifications?
- How do we make security part of the goals and priorities for business owners, product owners, product managers, etc…?
Attendance is free for all invited participants and is open to the public, whether or not W3C members.
For more information on the workshop, please see the workshop details and submission instructions. Position papers are due by 28 July 2023.