Input for Agenda Planning for the Tracking Protection Working Group

This is the view of actions grouped by issues ordered by due dates; see also the view of issues groups by products.

Open issues with open and pending review action items

Only showing action items due before

Grouped by issues
Sharing of data between entities via cookie syncing / identity brokering (ISSUE-32)
 (edit)ACTION-106 on Heather West: Sharing of data between entities via cookie syncing / identity brokering, with Vincent Toubiana - due 2012-02-02 - pending review
Definition of and what/whether limitations around data append and first parties (ISSUE-170)
 (edit)ACTION-229 on Chris Pedigo: Draft crisp definition [of data append] - due 2012-08-01 - pending review
Re-direction, shortened URLs, click analytics -- what kind of tracking is this? (ISSUE-97)
 (edit)ACTION-196 on : Draft text on whether url shorteners are first or third parties - due 2012-08-15 - pending review
 (edit)ACTION-303 on Ian Fette: Draft definition of "visit" - due 2012-10-11 - pending review
Third party as first party - is a third party that collects data on behalf of the first party treated the same way as the first party? (ISSUE-49 service provider)
 (edit)ACTION-161 on Shane Wiley: work on issue-49 - due 2012-09-05 - pending review
How should user agents be required to provide information about DNT? (ISSUE-172 user-education)
 (edit)ACTION-212 on Shane Wiley: Draft text on how user agents must obtain consent to turn on a DNT signal - due 2012-09-26 - pending review
 (edit)ACTION-280 on Shane Wiley: Draft updated text on UA requirements; explanatory text made more general; add 'prior to selecting DNT'; add examples; change MUST to SHOULD - due 2012-10-10 - pending review
Possible exemption for fraud detection and defense (ISSUE-24)
 (edit)ACTION-279 on Ian Fette: Write an explanation of graduated response and a list of explanatory use cases - due 2012-10-10 - pending review
 (edit)ACTION-293 on Jonathan Mayer: Draft non-normative examples illustrating graduated response - due 2012-10-11 - pending review
 (edit)ACTION-339 on Walter van Holst: Propose a refinement to debugging permitted use - due 2012-11-21 - pending review
 (edit)ACTION-408 on David Wainberg: Review security/fraud text (with chris mejia and dan auerbach) - due 2013-05-29 - open
Definition of de-identified (or previously, unlinkable) data (ISSUE-188 unlinkable-deidentified)
 (edit)ACTION-289 on Walter van Holst: Define "unlinkable" related to section 3.6 on unlinkable data in compliance document - due 2012-10-10 - pending review
 (edit)ACTION-286 on Rachel Thomas: Propose DAA text regarding de-identification (for unlinkability discussion) - due 2012-11-22 - pending review
Minimization -- to what extent will minimization be required for use of a particular exemption? (conditional exemptions) (ISSUE-31)
 (edit)ACTION-298 on Jonathan Mayer: Draft examples for - due 2012-10-11 - pending review
Have an appendix of best practices? (ISSUE-175)
 (edit)ACTION-325 on Nick Doty: Help re-factor into appendices (with justin, jmayer?) - due 2012-10-24 - pending review
How is audience measurement adressed under DNT? (permitted use or otherwise) (ISSUE-25 AudienceMeasurement)
 (edit)ACTION-404 on Susan Israel: Further Fact finding on scope of audience measurement and the DAA exception (one page of text) - due 2013-06-19 - open
Interplay between UGE and out of band consent (ISSUE-201)
 (edit)ACTION-424 on David Singer: Clarify UGEs and out of band consent - due 2013-06-26 - pending review

