Closed Actions

Apply the following changes to selected action items:

There are 306 closed actions.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-1 (edit) closed Look at summary of DNT definition/compliance proposals Rigo Wenning 2012-02-15
ACTION-2 (edit) closed Close this action, created as an example so people can see what actions look like and where they are DUE 2011-09-25 Thomas Roessler 2011-09-28
ACTION-3 (edit) closed Put meeting calendar on WG home page Nick Doty 2011-09-28
ACTION-4 (edit) closed Set up iCal subscribable version of our events calendar Nick Doty 2011-09-30
ACTION-5 (edit) closed draft proposed text to resolve ISSUE-23 and ISSUE-34 (organizations should commit to blah, must do the following things) Shane Wiley 2011-10-03 Compliance Next
ACTION-6 (edit) closed draft proposed text to resolve ISSUE-23 and ISSUE-34 (organizations should commit to blah, must do the following things) Jonathan Mayer 2011-10-03
ACTION-7 (edit) closed Clarify distinctions on "opt back in" between ISSUE-27 and ISSUE-63 Jonathan Mayer 2011-10-05
ACTION-8 (edit) closed Proposal for what DNT means to 3rd parties Thomas Lowenthal 2011-10-10 Compliance Next
ACTION-9 (edit) closed Proposal for what DNT means to 1p Thomas Lowenthal 2011-10-05 Compliance Next
ACTION-10 (edit) closed Draft a proposal for the obligations (or not) on first parties Jonathan Mayer 2011-10-05
ACTION-11 (edit) closed write 2(+?) sentence proposal that no MUSTs for first parties Jonathan Mayer 2011-10-04
ACTION-12 (edit) closed Write a proposal on what DNT means to 3rd parties (for davidwainberg) Nick Doty 2011-10-04 Compliance Next
ACTION-13 (edit) closed Propose a strawman proposal spec for a mandatory DNT server response Thomas Lowenthal 2011-10-10 ISSUE-81
ACTION-14 (edit) closed Write straw man proposal on response from server being optional (related to Issue-81) JC Cannon 2011-10-10 ISSUE-81
ACTION-15 (edit) closed Write straw man proposal on response from server being required (related to Issue-81) by monday Thomas Lowenthal 2011-10-12
ACTION-16 (edit) closed Update mandatory response header proposal to acknowledge caching concerns Thomas Lowenthal 2011-10-28 caching
ACTION-17 (edit) closed Write a concrete proposal re 3rd party response. Shane Wiley 2011-10-28
ACTION-18 (edit) closed Write a summary of options for how 1st parties hear 3rd party status by tuesday Jonathan Mayer 2011-10-26
ACTION-19 (edit) closed Summarize progress on issue 59 Aleecia McDonald 2011-10-26 ISSUE-59
ACTION-20 (edit) closed write an option for how first parties set third party DNT status in an observable way Peter Eckersley 2011-10-26
ACTION-21 (edit) closed Writes up a third party interaction bit for the doc Jonathan Mayer 2011-10-26
ACTION-22 (edit) closed Write up proposal for issue-4 based on what we discussed in boston due tomorrow Aleecia McDonald 2011-11-02 ISSUE-4
ACTION-23 (edit) closed Write explanation of why ISSUE-4 is an out-of-scope user interface matter by friday. Thomas Lowenthal 2011-11-02
ACTION-24 (edit) closed Explain why ISSUE 4 is an out-of-scope user interface issue. Thomas Lowenthal 2011-10-27 ISSUE-4
ACTION-25 (edit) closed Sketch four approaches to 1p vs. 3p distinction due friday Jonathan Mayer 2011-11-02
ACTION-26 (edit) closed Do a review of the Tracking Protection WG deliverables according to http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec Karl Dubost 2012-02-29
ACTION-27 (edit) closed Write-up the consensus for what is a first party on ISSUE-10 Thomas Lowenthal 2011-11-07 ISSUE-10
ACTION-28 (edit) closed Write section on outsourcing exception by Monday Jonathan Mayer 2011-11-07 ISSUE-73
ACTION-29 (edit) closed Propose a header/URI hybrid Thomas Lowenthal 2011-11-08 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-30 (edit) closed Propose a header/uri hybrid for server responses (with west and ifette) Thomas Lowenthal 2011-11-08
ACTION-31 (edit) closed Write up a proposal for a user-agent-managed site-specific exception Shane Wiley 2011-12-14
ACTION-32 (edit) closed Write up a proposal for a site-managed (via cookie or other mechanism) site-specific exception (with hober) John Simpson 2011-11-08
ACTION-33 (edit) closed Ping peter re: action-20 Aleecia McDonald 2011-11-16
ACTION-34 (edit) closed Draft Near-Consensus First Party vs. Third Party Section with Tom Jonathan Mayer 2011-11-25 ISSUE-10
ACTION-35 (edit) closed Tom & Jonathan to merge their definitions on consent, defining 1st & 3rd parties Thomas Lowenthal 2011-11-14 ISSUE-10
ACTION-36 (edit) closed Email shane distinguishing proxies, proxy pratices, and institution-owned computers, related to issue 95, by friday Thomas Lowenthal 2011-11-25
ACTION-37 (edit) closed Sketch diagram (if possible) on interactions with opt back in mechanisms. Karl Dubost 2011-11-23
ACTION-38 (edit) closed Draft high-level text on third-party responsibilities Jonathan Mayer 2011-11-28 ISSUE-19
