The Web Payments Interest Group meets in Chicago on 22 March. On its agenda: priorities for 2017. We will discuss:
- How to raise awareness among regulators globally about W3C’s work, and help ensure that deliverables align with existing and emerging regulations
- Automotive payments use cases
- Digital offers (coupons, loyalty, etc.) and digital receipts
- Improving payment security on the Web
- Web payments using mobile money (in cooperation with GSMA)
I look forward to the discussion and reconnecting with colleagues!
Digital Offers are an essential component in commerce on-line, sharing characteristics of Digital Marketing and of traditional incentives such as Loyalty and Coupons. A Task Force associated with the Web Payments Interest Group has been examining some scenarios to determine opportunities to make it easier and more secure for all actors in the ecosystem to manage, distribute, use, and settle digital offers.
On November 4, the first meeting of the Digital Offers Community Group was held to begin work on identifying standardization opportunities for W3C. The Community Group, being chaired by Linda Toth of Conexxus, includes members of the web development community, as well as merchant groups and coupon industry professionals. The Community Group is evaluating problem statements and use cases, including a set of initial discussion topics.
Please consider joining the Community Group; more information is available in the draft charter as well.