Action Items Pending Review

There are 131 pending review actions.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-68 (edit) pending review Provide text on ISSUE-54 2012-02-01 ISSUE-54
ACTION-69 (edit) pending review Propose renaming issue-54 Sean Harvey 2012-02-03 ISSUE-54
ACTION-72 (edit) pending review Draft text on issue-25, issue-74 Kathy Joe 2012-02-06 ISSUE-74
ACTION-91 (edit) pending review Write text on fingerprinting risk (ISSUE-109, ISSUE-114), with Nick Doty Andy Zeigler 2012-02-29 ISSUE-109
ACTION-97 (edit) pending review Add similar protocol language to TPE spec David Singer 2012-02-01 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-99 (edit) pending review Write up automated discoverability of party relationships proposal (Nick and Bryan to help) David Singer 2012-02-13
ACTION-100 (edit) pending review Write up use of machine-readable party relationships for site-specific exceptions (Joanne and Kevin to help) Amy Colando 2012-02-02
ACTION-105 (edit) pending review Write-up "reasonably discoverable assertions" standard for party membership assertion for purposes of researcher/enforcement only Jonathan Mayer 2012-02-02 Compliance Next
ACTION-106 (edit) pending review Sharing of data between entities via cookie syncing / identity brokering, with Vincent Toubiana Heather West 2012-02-02 ISSUE-32
ACTION-110 (edit) pending review Write proposal text for what it means to "not track" Ninja Marnau 2012-02-10 ISSUE-119
ACTION-111 (edit) pending review Follow up on JavaScript API and report hallway conversation with Shane Thomas Roessler 2012-02-02
ACTION-116 (edit) pending review Draft text prohibitng third parties from acting or representing themselves as first parties 2012-03-06 ISSUE-123
ACTION-122 (edit) pending review Draft possible use of site-specific exception API to test existence of DNT / ask for exceptions even without DNT turned on Nick Doty 2012-02-15 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-133 (edit) pending review Collect comparison criteria and summarize comparison in URIvsHeaders table 2012-02-29
ACTION-135 (edit) pending review Detail use case for ISSUE-111 (DNT;2) Shane Wiley 2012-03-28 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-146 (edit) pending review Review the proposed text for ISSUE-111 in the context of a redirect chain where some parties get 0, some parties get 1, and there is potentially some data sharing between the parties in the redirect chain Ian Fette 2012-03-21
ACTION-147 (edit) pending review Enumerate scenarios in which requesting exception[mysite,*] might not work, e.g. user says no, then how do you figure out what you can or cannot get exceptions for, such as if user is only saying no to facebook but you don't know which, if any, of their ad networks the user is objecting to Ian Fette 2012-03-21
ACTION-154 (edit) pending review Draft an unlinkable data/unidentifiable data/pick favorite term exception Jonathan Mayer 2012-04-04
ACTION-157 (edit) pending review Update logged-in consent proposal by April 24 Shane Wiley 2012-04-24 Compliance Next
ACTION-160 (edit) pending review Work with Shane on common ground on unlinkability normative/non-normative text Peter Eckersley 2012-05-23 Compliance Next
ACTION-161 (edit) pending review work on issue-49 Shane Wiley 2012-09-05 service provider
ACTION-165 (edit) pending review Draft example text around using the Geolocation API for non-normative text on "Geolocation compliance" section in Compliance Ian Fette 2012-04-25 Compliance Next
ACTION-174 (edit) pending review Write up implication of origin/* exceptions in EU context Ninja Marnau 2012-06-06 ISSUE-129
ACTION-175 (edit) pending review Draft API method for sites to remove, a la removeTrackingException() 2012-05-05 ISSUE-83
ACTION-176 (edit) pending review Update site-specific exceptions text to note that embedded third-party javascript may make the call rather than the first party (even though it probably shouldn't do so without working it out with the publisher) David Singer 2012-05-30 ISSUE-129
ACTION-177 (edit) pending review Add an API to let a site request a web-wide exception Shane Wiley 2012-05-05 ISSUE-130
ACTION-179 (edit) pending review Draft section on seriousness of the request for a user-granted exception (with ninja) Shane Wiley 2012-04-19 ISSUE-129
ACTION-180 (edit) pending review Provide a text update to section 4.3 to resolve issue 116 and ISSUE-84 Nick Doty 2012-05-23 ISSUE-116