ACTION-39 (edit) closed Go through mailing list and associate messages with issue numbers Aleecia McDonald 2011-11-30
ACTION-40 (edit) closed Draft user defn language due next wee Ninja Marnau 2012-01-18 ISSUE-101
ACTION-41 (edit) closed Revise language in spec to address ISSUE-78 Roy Fielding 2011-12-28
ACTION-42 (edit) closed Proposes non-normative language to obtain DNT info in Javascript; would replace DOM-API Jonathan Mayer 2012-01-11
ACTION-43 (edit) closed Put proposed text for opt-back-in in editor's draft, with open issue spelled out Nick Doty 2012-01-06
ACTION-44 (edit) closed Also write additional examples around branding for first parties by next week Shane Wiley 2012-01-11 ISSUE-10
ACTION-45 (edit) closed Clean up issue-49, issue-22, create new issue on refer Aleecia McDonald 2012-01-18
ACTION-46 (edit) closed Edit document to make sure there's no confusion this is not a consensus document based on WG boilerplate Karl Dubost 2012-01-31 Tracking Selection Lists
ACTION-47 (edit) closed Write discussion on best practices for 3.6.1.2.1 Jonathan Mayer 2012-03-10 service provider
ACTION-48 (edit) closed Re-phrase 3.6.1.2.1 to re-draft (3) Rigo Wenning 2012-02-03 ISSUE-10
ACTION-49 (edit) closed Propose what the operational carve-outs for 3.6.1.2.1 (e.g. debugging by 3rd party) are Shane Wiley 2012-01-31 Compliance Next
ACTION-50 (edit) closed Produce text clarifying implementation of frequency capping and seq ad rotation, with use cases Shane Wiley 2012-01-31
ACTION-51 (edit) closed Propose specific text for frequency capping exception, including extended discussion. Shane Wiley 2012-01-31
ACTION-52 (edit) closed Propose specific text for ISSUE-35, ISSUE-52, ISSUE-53, ISSUE-57, ISSUE-58 Shane Wiley 2012-02-01 ISSUE-35
ACTION-53 (edit) closed cut and paste Yahoo! work on interaction with existing opt-out regime Shane Wiley 2012-01-31 ISSUE-52
ACTION-54 (edit) closed cut and paste Yahoo! work on interaction with existing opt-out regime Shane Wiley 2012-01-31 Compliance Next
ACTION-55 (edit) closed Produce draft for ISSUE-21 Kevin Trilli 2012-02-01
ACTION-56 (edit) closed Propose text on enabling auditing compliance Kevin Trilli 2012-02-01 ISSUE-21
ACTION-57 (edit) closed Draft text for issue-28 Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-01
ACTION-58 (edit) closed Draft text for issue-28 Amy Colando 2012-02-01 ISSUE-28
ACTION-59 (edit) closed Find duplicate for ISSUE-33, add note Nick Doty 2012-02-01
ACTION-60 (edit) closed Find out whether ISSUE-43 is a duplicate (and of what) Nick Doty 2012-02-01
ACTION-61 (edit) closed Write no-change proposal for ISSUE-45 Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-03 ISSUE-45
ACTION-62 (edit) closed Write "text in privacy policy" proposal for ISSUE-45 Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-01 ISSUE-45
ACTION-63 (edit) closed Write counter-proposal for issue-36 Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-03 ISSUE-36
ACTION-64 (edit) closed Propose new text for ISSUE-16 Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-01
ACTION-65 (edit) closed Propose clarification on ISSUE-39 Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-03 ISSUE-39
ACTION-66 (edit) closed Propose counterproposal for ISSUE-39 Jeffrey Chester 2012-02-08 ISSUE-39
ACTION-67 (edit) closed Propose text on ISSUE-39 Justin Brookman 2012-02-01 ISSUE-39
ACTION-70 (edit) closed Review andy's text on issue-65 Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-01 ISSUE-65
ACTION-71 (edit) closed Link previous text proposal from issue-65 Andy Zeigler 2012-02-01
ACTION-73 (edit) closed Write-up Do Not Collect Identifiable Information Ninja Marnau 2012-02-01 ISSUE-5
ACTION-74 (edit) closed Write-up Do Not Create A Profile Jeffrey Chester 2012-02-03 ISSUE-5
ACTION-75 (edit) closed Write-up a hybrid of Do Not Profile and Do Not Cross-Site Track Shane Wiley 2012-02-01 ISSUE-5
ACTION-76 (edit) closed Write up Do Not Cross-Site Track Kevin Smith 2012-02-01 ISSUE-5
ACTION-77 (edit) closed Write up Do Not Cross-Site Track David Singer 2012-02-01 ISSUE-5
ACTION-78 (edit) closed Write up Forget Me/ Do Not Cross Time Track Karl Dubost 2012-02-03 ISSUE-5
ACTION-79 (edit) closed Dubost to validate whether TPE lists can be use to store opt-back-in features or not Karl Dubost 2012-02-10 Tracking Selection Lists
ACTION-80 (edit) closed Singer and shane wiley to determine whether dave singer's paradigm on parties would be a solution for Issue 27 David Singer 2012-02-13 ISSUE-61
ACTION-81 (edit) closed Validate whether the TPLs can also express a cluster of whitelists for use with the Javascript API as defined by Nick Karl Dubost 2012-02-01
ACTION-82 (edit) closed Assess the proposed JavaScript opt-back-in API with Mozilla mothership's JS gurus [ISSUE-27]. Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-29 ISSUE-27
ACTION-83 (edit) closed Fielding to take the text from the email conversation & place it in the doc Roy Fielding 2012-02-10
