W3C announced today the W3C Workshop on Smart Cities, which is being organized as a virtual event on 25 June 2021.
The goals of the workshop are:
- Identify stakeholders of Smart Cities standardization to drive the development of Web standards aligned with the real needs of Smart Cities
- Clarify reasonable applications for Smart Cities technologies we agree to build
- and then see how to improve the draft Charter for the potential Smart Cities Interest Group for further discussions within that IG
Possible topics for the workshop may include:
- Summary of the current status of Smart Cities
- Needs for Web-based Smart Cities of the stakeholders including the users, the developers and the governments
- Cross-cutting issues for integration of multiple sub-systems
The event will be organized as a combination of pre-recorded talks followed by a series of live sessions on 25 June. The event is free and open to anyone with relevant perspectives on the topic to register for the event. For more information on the workshop, please see the workshop details.