W3C announced today Web5G: Aligning evolutions of network and Web technologies Workshop, May 10-11 2018, in London, UK. The event is hosted by GSMA.
The primary goal of the workshop is to bring together telecommunications operators, network equipment providers, content delivery networks, browser vendors, and application developers to evaluate and prepare for the impact of 5G and other network-layer technologies on Web standards.
Expected topics of discussion include:
- Performance bottlenecks of Web apps on ultra-fast networks
- Dimensioning 5G Networks for supporting existing and future Web technologies (VR/AR, automotive, WebRTC, IoT)
- Architectural evolutions of the Web to enable greater network/application integration
- Connecting network management and network metrics from Web applications
- Case studies of existing network/application integration and their extension to the Web
- Features provided by new networking technologies and their applicability to Web applications
- Bringing edge-computing capabilities to Web applications
- Impact of integrating QUIC in the Web Platform
For more information on the workshop, please see the workshop details and submission instructions.
Registration is available online due by 30 March 2018.