ACTION-185 (edit) pending review Draft specific field proposal for optional auditors Kevin Trilli 2012-05-26 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-186 (edit) pending review Clarify non-normative text on making a public commitment (also in a privacy policy, e.g.) 2012-06-25
ACTION-187 (edit) pending review Write text for ISSUE-99 around identity providers as first or third parties, DUE May 5 2012 Ian Fette 2012-06-06
ACTION-189 (edit) pending review Differentiate observers from members in attendee list for DC minutes Nick Doty 2012-05-02
ACTION-190 (edit) pending review Write up proposal for allowed uses for protocol data in the first N weeks Ian Fette 2012-05-02 ISSUE-174
ACTION-191 (edit) pending review Write up proposal for allowed uses for protocol data in the first N weeks for ISSUE-142 2012-05-05
ACTION-193 (edit) pending review Document difficulties around well known URIs for large sites and propose alternatives Ian Fette 2012-05-09
ACTION-194 (edit) pending review Write up a proposal for transitive third party exceptions Ian Fette 2012-05-09
ACTION-195 (edit) pending review Clarify action items needed for issue-65 2012-08-15 ISSUE-65
ACTION-196 (edit) pending review Draft text on whether url shorteners are first or third parties 2012-08-15 ISSUE-97
ACTION-197 (edit) pending review Propose alternative media access policies Jonathan Mayer 2012-05-16
ACTION-206 (edit) pending review Integrate http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2012May/0280.html by May 30 David Singer 2012-05-30 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-211 (edit) pending review Draft text on how user agents must obtain consent to turn on a DNT signal 2012-06-13 Compliance Next
ACTION-212 (edit) pending review Draft text on how user agents must obtain consent to turn on a DNT signal Shane Wiley 2012-09-26 user-education
ACTION-213 (edit) pending review Draft text perhaps with roy and ifette around notion of filtering out data that is received in large amounts that should be required to be filtered out Jonathan Mayer 2012-07-15
ACTION-218 (edit) pending review Write up proposal on issue-112 that we do exceptions based on origin Nick Doty 2012-07-18
ACTION-220 (edit) pending review Write up tl/matthias sub-group agreement on exception approach Matthias Schunter 2012-06-29
ACTION-222 (edit) pending review Document out-of-band js api Ian Fette 2012-07-25
ACTION-224 (edit) pending review Ensure that Section 4 reflects the latest DomAPI proposal by Nick Nick Doty 2012-07-15 ISSUE-84
ACTION-225 (edit) pending review Propose an alternative definition of first party (based on ownership? alternative to inference?) Heather West 2012-08-22
ACTION-226 (edit) pending review Spec update to address ISSUE/116 David Singer 2012-08-15 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-227 (edit) pending review Collect input (from Tom, Jonathan, Ed, Rob) on needs for a service-provider flag and compare to current draft David Singer 2012-07-25
ACTION-229 (edit) pending review Draft crisp definition [of data append] Chris Pedigo 2012-08-01 ISSUE-170
ACTION-232 (edit) pending review Write a short proposal on issue-153 David Wainberg 2012-08-22
ACTION-235 (edit) pending review Draft middle way draft on permitted uses Nick Doty 2012-09-04
ACTION-237 (edit) pending review Update Compliance spec with pointer regarding issue-21 Heather West 2012-08-15
ACTION-240 (edit) pending review Insert a note on how sites can avoid repeatedly asking the user for an exception David Singer 2012-08-22
ACTION-241 (edit) pending review Propose changes regarding issue-116 (and also "general preference") Nick Doty 2012-09-10
ACTION-246 (edit) pending review draft proposal regarding making a public compliance commitment (with Alan, Ian) David Wainberg 2012-10-10 ISSUE-45
ACTION-247 (edit) pending review Re-insert values that specify what exceptions are actually in use to the TPE spec David Singer 2012-08-30 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-249 (edit) pending review Ensure that the qualifiers reflect the permissions documented in the compliance document, due 10 october David Singer 2012-10-10 Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
ACTION-252 (edit) pending review Propose defining formerly-known-as absolutely-not-tracking via permitted uses Nick Doty 2012-09-12
ACTION-253 (edit) pending review Propose dropping any tracking status value for None/Anonymous David Wainberg 2012-09-12
ACTION-254 (edit) pending review Draft text on freq. capping that would avoid new definitions and/or remove redundant normative requirement (with nick and amy?) Shane Wiley 2012-09-19
