Digital Offers CG

19 Jun 2017

See also: IRC log


dezell, leslie_springer


<scribe> Scribe: Ian

Recent progress

IJ: Would you be able to share your recent conversations


* Steven Goforth, Inmar

(IJ had spoken with CardLinx)

scribe: steven has answered the questionnaire and is working with others at Inmar to get feedback.

* Jean-Yves Rossi

scribe: he is looking for someone from his team to participate in this effort

* Bob Burke, Coupon Media

scribe: call including Leslie Springer


scribe: Leslie and Bob were filling out questionnaire

Leslie: I spoke with Hubert Williams
... about disseminating information within Maverik
... and introducing the survey to on the conexxus call tomorrow

dezell: I am also planning to speak with Jenny Bullard
... Linda was also planning to speak with Lauri Martin (who has joined the CG; Coca Cola)

IJ: I spoke with Leif Baradoy

(from lightrail)

IJ: Interesting discussion about stored value interoperability. I plan to continue to work with leif (who is not able to attend this call but in the CG)
... I am also trying to loop Apple back into the conversation

Leslie: I can put you in touch with people on the fuel

<dezell> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/images/3/31/DigitalOffers-MetricsUseCases.pptx

<dezell> https://www.w3.org/Payments/IG/wiki/images/d/d5/DigitalOffers-Schema.org.pptx


dezell: At schema.org there has been some work on creating a digital offers vocabulary

IJ: I thought there was not traction at the IG to take up vocabulary work.
... I do think it's useful to be aware of other efforts.

leslie: We had to constantly clarify in another group the difference between a digital offer and a coupon...
... I think some clarity about what a digital offer is would be beneficial to the conexxus group

IJ: Do you think we should be working on a vocabulary or is this just a heads-up?

dezell: I am not sure whether we should or should not

IJ: I don't think we need a lot of discussion of this yet since we don't know what problem we want to prioritize solving.

dezell: it also helps people to understand what they are not doing



dezell: Metrics may be an important set of use case

IJ: https://www.w3.org/community/digitaloffers/wiki/Discussion_Topics
... Metrics does not feel like a use case to me. Rather, a property of a solution to a user flow use case.

dezell: If I am a merchant, I want to know how many people my offer "resonated" with
... important to know about more than just redemption rates.

Next meeting

dezell: Please pencil in 10 July

bob: I am not sure how to integrate metrics into the use cases...but it is important how the user interacts with the offer
... whether they are derived requirements or non-functional requirements, you need to account for them.

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.152 (CVS log)
$Date: 2017/06/19 15:51:26 $