ACTION-84 (edit) closed Wiley to describe the reason for setting DNT=null Shane Wiley 2012-02-01 ISSUE-121
ACTION-85 (edit) closed Mayer to draft text to send out around a potential technical solution Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-01
ACTION-86 (edit) closed Write a clarification of dnt:c to apply to never-tracked resources Nick Doty 2012-02-01 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-87 (edit) closed Color bikeshed in distinguishable colors Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-01 ISSUE-107
ACTION-88 (edit) closed Shane wiley roy fielding sean harvey to draft a simpler version of the spec Rigo Wenning 2012-02-01
ACTION-89 (edit) closed Fielding to make final decision on response header name Roy Fielding 2012-02-08 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-90 (edit) closed Modify response header text according to resolution of issue-105 (MUST, otherwise MAY) Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-01 ISSUE-105
ACTION-92 (edit) closed Write text for issue-113 Alan Chapell 2012-02-07 ISSUE-113
ACTION-93 (edit) closed write suggestions for best practices for issue-115, assisted by Ninja, Alan, Jim Jeffrey Chester 2012-02-29 ISSUE-115
ACTION-94 (edit) closed Write proposal to communicate information about consent to user as part of opt back in API Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-01
ACTION-95 (edit) closed Write proposal for asynchronous API (ISSUE-118) Nick Doty 2012-02-07 ISSUE-118
ACTION-96 (edit) closed For issue 108 for future protocols Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-01
ACTION-98 (edit) closed Bring input on ISSUE-111 to the group; otherwise it's closed Shane Wiley 2012-02-01
ACTION-101 (edit) closed Revise Issue-6 based on feedback on the mailing list John Simpson 2012-03-02 ISSUE-6
ACTION-102 (edit) closed Confirm that we have an open issue on whether the response header is mandatory Matthias Schunter 2012-02-02 ISSUE-120
ACTION-103 (edit) closed Write a proposal for issue-14, working with Rob van Eijk Frank Wagner 2012-02-02 ISSUE-14
ACTION-104 (edit) closed Draft text for issue-24 Amy Colando 2012-03-22 ISSUE-24
ACTION-107 (edit) closed with Peter & MeMe, Draft text on Will Do Not Track apply to offline aggregating or selling of data? -- issue 30 Amy Colando 2012-02-15 ISSUE-30
ACTION-108 (edit) closed Draft text for issue-98 Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-02 ISSUE-98
ACTION-109 (edit) closed Draft text for issue-54: Can first party provide targeting based on registration information even while sending DNT Adrian Bateman 2012-02-13 ISSUE-54
ACTION-112 (edit) closed Document practices for managing action items and share with list Matthias Schunter 2012-02-08
ACTION-113 (edit) closed Write a proposal on not sending DNT:null Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-08
ACTION-114 (edit) closed Send revised header proposal Thomas Lowenthal 2012-02-03 ISSUE-107
ACTION-115 (edit) closed Write up counter-proposal to header with well-known URI Roy Fielding 2012-02-10 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-117 (edit) closed Spec-Text: Response headers Roy Fielding 2012-02-13 ISSUE-107
ACTION-118 (edit) closed Edit the language within ISSUE-120 into the TPE spec Roy Fielding 2012-02-14 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-119 (edit) closed Cleanup of section 5 and other TPE edits Roy Fielding 2012-02-14 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-120 (edit) closed Write a proposal on web-wide exception API (for ISSUE-113) (with npdoty) Alexandros Deliyannis 2012-04-04 ISSUE-113
ACTION-121 (edit) closed Re-write language on issue-57 proposal to avoid "opt out" language Aleecia McDonald 2012-02-15
ACTION-123 (edit) closed Draft a response to 1st/3rd proposal (with Lauren) Jeffrey Chester 2012-04-04 Compliance Next
ACTION-124 (edit) closed Draft an alternate 1st/3rd proposal (with Shane and Ted) Amy Colando 2012-03-20 Compliance Next
ACTION-125 (edit) closed Add interoperation guidelines to TPE Response header section Roy Fielding 2012-02-27 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-126 (edit) closed Cleanup of TPE Section on site-specific exceptions David Singer 2012-02-27 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-127 (edit) closed Ensure that response headers are properly documented in current working draft David Singer 2012-02-28 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-128 (edit) closed Collect use cases for well-known-uri/response-header Matthias Schunter 2012-02-29 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-129 (edit) closed Remove old response header proposal from TPE so that there is just one header proposal Roy Fielding 2012-02-29 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-130 (edit) closed Collect use-cases for URI vs Response header Matthias Schunter 2012-02-29
ACTION-131 (edit) closed Sketch use case for user agent requests on tracking status resource Roy Fielding 2012-11-21 ISSUE-124