ACTION-255 (edit) pending review Work on financial reporting text (with nick, ian) as alternative to legal requirements Alan Chapell 2012-09-19
ACTION-256 (edit) pending review Propose update on security/fraud regarding deception/ad fraud David Wainberg 2012-09-19
ACTION-260 (edit) pending review Update debugging text (add normative 'short term', 'diagnostic', expand on or replace "graduated response") Nick Doty 2012-10-03
ACTION-261 (edit) pending review Update draft to remove aggregate permitted use, highlight unlinkable section where discussion may continue 2012-10-03
ACTION-262 (edit) pending review Draft text regarding existing contracts (with vinay) Amy Colando 2012-10-03 ISSUE-28
ACTION-264 (edit) pending review Draft updated 'share' definition to avoid concerns (with rigo and chris-p) Amy Colando 2012-10-10
ACTION-265 (edit) pending review Update text in 3.8.1 regarding bringing into compliance, not just deletion Shane Wiley 2012-10-10
ACTION-266 (edit) pending review Suggest retention related to a timed grace period (with dwainberg) Ian Fette 2012-10-10 ISSUE-174
ACTION-267 (edit) pending review Propose first/third party definitions from existing DAA documents Rachel Thomas 2012-10-10
ACTION-268 (edit) pending review Edit the TPE document to make sure that the final definition of parties is in sync across the two specifications David Singer 2012-11-12
ACTION-269 (edit) pending review Update 3.5.2 to expand beyond "Web site" 2012-10-10
ACTION-273 (edit) pending review Propose text regarding multiple first parties Rob Sherman 2012-11-02 ISSUE-181
ACTION-274 (edit) pending review Propose non-normative text on service providers to clarify "independent use" (with rvaneijk) Shane Wiley 2012-10-10
ACTION-275 (edit) pending review Update middle way proposals to avoid relying on "tracking" Nick Doty 2012-10-10
ACTION-277 (edit) pending review Propose non-normative text regarding contracts/other specifications David Singer 2012-10-10
ACTION-278 (edit) pending review Suggest an alternative to debugging graduated response ('once identified a problem') 2012-10-10 Compliance Next
ACTION-279 (edit) pending review Write an explanation of graduated response and a list of explanatory use cases Ian Fette 2012-10-10 ISSUE-24
ACTION-280 (edit) pending review Draft updated text on UA requirements; explanatory text made more general; add 'prior to selecting DNT'; add examples; change MUST to SHOULD Shane Wiley 2012-10-10 user-education
ACTION-282 (edit) pending review Add to the TPE that at most one DNT header is permitted in any HTTP request (issue-150) David Singer 2012-10-10
ACTION-284 (edit) pending review Propose barring other software from altering a DNT signal if the browser already set it Ian Fette 2012-10-10
ACTION-286 (edit) pending review Propose DAA text regarding de-identification (for unlinkability discussion) Rachel Thomas 2012-11-22 unlinkable-deidentified
ACTION-287 (edit) pending review Define "user expectation" as it's used in the context of the two documents. Brendan Riordan-Butterworth 2012-11-14 Compliance Next
ACTION-288 (edit) pending review Update unlinkable with non-normative text from Shane Heather West 2012-10-10
ACTION-289 (edit) pending review Define "unlinkable" related to section 3.6 on unlinkable data in compliance document Walter van Holst 2012-10-10 unlinkable-deidentified
ACTION-290 (edit) pending review Remove incorrect terminology in TPE (top-level domain) David Singer 2012-10-30 ISSUE-173
ACTION-291 (edit) pending review update to 3.5.2 to address different requirements regarding screen size Kevin Smith 2012-10-10
ACTION-292 (edit) pending review Move global requirements above enumerated permitted uses 2012-10-18 Compliance Next
ACTION-293 (edit) pending review Draft non-normative examples illustrating graduated response Jonathan Mayer 2012-10-11 ISSUE-24
ACTION-294 (edit) pending review Revise security/fraud based on existing proposals 2012-10-11
ACTION-298 (edit) pending review Draft examples for Jonathan Mayer 2012-10-11 ISSUE-31
ACTION-299 (edit) pending review Revise data minimization (flip ONLY --> NOT, "had expired," non-norm examples, et alia. 2012-10-11 Compliance Next
ACTION-300 (edit) pending review Add a service provider option (or condense with option 1) from jmayer Heather West 2012-10-11
ACTION-301 (edit) pending review Eijk to draft explanation on intermediaries and inserted headers Rob van Eijk 2012-10-11 ISSUE-176
