The Social Web Community Group met on September 12th in a hybrid W3C TPAC session, and in subsequent sessions on September 13th concerning ActivityPub test suite development and data portability.
We have scheduled a meeting for Friday, September 22nd to follow on from discussions during the meetings held at TPAC.
The meeting will be at 9am ET / 2pm UK / 6am PT, and hosted at https://meet.jit.si/social-web-cg.
The rough agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introductions (optional) and community announcements
- IP Protection Note Reminder: (a) Anyone can participate in these calls. However, all substantive contributors to any CG Work Items must be members of the CG with full IPR agreements signed, and (b); To contribute to Work Items: ensure you have a W3 account, and sign the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
- A discussion on rechartering a W3C Social Web Working Group (WG), and whether there is broad community interest in doing so.
- Discussion to start a data portability task force that would focus on social web data portability (particularly with regard to ActivityPub), and the scope thereof (if time allows, otherwise this will be pushed to the next meeting).
- Any other business.
All interested Community Group members are encouraged to attend the meeting. During the call, minutes will be taken by the appointed scribe and distributed after the meeting, as usual.
If you have any other business to propose, please contact the Chairs.
If you would like to review the meeting notes from TPAC, you can do so from the following links:
- SWICG group meeting: https://www.w3.org/2023/09/12-social-minutes.html
- Data portability meeting: https://www.w3.org/2023/09/13-social-minutes.html
- Test suite meeting: https://www.w3.org/2023/09/13-socialweb-test-suite-minutes.html
This note was originally posted on the mailing list but not propagated up here. The Chairs apologize for the delay in posting here.Edits have been made per feedback from the community.