Welcome to the Digital Offers Community Group, whose mission is to improve E-Commerce on the Web by making it easier and more secure for all actors in the ecosystem to manage, distribute, use, and settle digital offers, including coupons, vouchers, rewards, and loyalty programs. This Community Group grew out of the Digital Offers Task Force of the Web Payments Interest Group.
Who Should Join this Group
We welcome all participants and seek participation specifically from these stakeholders:
- Merchants and merchant associations
- Consumer packaged goods (CPGs) companies that distribute coupons
- Coupon aggregators
- Digital wallet / payment app developers
- Payment solution providers (e.g., POS vendors, shopping cart providers)
- Standards bodies involved in digital offers (e.g., ARTS, Conexxus, GS1, JICC)
What the Group Will Do Initially
A draft charter describes the initial expectations about the group’s scope of work and deliverables. In the first weeks of the group, participants will review, amend, and support their charter.
In addition, the Digital Offers Task Force drafted initial discussion topics.
The Community Group held its first teleconference on 4 November 2016 at 11am ET. During the meeting the participants reviewed the draft charter and the initial discussion topics. Subsequent teleconferences were held in November and December.
The minutes for all meetings are posted to the mailing list for this group.
The minutes below give further details.
- minutes for January 9
- minutes for January 30
- minutes for February 6
- minutes for February 13
- minutes for February 27
- minutes for the March 22 Web Payments IG meeting, digital offers
- minutes for May 8
Next Teleconference: 19 June at 3:00 GMT (11:00AM EDT US)
During meetings the participants will continue to review the initial discussion topics. Clarifying use cases, prioritizing them, and approving them is the main topic for the meetings.
The use cases were summarized for the Web Payments IG meeting in March.
There is an open call for review on the use cases. Please indicate your preferences.
For this meeting we will also discuss the following topics:
- Are Metrics Use Cases required?
- Should we investigate Schema.org/Offer data structures for reuse in Digital Offers?