Our community group will once again participate in W3C’s annual week-long technical gathering, better known as TPAC. We will host an introduction to our working document, “Capabilities Inventory,” discuss future directions for the document and how it can serve for useful guidance in the industry.
The document is already receiving attention and discussion online, such as in the web-a11y.slack.com community. It is also scheduled for discussion on the Accessibility Platform Architectures Working Group agenda, with the goal of better informing W3C’s specifications and guidance.
That’s why broad conversation in our breakout will give us a more realistic exposition of the problems and opportunities. Meeting details:
13 September 2023, 09:30–10:30 Central European Summer Time
Participation is free, and does not require attending any other TPAC meetings.
Annual Review: Community Group’s Work on Accessibility in Overlay Technology
- Year-in-Review: Our Achievements
- Deep Dive: Guided Reading of the Capabilities Draft Report
- Getting on the Same Page: Terminology Discussion
- Looking Forward: Next Steps
- We’ll discuss the major milestones and progress we’ve made in the past year.
- Deep Dive:
- Highlighting Key Capabilities: Understand the capabilities present in COTS (commercial off the shelf) products. These are essential in evaluating and contrasting current technologies.
- Future Potential: We’ll discuss aspirational capabilities that hold promise for advancing accessibility, especially when implemented as edge technology.
- Getting on the Same Page:
Looking forward to an insightful session. See you there!