There are regular weekly SVG teleconferences. Each telcon lasts one hour.
Times current as of 7th April 2016.
|UTC||Pacific US/Canada||Central US/Canada||Eastern US/Canada||UK||Central Europe||Japan||E. Australia|
See the W3C Teleconference page. Note that the reference timezone for the telcon is EST, which is important to know when daylight savings time changes. Check e.g timeanddate.com to see what that translates to in your timezone.
Phone: +1-617-324-0000 (access code: 649 040 824)
IRC for minutes/discussion: #svg on irc.w3.org, port 6665
WebEx logistics: https://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/WebEx
Minutes are taken on a rotating schedule (ie. the person who took minutes most recently should be the least likely candidate for the next meeting Minutes Archive.
You are encouraged to take minutes on IRC, using the "#svg" channel on irc.w3.org:6665. You can use a dedicated IRC client, or W3C's browser-based CGI interface.
In order to get automatic logging you need to tell trackbot to start the telcon:
trackbot, start telcon. Trackbot in turn invites rrsagent which does logging and makes minutes, and zakim, which does bridge and agenda management. To wind up a telcon and make minutes, type
trackbot, end telcon (which in turn will issue the commands
zakim, bye and then
rrsagent, make minutes).
RRSAgent will give a url to the minutes, copy the url and append ",text" to it, load it and copy the text output into an email. Copy the original url that RRSAgent provided, add that to the mail too. Then send the mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org, using a subjectline that includes the meeting type and date. For a complete example, see e.g http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2009AprJun/0141.html.
F2F Meeting Information
- Amsterdam, Netherlands, 20 - 22 June, 2016 (Following the [CSS Day conference])
- Exeter, UK?, Late October or early November 2016 (Tentative plan to meet around the Graphical Web)
Here are some conferences that we might share attendance with:
- TPAC: 19-23 September 2016, Lisbon, Portugal.
- The Graphical Web: November 1st-4th, 2016, Exeter, UK.
- FFConf: 10th-11th, 2016, Brighton, UK
- Libre Graphic Meeting: last half of April or May, 2017, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil .
There are several holidays that may affect various participants:
- Passover (begins at sunset on first day): 22-30 April 2016, 10-18 April 2017, 30 March-4 April 2018.
- Easter: Sunday, 27 March 2016, 16 April 2017, 1 April 2018.
- Halloween: 31 October, every year.
See the F2F category page for a complete listing of the past F2F meetings.
- London, UK, 20 - 22 April, 2016 (Following the Libre Graphics Meet)
- Sydney, Australia, 4 - 6 Feb, 2016 (Co-located with CSS Houdini on 30–31 January, and CSS WG on 1–3 February)
- Paris, France, 24-27 Aug 2015 (Co-located with CSS WG and CSS Houdini)
- Linköping, Sweden, 9-12 June 2015
- Sydney, Australia, 11-14 Feb 2015. Co-located with CSS WG 9-11 Feb.
- Santa Clara, at TPAC, 27-31 Oct 2014
- London, UK 22,23,25,26 August 2014
- Leipzig, Germany 7-10 April 2014 (After LGM)
- Seattle, USA 29 January 2014 half day with CSSWG, 30-31 January 2014 SVG WG
- TPAC 2013 TPAC (11-15 November), Shenzhen, China.
- Tokyo, 3-5 June co-located with CSS WG (5 June is a joint meeting) and hosted by Mozilla Japan. CSS meets: 5-7 June 2013. AC meeting is also in Tokyo from 9-11 June.
- Sydney, Australia, 3-7 February 2013
- Zürich, Switzerland, 17-19 September, 2012
- Seattle, USA, 23-25 July, 2012
- Hamburg, Germany, 7 - 9 May, 2012
- Sydney, Australia, 11 - 14 January, 2012
- TPAC - Santa Clara, California, USA, 27-28 October and 3-4 November 2011
- SVG Open - Cambridge, MA, USA, 20 October 2011
- Seattle, USA, 25 July - 29 July 2011
- Auckland, New Zealand, 28 February - 4 March 2011
- TPAC 2010, Lyon, France: 1-5 November 2010 (tpac2010 Agenda)
- Paris, France: 3-8 September 2010
- Collocated with SVG Open 2010: 30 August - 2 September 2010, Paris, France
- Brussels, Belgium F2F: Preliminary F2F dates: May 24 - 26 and May 31 - June 1 (hosted by Microsoft), with May 31 as an open F2F meeting with Libre Graphics community
- Collocated with Libre Graphics Meeting 2010 (May 27-30, 2010)
California, USA: SVG DOM API Summit, April 1-2Canceled to scheduling conflicts
Collocated with cross-group meeting, March 29-31
- SVGOpen, Mountain View, CA, USA, October 2009
- Chapel Hill, NC, USA, June 2009
- SydneyF2F2009, 16 February to 20 February 2009, in Sydney, Australia
- TPAC Mandelieu 2008, 20 October to 24 October 2008, in Mandelieu, France
- Ottawa Test Fest 2008, 29 September to 2 October 2008, in Ottawa, Canada
- Nuremburg F2F 2008, 21-24 August 2008, in Nuremburg (co-located with SVG Open on 26-29 August)
- SophiaAntipolisF2F2008, May 19-23 2008
- SydneyF2F2008, February 11-15 2008
- ZurichF2F2007, June 5-8 2007