Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.


EOWG F2F October 2018

From Education & Outreach
Jump to: navigation, search

Logistics

Dates: 22-23 October 2018

Meeting location:
Cité Centre de Congrès de Lyon
50, quai Charles de Gaulle
69463 Lyon Cedex 06
France
Tel: +33 4 72 82 26 26

Meeting Room: Saint Clair 4, Level 2 - Saint-Clair

Observers are welcome.

TPAC main page

8:00 AM: Registration opens - Terreaux Hall, Level 0 - Terreaux
Note: coffee will only be available during breaks

Teleconference Connection

Connect via Webex (W3C account needed to view page). We keep a conference line open during both days from around 8:30 am till the end of the day on both days. Ping `yatil` on IRC if you need help.

Review Before Meeting

EOWG Current Work

For Monday

For Tuesday

Agenda

Note: Links to resources are in Review Before Meeting above.

Monday 22 October 2018

  • 8:00 - 8:30 AM: Welcome and Greetings
  • 8:30 AM: Meeting begins
  • 8:30 - 9:10 AM: Tutorial update and next steps
  • 9:10 - 9:20 AM WAI-Guide Project Introduction
  • 9:20 - 10:20 AM Web Accessibility Curricula
  • 10:20 - 10:40 AM coffee break (Place Haute, Level 1 - Rhône Pasteur)
  • 10:40 - noon Web Accessibility Curricula continued
  • noon - 1:00 PM lunch (Forum 3, Level -2, Forums)
  • 1:00 - 2:00 PM co-meeting with ARIA (chairs, staff - others optional)
  • 2:00 - 3:00 PM Industry-specific guidance - proposal for 1. "portal page" 2. additions to existing EOWG docs
    • Online Learning
    • Digital Publishing
    • Authoring Tools (some integrated with online learning & digital publishing, and some separate)
    • Other brainstorms? Priorities?
  • 3:00 - 3:20 PM coffee break (Place Haute, Level 1 - Rhône Pasteur)
  • 3:20 - 4:00 PM Video material brainstorms
  • 4:00 - 5:00 PM Outreach
    • WAI-Guide
    • Authoring Tools
  • 5:00 - 5:30 PM: Wrap-up , review Tuesday agenda

Optional Group dinner

Date: Monday 22 October

Time: 7:30 pm

Location: Brasserie des Brotteaux

Confirmed attendance:

  • Sharron
  • Vicki
  • Kris Anne and Jonathan
  • Brent and Sara
  • Chris
  • Amanda
  • Vivienne
  • Mary Jo
  • Sylvie and Audrey

Tuesday 23 October 2018

Note: Links to resources are in Review Before Meeting above.

  • 8:00 - 8:30 AM: Welcome and Greetings
  • 8:30 AM: Meeting begins
  • 8:30 - 9:00 AM: Debrief from Monday, tie up any loose ends
  • 9:00 - 10:00 AM UI Components
    • past issue review
    • proposed approach
    • related future work on authoring tools under WAI-Guide
  • 10:00 - 10:20 AM coffee break (Place Haute, Level 1 - Rhône Pasteur)
  • 10:20 - 11:00 Silver TF co-meeting
    • Contributing the testing the Silver prototypes
    • The relationship between Silver and EO content
    • Discussion of EO contributing to Silver content (longterm)
  • 11:00 - 12:00 Debrief on Silver / continue Understanding Docs work
  • noon - 12:20 PM Debrief Silver
  • 12:30 – 1:00 PM Understanding Doc (with AG)
  • 1:00 - 2:00 PM lunch (Forum 3, Level -2, Forums)
  • 2:00 - 3:00 PM Review of Easy Checks, assess for change list
  • 3:00 - 3:20 PM coffee break (Place Haute, Level 1 - Rhône Pasteur)
  • 3:20 - 4:00 PM Translations
  • 4:00 - 5:15 PM EOWG Outreach - general planning
    • what resources need outreach attention
    • how to do it
    • how to document
    • how to measure
  • 5:15 - 5:30 PM: Wrap Up

Participation

Expected participation in F2F survey

Attending in person

Attending Monday and Tuesday:

  • Brent Bakken
  • Sylvie Duchateau
  • Chris O'Brien
  • Kris Anne Kinney
  • Vicki Menezes Miller
  • Eric Eggert
  • Stephane Deschamps
  • Shadi Abou-Zahra
  • Sharron Rush
  • Amanda Mace
  • Vivienne Conway

Attending Monday only:

  • Mary Jo Mueller - I will be involved in a joint AGWG + ACT TF meeting (need to confirm the day and time, as it was originally scheduled for Tues. morning but Shadi had a conflict so we are trying to get an hour with them on Monday.)

Attending Tuesday only:

By phone

  • Shawn - afternoons France time.

Cannot participate

  • Andrew (unlikely to be able to travel)
  • Laura
  • Howard (would love to go but too close to AHG)
  • Sarah Pulis





Meeting Summary

Attendees

Monday

Tutorials

Tuesday

Archive: Planning

Ideas for topics

  • Accessibility Statements - *if* need more discussion from surveys (Shadi leading)
  • WAI Curricula (90 minutes - 1/2 day) - start planning how these could look like (Shadi leading) {SLH: High priority as we're likely to have resources to get going on this in early 2019}
  • Video materials (60-90 minutes) - brainstorm wishlist for video-based resources (Shadi leading) [Shawn requests afternoon in agenda] {SLH: High priority as we're likely to have resources to get going on this in early 2019}
  • Outreach activities (60+ minutes. need planning from chairs, with Shadi) (Brent & Sharron leading) [Shawn requests afternoon in agenda] {SLH: What specific topics for discussion and outcomes for action items?}
    • Authoring tools outreach - brainstorm outreach approaches and materials (Shadi leading) {SLH: as I understand it, we'll likely have resources to pursue this. Shadi , when do you see getting to this?}
  • Understanding WCAG 2.1 SC doc edits (Brent & Norah leading) {SLH: Maybe take advantage of people being f2f to do some small group, focused work on these and get a few more done or at least moved along?}
  • ARIA co-meeting (https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/806#issuecomment-421029850) [Shawn requests afternoon in agenda, if feasible] {SLH: Important to discuss; although maybe better for Chairs & Team to discuss first before taking time of all of both WGs?}
  • Publishing WG co-meeting - [Shawn requests afternoon in agenda] {SLH: Good to meet with Accessibility TF, probably not good use of time for whole Publishing WG and EOWG to meet}
  • Silver co-meeting - {SLH +1 if specific agenda items for focused, fruitful discussion}
  • Tutorials - Next steps (Eric leading) {SLH: What for EOWG discussion at F2F?}
  • translations — probably will have a little we can discuss, although does not need to be at TPAC (Shawn) [Shawn requests afternoon in agenda]
  • AccessLearn CG co-meeting - {SLH thinks not at TPAC}
  • Personalization co-meeting - {SLH: topics?}
  • UI Components List (Eric & Shadi leading) {SLH: *if* this was next on priority list, then would be good to get EOWG up-to-speed on past issues, proposed approach, and related future work — but sounds like it's not}
  • Easy Checks - Next Gen (Eric) - {SLH: Not sure there's anything to discuss at this point, nor that it is the next project on the priority list?}