ACTION-132 (edit) closed Sketch use case implementation for Response Headers Thomas Lowenthal 2012-03-14
ACTION-134 (edit) closed Cleanup document to produce next public version of TPE Roy Fielding 2012-03-12 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-136 (edit) closed Propose simplified set of fields for URI and response headers Matthias Schunter 2012-03-28
ACTION-137 (edit) closed Draft alternate proposal on first-party targeting based on registration information Thomas Lowenthal 2012-03-10
ACTION-138 (edit) closed Investigate definitions of user action/input in HTML5 or similar specs David Singer 2012-03-07
ACTION-139 (edit) closed Improve wording of 3.9 "Meaningful Interaction" to avoid "affirmatively clicking" and make sure that "clicking" is replaced with something more general. Thomas Lowenthal 2012-05-14 Compliance Next
ACTION-140 (edit) closed Work on updates to TPE introduction (harmonize with Shane/John) David Singer 2012-03-07
ACTION-141 (edit) closed Draft text on clarity that this is for user agents (addressing his concern) Rigo Wenning 2012-03-07 Compliance Next
ACTION-142 (edit) closed Include updated Javascript API Roy Fielding 2012-03-12 ISSUE-84
ACTION-143 (edit) closed Add Andy Zeigler's text on finger printing risks (ISSUE-109) to section 6.9 and mark issue (in text) as PENDING Review Roy Fielding 2012-03-13 ISSUE-114
ACTION-144 (edit) closed Remove last sentence in 4.4 + add a note instead Roy Fielding 2012-03-14 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-145 (edit) closed Tk: Response Header / Tracking Status Resource Hybrid Thomas Lowenthal 2012-04-04 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-148 (edit) closed Restructure and clarify ISSUE-111 Matthias Schunter 2012-03-21
ACTION-149 (edit) closed Write alternate API Jonathan Mayer 2012-03-21
ACTION-150 (edit) closed Analyse EU legal implications of exceptions to (thissite, *) Ninja Marnau 2012-06-06 Global Considerations
ACTION-151 (edit) closed Write up personalization-without-tracking on loggedinness (with David and Shane) JC Cannon 2012-03-28 Compliance Next
ACTION-152 (edit) closed Write up logged-in-means-out-of-band-consent Shane Wiley 2012-03-28 Compliance Next
ACTION-153 (edit) closed Draft a permitted use/definition for unlinkable data Jonathan Mayer 2012-04-04
ACTION-155 (edit) closed Update slide 6 to note "aspirational timeline" Aleecia McDonald 2012-05-23
ACTION-156 (edit) closed Fix the language in the spec where necessary to reflect "permitted uses" and "user-granted exceptions" Heather West 2012-04-17 Compliance Next
ACTION-158 (edit) closed Revisit text on logged-in/consent to override DNT preference Thomas Lowenthal 2012-05-05 Compliance Next
ACTION-159 (edit) closed Draft shorter language to describe conditions for consent (with npdoty) David Singer 2012-05-05 Compliance Next
ACTION-162 (edit) closed Remove note from section 5.3, now that we have consensus Erica Newland 2012-04-18 Compliance Next
ACTION-163 (edit) closed Explain confusion or an alternative to text explaining the interaction with existing user privacy controls Roy Fielding 2012-05-15 Compliance Next
ACTION-164 (edit) closed Provide replacement text for issue-52 Roy Fielding 2012-04-18
ACTION-166 (edit) closed Draft updated text on definitions of "collection" and similar terms "Data collection, retention, use, and sharing" (with fielding) Roy Fielding 2012-05-24 Compliance Next
ACTION-167 (edit) closed Come up with updated text for a DOM api to allow access to DNT state Thomas Lowenthal 2012-05-05 ISSUE-84
ACTION-168 (edit) closed Go through the document with editors and address ISSUE-61 and ISSUE-117 to address dependencies in the compliance spec Matthias Schunter 2012-04-19
ACTION-169 (edit) closed Create text describing "if your privacy policies don't match, don't claim an associated domain" Rigo Wenning 2012-05-09 service provider
ACTION-170 (edit) closed Provide an alternative approach to well-known URI for resources that are used in both first-party and third-party contexts without changing the resource URI Heather West 2012-06-13 ISSUE-124
ACTION-171 (edit) closed Insert the tk/uri hybrid into the tracking-dnt draft Roy Fielding 2012-04-19 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-172 (edit) closed Write up more detailed list of use cases for origin/origin exceptions Nick Doty 2012-04-30 ISSUE-140
ACTION-173 (edit) closed Provide writeup on why managing explicit-explicit pairings is problematic from UI perspective Ian Fette 2012-04-19 ISSUE-140
ACTION-178 (edit) closed Talk with Shane about an updated compliance proposal Thomas Lowenthal 2012-05-23 Compliance Next
ACTION-181 (edit) closed Fix the language in the spec where necessary to reflect "permitted uses" and "user-granted exceptions" David Singer 2012-05-05 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-182 (edit) closed Do a dependency check (TPE-Compliance) David Singer 2012-06-15 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-183 (edit) closed Double check API lannguage David Singer 2012-05-05 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-184 (edit) closed Move issue-14 text from Compliance to Global Considerations document Aleecia McDonald 2012-05-23 Global Considerations
