The World Wide Web Consortium's
(W3C®) Hosts (MIT, ERCIM, Keio, Beihang) grant you the right to use W3C Trademarks
and Service Marks (collectively the "trademarks"), provided that you
agree to the following terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
- The owner of W3C marks must be clearly
identified as the "W3C (MIT, ERCIM, Keio, Beihang, Beihang) ". For example,
"W3C® is a trademark (registered in numerous countries) of the
World Wide Web Consortium; marks of W3C are registered and held by its host
institutions MIT, ERCIM, Keio, and Beihang."
- W3C trademarks must be used only to
- describe or reference W3C specifications, documents, software, or
other products listed at the W3C web site (collectively, "W3C
- describe non-W3C products that implement the required features and
operations of W3C Products. Required
features and operations are defined within specifications, often in
accordance with [RFC2119].
Representations that products or services comply with W3C
specifications must clearly indicate that the representations are
made by you, the licensee, and not by the W3C.
- W3C Trademarks must only be used in a way that accurately reflects the
STATUS associated with the W3C products. The STATUS of a W3C document
describes the context in which the product was developed including the
publication date, intellectual property disclosures (e.g., copyright or
patent terms), location (URI), its publication level (Note, Working
Draft, Candidate Recommendation, Proposed Recommendation,
Recommendation), and future expectations regarding the W3C Product.
- Marks may not be used to indicate any kind of endorsement by the W3C,
official status with respect to the W3C, or any kind of relationship with
the W3C aside from a representation that the above requirements (1-3)
have been met.
- W3C will audit the use of the W3C trademarks to determine compliance
with these terms and conditions.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE W3C, MIT, ERCIM, KEIO, BEIHANG OR ANY TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS,
OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO USE OF W3C TRADEMARKS, INCLUDING
ECONOMIC DAMAGES AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER W3C (MIT, ERCIM,
KEIO, BEIHANG) SHALL BE ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL
KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
No right to create modifications or derivatives of W3C Trademarks is
granted pursuant to this license.
Note: Certain W3C trademarks or icons may have additional
information about their use not found within this license. Please refer to
"W3C Logo and Icon Usage." Questions
about this license should be sent to email@example.com.
- S. Bradner. RFC2119: Key words for use in RFCs to Indicate
Requirement Levels.IETF Network Working Group. BCP: 14 March
1997. Category: Best Current Practice