ACTION-302 (edit) pending review Draft intermediary requirements, without implementation details (with Brendan) Brendan Riordan-Butterworth 2012-11-14
ACTION-303 (edit) pending review Draft definition of "visit" Ian Fette 2012-10-11 ISSUE-97
ACTION-304 (edit) pending review Draft proposal on url re-direction Ian Fette 2012-10-11
ACTION-305 (edit) pending review Remove 6.3.2 on logged in transactions 2012-10-11
ACTION-306 (edit) pending review Define "declared" data Shane Wiley 2012-10-11 ISSUE-54
ACTION-307 (edit) pending review Propose non-normative text on 119 (with schunter) David Singer 2012-10-11
ACTION-311 (edit) pending review Merge definitions of "party" 2013-04-01 Compliance Next
ACTION-313 (edit) pending review Draft normative text based on adrianba's exception proposal Ian Fette 2012-10-12
ACTION-314 (edit) pending review Draft non-normative examples of how a multi-domain site technically can ask for exceptions Shane Wiley 2012-10-12
ACTION-316 (edit) pending review Draft update on when service provider indication is necessary (with fielding) David Singer 2012-10-12
ACTION-318 (edit) pending review Update draft with JS window/navigator change (coordinate with dsinger/adrianba text) Nick Doty 2012-10-12 ISSUE-116
ACTION-319 (edit) pending review Draft non-normative text on how to accomplish non-JS third parties that want to request for exceptions (with lou) Nick Doty 2012-10-12 ISSUE-138
ACTION-320 (edit) pending review Write reference/examples as necessary for explaining out-of-band consent in TPE (with Joanne) David Singer 2012-10-12
ACTION-323 (edit) pending review Share results of what-the-response-is-for discussion David Singer 2012-12-12
ACTION-324 (edit) pending review Compile public compliance commitment options for potential Call Aleecia McDonald 2012-10-24 ISSUE-45
ACTION-325 (edit) pending review Help re-factor into appendices (with justin, jmayer?) Nick Doty 2012-10-24 ISSUE-175
ACTION-334 (edit) pending review Re-update on handling of sub-domains, clarify concrete options (issue-112, perhaps with Shane) Nick Doty 2012-11-14
ACTION-339 (edit) pending review Propose a refinement to debugging permitted use Walter van Holst 2012-11-21 ISSUE-24
ACTION-341 (edit) pending review Write up potential use cases for optional indication of service provider status, including points from Roy David Singer 2012-12-05
ACTION-345 (edit) pending review Condense non-norm examples on non-JS third parties and integrate into spec David Singer 2012-12-12
ACTION-348 (edit) pending review Ensure that the exception APIs do not preclude the UA from pending the set to get user approval David Singer 2013-01-16
ACTION-349 (edit) pending review Propose 'does my exception stand' APIs for both site and web exceptions David Singer 2013-01-16
ACTION-351 (edit) pending review Make updates to window/navigator version of doNotTrack (with Nick) David Singer 2013-01-16
ACTION-353 (edit) pending review Design the 'confirm exceptions' APIs David Singer 2013-01-16
ACTION-357 (edit) pending review Add service provider option text (with jmayer) as an issue in the draft with an option box David Singer 2013-02-20 ISSUE-137
ACTION-360 (edit) pending review Send email explaining why the proposal in ISSUE-152 is not needed and why issue 152 shall be closed Nick Doty 2013-02-06 ISSUE-152
ACTION-363 (edit) pending review Draft text for user agent flexibility on exceptions Nick Doty 2013-02-20
ACTION-364 (edit) pending review Draft section on best practices for sites requesting exceptions David Singer 2013-02-20
ACTION-366 (edit) pending review Draft text on another non-compliant/ignoring the expressed preference (by suggestion of WileyS) David Singer 2013-02-20
ACTION-414 (edit) pending review Propose new text regarding other software (perhaps building off of npdoty, dsinger) Alan Chapell 2013-06-12
ACTION-415 (edit) pending review Provide text proposal regarding limitations on using a Potential Consent signal 2013-06-12
ACTION-422 (edit) pending review Introduce changes proposed by Nick David Singer 2013-06-26 ISSUE-168
ACTION-423 (edit) pending review integrate Alan's intermediary text David Singer 2013-06-26 ISSUE-153
ACTION-424 (edit) pending review Clarify UGEs and out of band consent David Singer 2013-06-26 ISSUE-201
ACTION-429 (edit) pending review Add wiki page regarding how-to, dashboard on our process for issues/change proposals Nick Doty 2013-09-25
ACTION-467 (edit) pending review Highlight where "tracking data" is used and proposed meaning in each place Roy Fielding 2015-04-01