ACTION-188 (edit) closed Cleanup material on ISSUE-111 to prepare for next week's discussion Matthias Schunter 2012-04-25 ISSUE-111
ACTION-192 (edit) closed Write up proposal for allowed uses for protocol data in the first N weeks for ISSUE-142 Ian Fette 2012-05-05
ACTION-198 (edit) closed Update server responses to reflect discussions in calls Roy Fielding 2012-05-23 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-199 (edit) closed Update DNT spec to take into account discussion around policies at just a well known URL or well known URL plus token Roy Fielding 2012-05-23 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-200 (edit) closed Write text for ISSUE-84 due 2012-06-01 Ian Fette 2012-08-16 ISSUE-84
ACTION-201 (edit) closed Write text for ISSUE-112, due 2015-06-01 Ian Fette 2012-07-25 ISSUE-112
ACTION-202 (edit) closed Write Email to outline alternative proposal to explicit/explicit exceptions Matthias Schunter 2012-05-23 ISSUE-140
ACTION-203 (edit) closed Propose text (with help from Shane) about transitivity model Rigo Wenning 2012-06-13 ISSUE-200
ACTION-204 (edit) closed Write up potential change to tracking status resource Thomas Lowenthal 2012-05-31
ACTION-205 (edit) closed Open a new issue on UAs Aleecia McDonald 2012-07-25
ACTION-207 (edit) closed Follow-up with Peter or otherwise post current draft to the list for Unlinkability due 6/4 Shane Wiley 2012-06-06
ACTION-208 (edit) closed Draft a definition of DNT:0 expression -- issue-148 Ian Fette 2012-06-06
ACTION-209 (edit) closed Draft a definition of DNT:0 expression -- issue-148 Jonathan Mayer 2012-06-14
ACTION-210 (edit) closed Come up with further text to get the consensus declared in this call around DNT and whether it can be set by default (no) in the spec Aleecia McDonald 2012-08-15
ACTION-214 (edit) closed Issue a call for objections on symmetry/minimum number of choices Aleecia McDonald 2012-07-16
ACTION-215 (edit) closed Send Nick photos from whiteboard to include in minutes Rigo Wenning 2012-08-03
ACTION-216 (edit) closed Draft tentative agreement on financial reporting breakout discussion Brooks Dobbs 2012-06-28
ACTION-217 (edit) closed Change text around DNT "on"/"off"/ David Singer 2012-07-18 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-219 (edit) closed Add optional audit field array Roy Fielding 2012-07-17 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-221 (edit) closed Draft optional version of explicit/explicit exception api Jonathan Mayer 2012-06-29
ACTION-223 (edit) closed Update text based on tl's proposal, due 6/29/2012 Matthias Schunter 2012-06-29
ACTION-228 (edit) closed Update remove methods to have an appropriate failure mode Roy Fielding 2012-08-16 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-230 (edit) closed Draft crisp definition of data append / proposed response (potentially with Shane and Jeff) Chris Pedigo 2012-08-01
ACTION-231 (edit) closed Write a very short proposal (with dsinger) on issue-153 Nick Doty 2012-08-01 ISSUE-153
ACTION-233 (edit) closed Draft very short text in TPE about representing party status David Singer 2012-08-08
ACTION-234 (edit) closed Update proposal on permitted uses based on Seattle Jonathan Mayer 2012-08-22
ACTION-236 (edit) closed Set up poll on objections regarding minimum choices for UA Nick Doty 2012-08-15
ACTION-238 (edit) closed Follow-up re: David, regarding purposes of the WKR Matthias Schunter 2012-08-22
ACTION-239 (edit) closed Review minutes regarding permitted use qualifiers Matthias Schunter 2012-08-22
ACTION-242 (edit) closed Propose changes regarding issue-116 (and also "general preference") Nick Doty 2012-08-22
ACTION-243 (edit) closed Use case: Service Providers vs. Third Parties Matthias Schunter 2012-08-22 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-244 (edit) closed Propose changes regarding issue-116 (and also "general preference") Nick Doty 2012-08-22
ACTION-245 (edit) closed Review spec for indicating service provider relationship (with singer and mayer) and propose changes if necessary Matthias Schunter 2012-08-22
ACTION-248 (edit) closed ACTION: doty to propose changes regarding issue-116 (and also "general preference") [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/08/15-dnt-minutes.html#action06] Nick Doty 2012-09-03 ISSUE-116
ACTION-250 (edit) closed Draft non-normative text to "check with your lawyer" regarding consent and DNT:0 Rigo Wenning 2012-09-12
ACTION-251 (edit) closed Add DNT:0 definition and non-normative text to Compliance Heather West 2012-09-12 ISSUE-148
ACTION-257 (edit) closed Prepare text options for a potential Call for Objections on service providers Matthias Schunter 2012-09-26
