socialwg Teleconf 2015-04-07
Tuesdays at 10am US/Pacific, 1pm US/Eastern time for 90 minutes
- Check your timezone
- Dial-in +1-617-761-6200 , SIP Instructions, Zakim Code "SOCL"
- 1 Previous Meeting
- 2 Minutes
- 3 Agenda
- 3.1 Preamble
- 3.2 Admin
- 3.3 Tracking of Actions and Issues
- 3.4 Activity Streams 2.0
- 3.5 Social API
- 3.6 ActivityPump call for help
- 3.7 WG+IG Workflows
- 3.8 Coordination with IG
- 3.9 Additional Agenda Items
- socialwg/2015-04-07-minutes (pending meeting completion and scribe update)
- IRC log: http://socialwg.indiewebcamp.com/irc/social/2015-04-07
- Chair: Arnaud
- (put your name here)
Chair to start the meeting by typing on irc:
trackbot, start meeting
Trackbot should already be on the channel but if for some reason it is not call it with the following command:
Zakim won't know what meeting it is. Just ignore it. Pick a scribe from the list or ask Zakim to pick one up with the following command:
Zakim, pick a victim
Unfortunately Zakim has no idea who's scribed before so you may have to ask several times before getting an acceptable answer...
Also, with WebEx, Zakim doesn't know who is on the call so, as people join they should record their attendance with the command: present+ <nickname>
For additional info, see the Zakim documentation page.
- Participation is limited to members
Approval of Minutes of 31 March 2015 Teleconf
everyone who answered Yes in pool, please add yourself to participants list on a wiki! http://doodle.com/8fa27m9ryx6d26rb
Next Next F2F
- TPAC2015 is 2015-10-26…30 in Sapporo, JP.
- PROPOSAL: Meet 2015-10-29…30 (ThF) at TPAC2015.
- Avoid MT as it conflicts with CSS
- additional request: avoid WebApps conflict (they haven't chosen their TPAC days yet).
Tracking of Actions and Issues
- Tracker: http://www.w3.org/Social/track/
Activity Streams 2.0
- ISSUE-16 better separate grammar/vocabulary and improved spec structure — Pavlik elf (talk) 10:10, 15 March 2015 (UTC)
- ISSUE-13 Which activity types are built into AS2, and how are they defined/structured?
- PROPOSAL: WG focus on Core 'grammar' while IG Vocabulary TF + various CGs focus on domain specific 'vocabularies' 
- Moving non-core vocabulary to IG? What is "core"? Harry Halpin
- Discuss Schema.org extension mechanism and xAPI (adlnet.gov) extensions requirements for Communities of Practice
- ISSUE-36 Role and evolution of recommended JSON-LD contexts — Pavlik elf (talk) 14:32, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
- PROPOSAL: Open raised issues ISSUE-26-36
- James's email
- ISSUE-26, Representing Profiles (James)
- ISSUE-27, Representing Changs to Profiles, (James)
- ISSUE-28, Remodel "Connect" and "FriendRequest" or remove them, (James)
- ISSUE-29, Removing Activity Types not used by User Stories, (James)
- ISSUE-30, Deprecate "actor" in favor of "attributedTo", (James)
- ISSUE-31, Refactor "target", "origin" and audience targeting, (James)
- ISSUE-32, Deprecate "generator" and "provider" (James)
- ISSUE-33, Deprecate or remove the "rating" property (James)
- ISSUE-34, Context vs Motivation (James)
- ISSUE-35, Simplify the Actor Types (see Issue-17 also) (James)
- ISSUE-36, Leveraging JSON-LD context vs. RDF vocabulary (elf). Specifically, do we want to leverage JSON-LD mechanisms for reverse properties. There are inherent complexities with this approach when working strictly with the JSON-LD expanded form.
- PROPOSAL: Close the following issues: ISSUE-4, ISSUE-7, ISSUE-12, ISSUE-14, ISSUE-15, ISSUE-20
- James's email
- ISSUE-4 - Explicit typing or support implicit typing - Already addressed in current draft
- ISSUE-7 - Are AS consumers required to understand the pre-JSON-LD syntax - Already addressed in current draft
- ISSUE-12 - Action Types Structure and Processing Model - it was decided already that RDF style reasoning should be supported but not required.
- ISSUE-14 - as:Link complexity - the spec already includes language that deals with the relationship between as:Link and as:Object and how they relate to one another. If there are specific suggestions to improve the language, then ok. If the proposal is to remove as:Link, then it ought to be a specific proposal to remove as:Link
- ISSUE-15 - AS2.0 vocab duplicating microformats.org and schema.org efforts - microformats and schema.org are not normative dependencies for AS2.0. Some duplication is ok and ought to be expected.
- ISSUE-20 - Support JSON Text Sequences? - out of scope, recommend first seeing if there are ways of having JSON-LD generically support JSON Text Sequences
- ISSUE-10 Need candidates for social api — Pavlik elf (talk) 14:32, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
- ACTION-58 Setup tracking of candidate demos which showcase User Stories implementations
- formal feasibility of http://indiewebcamp.com/micropub
ActivityPump call for help
See the newly forked standard page and the mailing list thread
- History of the ActivityPump spec (and relation to the pump api)
- What needs to be done
- How to help!
Closing WG agenda on Friday
PROPOSAL: wiki page for n+1 meeting already exists during n meeting, we prepare agenda together Tue-Fri and chair of the meeting closes it on Friday. This gives everyone at least one full day to prepare prior to the meeting — Pavlik elf (talk) 14:42, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
W3C github orga and Social team
- ACTION-52 Discuss re github — Pavlik elf (talk) 14:32, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
Coordination with IG
- Use Case TF - works on clarifying User Stories with Minor Objections https://github.com/w3c-social/soc-ucr/labels/User%20Story
- Vocabulary TF - works on extracting Vocabulary requirements from User Stories Socialig/Vocabulary_TF/Mapping_API_User_Stories_to_Vocabulary_terms
Additional Agenda Items
DO NOT REMOVE THIS Additional Agenda Items SECTION, add more agenda items here (or in a NEW === section === previous to this section)
back to socialwg