Overdue action items

There are 39 overdue actions.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-285 (edit) open Propose non-normative text to add on to action-231 (with nick) David Singer 2012-10-10 ISSUE-153
ACTION-368 (edit) open Work on updated "service provider"/"processor" definition (with vinay) Chris Pedigo 2013-02-27
ACTION-369 (edit) open Summarize texts, agreements, and uncertain bits to data around service providers (ideally with dsinger and perhaps npdoty, if willing) Aleecia McDonald 2013-03-13
ACTION-375 (edit) open Review TPE for updates necessary on multiple first parties (with Ed, Nick, RobS, possibly fielding) Shane Wiley 2013-03-18
ACTION-376 (edit) open (with justin) to propose updates on multiple first parties (distinguishing between the one site and platform) Rob Sherman 2013-03-18
ACTION-377 (edit) open (with rigo, peterswire) to follow up on service provider and independent rights clarification Chris Pedigo 2013-03-18
ACTION-389 (edit) open Organize german industry participation in the work of the delta between regulation and DNT Thomas Schauf 2013-03-28 Delta
ACTION-397 (edit) open Look into data around the impact of audience measurement / changes to census calibration Richard Weaver 2013-05-13
ACTION-398 (edit) open Work with ESOMAR folks on clarifying "otherwise support" in audience measurement proposed text Richard Weaver 2013-06-19
ACTION-399 (edit) open Propose text (with Rigo and Rob v.E.) on harmonizing audience measurement permitted use in EU context Susan Israel 2013-05-13
ACTION-400 (edit) open Explore how service providers (to 1st and 3rd parties) can provide transparency, and work through the use cases David Singer 2013-05-14
ACTION-401 (edit) open Update compliance standard to provide requirements for sending D tracking status signal when disregarding DNT:1 signals 2013-05-14 Compliance Next
ACTION-402 (edit) open Work with Dan to follow up on defining the "yellow" to "green" transaction with strong enough measures Shane Wiley 2013-05-28
ACTION-403 (edit) open Write language on red / yellow / green 2013-06-12
ACTION-404 (edit) open Further Fact finding on scope of audience measurement and the DAA exception (one page of text) Susan Israel 2013-06-19 AudienceMeasurement
ACTION-406 (edit) open Porpose a new set of names around yellow state Rob van Eijk 2013-05-29
ACTION-407 (edit) open (with Alan Chapell) to draft text regarding browser education as discussed in Sunnyvale (Item 6 in Draft Framework, also in consensus action summary) Chris Mejia 2013-05-29
ACTION-408 (edit) open Review security/fraud text (with chris mejia and dan auerbach) David Wainberg 2013-05-29 ISSUE-24
ACTION-410 (edit) open Review issue-184 with Walter and Rob before merging/pending review Peter Swire 2013-05-29 ISSUE-184
ACTION-412 (edit) open Draft directly/indirectly -identified language proposal Peter Swire 2013-06-05
ACTION-416 (edit) open Review potential consent proposal (including updates from justin), may provide alternative regarding control link David Singer 2013-06-12
ACTION-421 (edit) open Provide text on caching exceptions in cases of server-to-server communication (detail on the use case, in particular) Shane Wiley 2013-06-19
ACTION-425 (edit) open Validate / Comment on David Singer's email Aleecia McDonald 2013-06-26 ISSUE-137
ACTION-427 (edit) open Add non-normative text on graduated response 2013-07-24
ACTION-432 (edit) open Implement editorial changes on compliance draft (with dsinger, npdoty) Heather West 2013-09-27
ACTION-433 (edit) open Move definitions of collection from issue-228 to issue-16 in 2 weeks Vinay Goel 2013-11-13
ACTION-434 (edit) open Propose an update on normal/abnormal on d signal David Singer 2013-12-25
ACTION-435 (edit) open Check that the compliance array is in the tpe spec David Singer 2014-02-12
ACTION-447 (edit) open Work with roy to find the right sentence for issue-153 David Singer 2014-04-16
ACTION-464 (edit) open Write improved informative text around the synchronous api David Singer 2014-11-19
ACTION-466 (edit) open Move "transfer" concept/qualifier to tcs Nick Doty 2015-03-18
ACTION-468 (edit) open Start wiki page for gathering implementations Nick Doty 2015-09-30
ACTION-469 (edit) open Follow up regarding test suites and w3c infrastructure Nick Doty 2015-09-30
ACTION-470 (edit) open Design and post on the wiki a draft interoperability test matrix Mike O'Neill 2015-10-07 TPE Implementation Report
ACTION-471 (edit) open Raise bugs regarding eff interop Nick Doty 2015-10-28
ACTION-473 (edit) open Work with schunter on requirements for cr exit: uas, plugins, edge...? Bert Bos 2017-03-13
ACTION-474 (edit) open Remove expires from api in favor of just using maxage Roy Fielding 2017-07-24
ACTION-475 (edit) open Rephrase "at risk" on dnt-extensions Roy Fielding 2017-07-24
ACTION-476 (edit) open Talk to martin kurze about dnt implementations. Matthias Schunter 2017-11-20

Action items due next week

There are 0 upcoming actions.