ACTION-258 (edit) closed Propose 'should' for same-party and why Rigo Wenning 2012-12-12 ISSUE-164
ACTION-259 (edit) closed Follow up with EU/EC colleagues regarding possible lunch (or dinner?) to talk Global Considerations Rigo Wenning 2012-10-03 Global Considerations
ACTION-263 (edit) closed Provide updated text regarding minimization (with nick) Ninja Marnau 2012-10-03
ACTION-270 (edit) closed Propose existing DAA text for service providers Rachel Thomas 2012-10-10
ACTION-271 (edit) closed Update service provider language to apply to first and third parties Heather West 2012-10-10
ACTION-272 (edit) closed Fielding to propose text for party and outsourcing definitions Roy Fielding 2012-10-10 Compliance Next
ACTION-276 (edit) closed Provide text regarding data retention, applicable to finanical logging data Luigi Mastria 2013-04-01
ACTION-281 (edit) closed Draft updated text on UA requirement to provide explanation of DNT Jonathan Mayer 2012-10-10 user-education
ACTION-283 (edit) closed Draft an alternative for multiple DNT headers (issue-150) Jonathan Mayer 2012-10-10 ISSUE-150
ACTION-295 (edit) closed Should v. Must (In General) Berin Szoka 2012-10-11
ACTION-296 (edit) closed Draft text for the agreement that multiple copies of the same data are not required Ian Fette 2012-10-11
ACTION-297 (edit) closed Update minimization text regarding data collected in a third-party context Roy Fielding 2012-10-11 Compliance Next
ACTION-308 (edit) closed (with justin) to coordinate which document contains exceptions David Singer 2013-04-01
ACTION-309 (edit) closed Coordinate with David Singer to accord User Agent constraints in both specs Justin Brookman 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-310 (edit) closed Add three options for identity providers Justin Brookman 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-312 (edit) closed Merge financial logging language Justin Brookman 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-315 (edit) closed Verify whether ad associations' use case will work with the proposed resolution for 171 from Shane Brendan Riordan-Butterworth 2012-10-12
ACTION-317 (edit) closed Draft non-normative examples on same-party (issue-164) David Singer 2012-12-12 ISSUE-214
ACTION-321 (edit) closed Set up a call about discussing singer's list of questions about what information is needed in response headers and status resource Thomas Lowenthal 2012-10-22
ACTION-322 (edit) closed Clarify "policy" element to refer to "relevant privacy policy", not necessarily tracking-specific Roy Fielding 2012-10-17 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-326 (edit) closed Draft a proposal on marketing permitted use (with rachel) Brendan Riordan-Butterworth 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-327 (edit) closed Draft a proposal on advertising permitted use (with rachel) Brendan Riordan-Butterworth 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-328 (edit) closed Address how multiple first parties can be expressed in tracking status representation Roy Fielding 2012-11-03 ISSUE-190
ACTION-329 (edit) closed 3rd party dependencies in 1st party content Walter van Holst 2012-10-31 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-330 (edit) closed Send a reminder about http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking-international/ Rigo Wenning 2012-11-07 Global Considerations
ACTION-331 (edit) closed Draft text confirming use of iframes for requesting exceptions (with chapell) David Wainberg 2012-11-14
ACTION-332 (edit) closed Review TPE spec to ensure iframes are fine for exception API; if not, propose text changes David Wainberg 2013-01-16
ACTION-333 (edit) closed Work with Ian's text, Adrian's text, and Nick's cleanup to produce a new exception API proposed specification David Singer 2012-11-14 ISSUE-187
ACTION-335 (edit) closed Write non-normative text on unlinkability, with Shane Dan Auerbach 2013-04-01
ACTION-336 (edit) closed Write non-normative text on unlinkability (with Shane) Dan Auerbach 2012-11-21
ACTION-337 (edit) closed Clarify text around compliance hook options and indications of non-compliance Roy Fielding 2012-11-21 ISSUE-45
ACTION-338 (edit) closed Work with tl/jmayer on combining options on compliance hook Aleecia McDonald 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-340 (edit) closed Update on audits field proposal and any normative requirements as necessary Joanne Furtsch 2012-12-05
ACTION-342 (edit) closed Ask for any objections to the new exceptions model Matthias Schunter 2012-12-12
ACTION-343 (edit) closed Update issue-112 proposal with specific changes to the draft Nick Doty 2013-01-16 ISSUE-112
ACTION-344 (edit) closed Propose changes for issue-112 David Wainberg 2012-12-12 ISSUE-112
ACTION-346 (edit) closed API New Year Mike O'Neill 2013-01-01 EUConsent
ACTION-347 (edit) closed Set up wiki page for sharing reading list / technical papers on deidentification Nick Doty 2013-01-16
