W3C announced today the speakers and live sessions of the virtual W3C Workshop on Wide Color Gamut (WCG) and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the Web.
- HDR Introduction – Monday 13 September
- WCG: CSS Color 4 – Tuesday 14 September
- HDR: Compositing and tone mapping – Friday 17 September
- WCG & HDR: Color creation and manipulation – Monday 20 September
- WCG & HDR: Canvas, WebGL, WebGPU – Friday 24 September
The presentations are online, so they can be watched in your own time. Each talk has full closed-captions, and a transcript is also available. Live Q&A events for each session will be live-captioned, and you will be able to discuss with the speakers and other participants.
The event is free. Please register by 24 September.
The primary goal of the workshop is to bring together browser vendors, content creators, color scientists, and experts in other relevant areas (e.g. accessibility, scripting, security, web) to converge on technologies for enabling WCG and HDR on the Open Web Platform.