Issues discussed over the last week

There are 0 recently discussed issues listed in the system.

Raised Issues

There are 16 raised issues listed in the system.

ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions
ISSUE-135 (edit) RAISED Draft Global Considerations document 2012-04-11 Global Considerations 0
ISSUE-147 (edit) RAISED Transporting Consent via the Exception / DNT mechanisms 2012-05-14 Global Considerations 0
ISSUE-150 (edit) RAISED DNT conflicts from multiple user agents 2012-05-30 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-183 (edit)
Tk E
RAISED Additional Tk header status value for EU 2012-10-21 Global Considerations 0
ISSUE-184 (edit) RAISED 3rd party dependencies in 1st party content 2012-10-24 Compliance Next 1
ISSUE-189 (edit)
EUConsent
RAISED Explicit informed consent mechanism needed 2012-11-22 Global Considerations 0
ISSUE-211 (edit) RAISED Should we specify retention periods (extended with transparency) for permitted uses? 2013-06-27 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-212 (edit) RAISED Naming of user-granted exceptions 2013-06-28 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-214 (edit) RAISED Adding to last public working draft 2013-07-01 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-220 (edit)
Proportionality
RAISED Proportionality should be across the board 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-223 (edit)
implementation criteria
RAISED Define criteria now for the test/implementation phase of the compliance spec 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-226 (edit)
Rules by context
RAISED What rules apply for data collection/use, by context 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-227 (edit)
User Agent Minimum Requirements
RAISED User Agent requirements in UA Compliance vs. Scope section 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-230 (edit)
New Definition
RAISED Add a definition for "Web Browsing History" 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-238 (edit)
Permitted uses
RAISED Scope of Permitted uses 2013-10-07 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-265 (edit) RAISED Status of referrals in navigation (is it tracking, is it permitted for dnt:1) 2014-08-20 0

Pending Review Issues

The following issues are candidate for closing.

There are 67 pending review issues listed in the system.