ACTION-350 (edit) closed Update TPE regarding multiple first parties, per proposal in ACTION-328 Roy Fielding 2013-01-16 ISSUE-190
ACTION-352 (edit) closed Write a confirm-exception-still-exists api David Singer 2013-01-16
ACTION-354 (edit) closed Update Service Providers proposal to incorporate first-party array Roy Fielding 2013-01-16 ISSUE-137
ACTION-355 (edit) closed Propose changes to the spec to reflect our tentative agreement on cookie-like behavior David Singer 2013-01-28 ISSUE-112
ACTION-356 (edit) closed Review which requirements in the spec would be problematic for an intermediary Matthias Schunter 2013-01-30 ISSUE-153
ACTION-358 (edit) closed Draft proposal that we close 152 with no UA requirements Nick Doty 2013-02-06
ACTION-359 (edit) closed Make text proposal on ISSUE-161 in draft with option block Roy Fielding 2013-02-06 ISSUE-161
ACTION-361 (edit) closed Include proposal how to resolve ISSUE-161 as an option into the TPE spec Roy Fielding 2013-02-06 ISSUE-161
ACTION-362 (edit) closed Implement changes proposed as ACTION 328 into the TPE spec Roy Fielding 2013-02-06 ISSUE-190
ACTION-365 (edit) closed Clarify behavior of the exception confirmation api Adrian Bateman 2013-02-22 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-367 (edit) closed Post link to public-tracking-commit list Nick Doty 2013-02-20
ACTION-370 (edit) closed Propose narrower "market research" use (with David Stark, Justin, Susan, Ronan, Rachel, Chris_M, EBerkower) Richard Weaver 2013-02-27
ACTION-371 (edit) closed Propose text on de-identification (with Ed) Dan Auerbach 2013-02-27
ACTION-372 (edit) closed Propose language on service providers sharing/combining data for debugging David Wainberg 2013-03-13
ACTION-373 (edit) closed Propose text prohibiting data append (because it requires sharing, or otherwise; with jchester) Aleecia McDonald 2013-03-20
ACTION-374 (edit) closed Suggest how redirection proposals can factor in to the first party definition Nick Doty 2013-03-06
ACTION-378 (edit) closed Update de-identification definition based on feedback from Rob, Shane, public commitment Dan Auerbach 2013-03-13
ACTION-379 (edit) closed Play editor for the ePrivacy Directive - permitted uses delta and organize first teleconference Rigo Wenning 2013-03-22 Delta
ACTION-380 (edit) closed Invite Frank into the Group Rigo Wenning 2013-03-19 Delta
ACTION-381 (edit) closed Send email to Thomas Schauf, Kimon and Julia to get someone from DAA to help with the DIFF between permitted uses in TCS and the allowances under Opt-out in the EDAA framework Rigo Wenning 2013-03-22 Delta
ACTION-382 (edit) closed Take Canadian references to OBA "Guidelines on Online Behavioral Advertisement" report and link it from the Global consideration page Rigo Wenning 2013-03-19 Global Considerations
ACTION-383 (edit) closed Ask Malcom Crompton about the Australian OBA guidelines Rigo Wenning 2013-06-12 Global Considerations
ACTION-384 (edit) closed Make a doodle for weekly calls and open an issue for gap analysis Rigo Wenning 2013-03-19 Global Considerations
ACTION-385 (edit) closed Propose specific text on cookie-like exceptions Adrian Bateman 2013-03-27
ACTION-386 (edit) closed Add disregard/"D" response value to TPE draft Roy Fielding 2013-03-27 ISSUE-161
ACTION-387 (edit) closed Review David Singer's most recent suggestion on service provider flag to see if it addresses the concern (with jmayer?) Aleecia McDonald 2013-03-27
ACTION-388 (edit) closed Draft non-normative text for why it's useful for a server to provide same-party members Rigo Wenning 2013-03-27 ISSUE-214
ACTION-390 (edit) closed Draft examples regarding different UAs with different UI affordances Edward Felten 2013-04-17
ACTION-391 (edit) closed Update UI/consent proposal (including discussion with Adrian) Alan Chapell 2013-04-17
ACTION-392 (edit) closed Check with Jonathan about revising consent requirements (would adrianba's text suffice?) Nick Doty 2013-04-17
ACTION-393 (edit) closed Work with Ronan on new consent indicator proposal Matthias Schunter 2013-04-17
ACTION-394 (edit) closed Add text noting the option of not indicating out-of-band consent Roy Fielding 2013-05-01 ISSUE-195
ACTION-395 (edit) closed Provide a couple slides explanation of exchanges / redirects / server-to-server Shane Wiley 2013-05-01
ACTION-396 (edit) closed Provide pending review text for signal of transferred/redirected exception (issue 168) Nick Doty 2013-05-01 ISSUE-200
ACTION-405 (edit) closed Follow up with Kathy, Jeff and Justin on FAQ Rigo Wenning 2013-06-19 AudienceMeasurement
ACTION-409 (edit) closed Circulate (with yianni, tlr, peter) regarding "graduated response" and old actions Nick Doty 2013-05-29
ACTION-411 (edit) closed Review issue-10 on first party text before moving to pending review Jeffrey Chester 2013-05-29 ISSUE-10
ACTION-413 (edit) closed mschunte2 Shane Wiley 2013-06-12 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-417 (edit) closed Provide proposal regarding SHOULD and last call / CR notes regarding implementing exceptions API David Singer 2013-06-12 Ninja Marnau
