HTML5 is still in Last Call.
- WebKit Team has been experimenting with a Shadow DOM API.
- web standards based model for Augmented Reality
- The HTTPbis WG is meeting in Quebec city for the IETF 81 meetings.
- HTML WG Chairs have appointed Aryeh Gregor (Google), Anne van Kesteren (Opera), Simon Pieters (Opera) and Henri Sivonen (Mozilla) as Editorial Assistants for HTML5, HTML Microdata and HTML Canvas 2D Context to help Ian Hickson (Google) tasks.
- HTTPbis WG is wondering if they should change the version number of HTTP and in which ways.
- Server-Sent specificiation has implications on HTTP redirects and might require the design of new HTTP headers.
- What should be the strength of requirements on Accept header.
- Should the HTTP headers have a minimal acceptable floor in size? Some people have tendency to use them abusively such as very verbose cookies but some implementations on the server side seems to limit also the size.
- There is a debate around adding retained-mode features to the Canvas API. Some people think it is a bad idea and it would be better to just use SVG. Using SVG seems a difficult option for accessibility reasons. Then some proposed that it would be better to fix SVG.
- Styling date/time related input types is a big issue. Every Web designers seem not very satisfied with the native implementations of input and want the ability to style these form widgets to the style of their own Web site.
- The Technical Architecture Group of W3C has raised issues about the interaction between HTML microdata and HTML+RDFa.
- drawing with singular transforms and zero-sized gradients
- multiple itemtypes in microdata