ID State Title Raised on Product Open Actions
ISSUE-22 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Still have "operational use" of data (auditing of where ads are shown, impression tracking, etc.) 2011-09-21 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-24 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Possible exemption for fraud detection and defense 2011-09-21 Compliance Current 1
ISSUE-25 (edit)
AudienceMeasurement
PENDING REVIEW How is audience measurement adressed under DNT? (permitted use or otherwise) 2011-09-21 Compliance Current 1
ISSUE-31 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Minimization -- to what extent will minimization be required for use of a particular exemption? (conditional exemptions) 2011-09-21 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-32 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Sharing of data between entities via cookie syncing / identity brokering 2011-09-21 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-49 (edit)
service provider
PENDING REVIEW Third party as first party - is a third party that collects data on behalf of the first party treated the same way as the first party? 2011-09-22 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-97 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Re-direction, shortened URLs, click analytics -- what kind of tracking is this? 2011-10-31 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-99 (edit) PENDING REVIEW How does DNT work with identity providers? 2011-11-05 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-148 (edit) PENDING REVIEW What does DNT:0 mean? 2012-05-29 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-170 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Definition of and what/whether limitations around data append and first parties 2012-10-03 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-172 (edit)
user-education
PENDING REVIEW How should user agents be required to provide information about DNT? 2012-10-03 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-175 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Have an appendix of best practices? 2012-10-04 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-188 (edit)
unlinkable-deidentified
PENDING REVIEW Definition of de-identified (or previously, unlinkable) data 2012-11-14 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-194 (edit)
user-consent
PENDING REVIEW How should we ensure consent of users for DNT inputs? 2013-04-10 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-196 (edit) PENDING REVIEW What compliance requirements apply when a signal has been disregarded? 2013-05-07 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-201 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Interplay between UGE and out of band consent 2013-06-12 Compliance Next 0
ISSUE-202 (edit)
geolocation
PENDING REVIEW Limitations on geolocation by third parties 2013-06-22 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-203 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Use of "tracking" in third-party compliance 2013-06-24 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-205 (edit) PENDING REVIEW user agent compliance requirements; connections to TPE 2013-06-26 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-206 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Service Provider name and requirements 2013-06-26 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-207 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Conditions for dis-regarding (or not) DNT signals 2013-06-26 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-209 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Description of scope of specification 2013-06-27 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-210 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Interaction with existing privacy controls 2013-06-27 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-218 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Data that is out of scope 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-219 (edit)
Context separation
PENDING REVIEW Limitations on use in a 3rd party context of data collected in a 1st party context 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-221 (edit)
Context
PENDING REVIEW Define collection and use by context rather than party 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-222 (edit)
personalization
PENDING REVIEW Tailoring or customizing of content should be allowed under certain collection/use limitations 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-233 (edit)
Data Minimization
PENDING REVIEW Data Minimization, Retention and Transparency 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-234 (edit)
No Personalization
PENDING REVIEW Remove "No Personalization" section 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-235 (edit)
Auditability
PENDING REVIEW Auditability requirement in Reasonable Security section 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-236 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Profiling prohibition for frequency capping permitted use 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-237 (edit)
Financial Logging
PENDING REVIEW Revise Financial Logging section 2013-10-02 Compliance Current 0
ISSUE-243 (edit) PENDING REVIEW origin/browsing context terminology 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-244 (edit) PENDING REVIEW priority of local legislation 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-245 (edit) PENDING REVIEW highlighting accessiblity in user interface guidelines 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-246 (edit) PENDING REVIEW terminology of user-granted exception vs. user-granted permission 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-247 (edit) PENDING REVIEW update HTTP draft references (httpbis) 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-248 (edit) PENDING REVIEW using Unicode notation in ABNF 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-249 (edit) PENDING REVIEW DNT-extension excludes should spell out control, space, double quote (or use Unicode code points) 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-250 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Non-ASCII not permitted in extensions 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-251 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Section title for 6.2.7 doesn't match earlier description 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-252 (edit) PENDING REVIEW IRI/non-ASCII not permitted 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-253 (edit) PENDING REVIEW Section 6.4.2: restriction to "URI-safe characters" 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-254 (edit) PENDING REVIEW public access devices in intermediaries text 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-255 (edit) PENDING REVIEW comments on doNotTrack property 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-256 (edit) PENDING REVIEW comments on exception APIs (asynchronous/promise/parameter names) 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-257 (edit) PENDING REVIEW ABNF to define a JSON based format 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-258 (edit) PENDING REVIEW automatic expiration of a tracking preference 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-259 (edit) PENDING REVIEW require public-facing statement of server response policy 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-260 (edit) PENDING REVIEW method for validating DNT signal from user 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-262 (edit) PENDING REVIEW guidance regarding server responses and timing 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-263 (edit) PENDING REVIEW restriction on use of data by user agents 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-264 (edit) PENDING REVIEW requirement on UAs for setting cookies 2014-07-13 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-266 (edit) PENDING REVIEW automatic expiration of a tracking preference exception via API parameter 2014-09-25 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-267 (edit) PENDING REVIEW registration of DNT/Tk header fields and ./well-known/dnt URI 2014-10-21 TPE Last Call 0
ISSUE-268 (edit) PENDING REVIEW "does not override regulatory terminology" 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-269 (edit) PENDING REVIEW interpretation of dnt:0/unset 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-270 (edit) PENDING REVIEW deidentification and compliance with regulations 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-271 (edit) PENDING REVIEW out of band consent and specified purpose 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-272 (edit) PENDING REVIEW first- and third-party interactions 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-273 (edit) PENDING REVIEW particular mechanisms for tracking 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-274 (edit) PENDING REVIEW permitted uses: frequency capping and ad display auditing 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-275 (edit) PENDING REVIEW length of retention periods 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-276 (edit) PENDING REVIEW normativity of graduated response language 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-277 (edit) PENDING REVIEW default to DNT:1? 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-278 (edit) PENDING REVIEW repeating comments from TPE Last Call 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0
ISSUE-279 (edit) PENDING REVIEW word count? 2015-11-06 TCS Last Call 0

Matthias Schunter <matthias.schunter@intel.com>, Chair, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: agenda.php,v 1.62 2012/05/30 19:40:48 brett Exp $