ACTION-418 (edit) closed Add text to spec regarding conditions where it would be useful to indicate same-party member Roy Fielding 2013-06-12 ISSUE-164
ACTION-419 (edit) closed Update Disregard signal with conditions (rarely and indeterminate) Roy Fielding 2013-06-12 Ninja Marnau
ACTION-420 (edit) closed Propose non-normative text on use of Disregard signal Rigo Wenning 2013-06-12 EUConsent
ACTION-426 (edit) closed Add definition from Ian about graduated response to appropriate change proposal Nick Doty 2013-07-24
ACTION-428 (edit) closed Set up wiki page with outline for gathering non-normative text (from april wd or elsewhere) Nick Doty 2013-09-14
ACTION-430 (edit) closed Perform the Vinay editorial changes if no objection by 9/30 David Singer 2013-10-07 Compliance Current
ACTION-431 (edit) closed Create wiki list of editorial issues Nick Doty 2013-09-25
ACTION-436 (edit) closed Follow up with 241 proposers (dsinger, fielding, robsherman at least) to finalize proposals / see if consensus is possible Nick Doty 2014-02-07
ACTION-437 (edit) closed Incorporate changes for defn of context Roy Fielding 2014-03-26 Context
ACTION-438 (edit) closed Remove issue box for qualifiers Roy Fielding 2014-03-19 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-439 (edit) closed Find a media type for the tracking status representation Roy Fielding 2014-03-26 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-440 (edit) closed Finish editorial changes for defn of tracking now that we have a defn of context Roy Fielding 2014-03-26 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-441 (edit) closed Editorial change: User Granted Exceptions to User Granted Permissions Roy Fielding 2014-03-25 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-442 (edit) closed Editorial Change: define MIME type "application/tracking-status" (or similar) to be used for the tracking status resource Roy Fielding 2014-03-25 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-443 (edit) closed Figure out wether we need to use “subrequest” in Section 6.6 or remove this definition Roy Fielding 2014-03-25 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-444 (edit) closed Remove definition of “facilitates” from the TPE Roy Fielding 2014-03-25 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-445 (edit) closed Add a use case for TSV “U” Section 5.2.9 (may be unclear for implementers) Roy Fielding 2014-03-25 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-446 (edit) closed Editorial change: Section 5.4.4 being less prescriptive on timing: "the server MUST not engage in any behavior that would contradict the oldest permissibly cached tracking status" Roy Fielding 2014-03-25 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-448 (edit) closed Add updated 207/disregard text, with qa review to follo Nick Doty 2014-05-21
ACTION-449 (edit) closed Remove geolocation req; add non-normative note to de-identified or tracking Nick Doty 2014-05-21
ACTION-450 (edit) closed Remove ua compliance section from compliance doc Nick Doty 2014-06-13
ACTION-451 (edit) closed Do review of compliance to make sure it's in sync with tpe lcwd Nick Doty 2014-06-18
ACTION-452 (edit) closed update service provider language Nick Doty 2014-06-24 ISSUE-206
ACTION-453 (edit) closed Update data minimization section regarding minimized/limited and clarity about when it applies Nick Doty 2014-06-25
ACTION-454 (edit) closed Add qualifiers in an appendix to tcs Nick Doty 2014-07-23
ACTION-455 (edit) closed Update tcs to correspond to specific tracking status values Nick Doty 2014-07-23
ACTION-456 (edit) closed Propose text for wider changes around issue-203 Roy Fielding 2014-07-23 ISSUE-203
ACTION-457 (edit) closed Add note highlighting tracking/context issue Nick Doty 2014-07-30
ACTION-458 (edit) closed Propose specific language for expiration in the user-granted exception api parameters Mike O'Neill 2014-10-01 ISSUE-266
ACTION-459 (edit) closed Add shortened url language to compliance Nick Doty 2014-10-01
ACTION-460 (edit) closed Add language on dnt:0 re scope of consent preference Nick Doty 2014-10-15
ACTION-461 (edit) closed Detail differences between issue-203 proposals Nick Doty 2014-10-15
ACTION-462 (edit) closed Propose merger of security language Nick Doty 2014-10-29
ACTION-463 (edit) closed to draft a g response for exchanges Roy Fielding 2014-11-14 ISSUE-262
ACTION-465 (edit) closed Respond to issue-260 regarding validating dnt signal Roy Fielding 2014-11-26 ISSUE-260
ACTION-472 (edit) closed Schedule the meeting 1-3 wednesday Wendy Seltzer 2016-09-07

Add a new action item. See all the action items


Matthias Schunter <matthias.schunter@intel.com>, Carl Cargill <cargill@adobe.com>, Chairs, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: actions.php,v 1.28 2015-01-30 15:07:34 vivien Exp $