W3C today announced the program and opened registration for W3C20 Anniversary Symposium: The Future of the Web, which takes place 29 October in Santa Clara, California.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Tim Berners-Lee, Inventor of the Web and W3C Director
- Vinton Cerf, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google
- Fadi Chehadé, Chief Executive Officer of ICANN
- David-Michel Davies, Executive Director, The Webby Awards & the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences
- Di-Ann Eisnor, Head of Platforms and Partnerships, Community Geographer at Waze
- Sue Gardner, Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Alberto Ibargüen, President and CEO, Knight Foundation
- Jun Murai, Dean and Professor at Keio University
- Sandy Pentland, Professor of Media Arts and Sciences at MIT
- Lee Rainie, Director of the Pew Research Center’s Internet & American Life Project
- Anders Wahlquist, CEO and Founding Partner of B-Reel
Please join Tim Berners-Lee and other global strategists, business leaders and developers for an exciting afternoon of insights and discussion about how to keep the Web strong, followed by a gala dinner. W3C will also live stream the Symposium.
W3C20 is made possible by the generosity of sponsors Intel (Platinum), ICANN (Silver), and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation (Silver).