This Wiki page is edited by participants of the WCAG Working Group. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
From WCAG WG
- 1 Designing "Silver" has moved
- 1.1 This page is no longer maintained
- 1.2 Phase 1: Designing the Process
- 1.3 Phase 2: Designing "Silver"
- 1.4 Agendas and Minutes
- 1.5 Resources
- 1.6 Participants
- 1.7 Conference Call Information
Designing "Silver" has moved
Silver is the temporary project name for the project to examine and define the process for a future successor to WCAG, which may also incorporate guidance from other W3C Specifications such as UAAG, and ATAG. A subgroup of the WCAG WG is meeting to develop proposals to be presented to the WCAG WG for action going forward.
The Silver Task Force wiki has moved.Now that the Silver project is an official task force of the WCAG WG, there is a separate wiki. The wiki pages linked from this page for the Silver project are not maintained and are archival only.
This page is no longer maintained
See the Silver Task Force wiki for the latest information on the Silver project.
Phase 1: Designing the Process
Goals for Designing the Process (in progress)
Options Presented to WCAG WG for TPAC F2F (archive)
- Design Driven Option This is the group of methods best oriented toward producing the best research and data-driven decisions for the design of Silver.
- Faster Progress Option This is the group of methods best oriented toward producing Silver most expeditiously.
- Greatest Flexibility Option This is the group of methods that will provide a flexible design that will adapt to changing future needs.
- Lowest Cost/Minimum Resources Option This is the most constrained option, but may be the reality that we need to deal with.
- Comparing the Options - a table with a high level overview of the differences between the options.
- Process for designing the Process -- An overview of the Phases and Methods used as a structure for all the options.
- Email to the WCAG WG
- TPAC F2F Agenda
Brainstorming the Process (archive)
- Questions for Interviews and Survey
- Options for Process. (Google Doc) This is a master list of the all the ideas and methods brainstormed. It is duplicated in the Process for designing the Process wiki page.
- Process Option Matrix (Google spreadsheet) where the methods are categorized and ranked for applicability to the different option goals.
Phase 2: Designing "Silver"
Agendas and Minutes
- minutes of 18 November 2016
- minutes of 15 November 2016
- minutes of 21 October 2016
- Flipchart transcript from TPAC F2F presentation of 20 September 2016
- minutes of Silver presentation at the WCAG Face-to-Face meeting at TPAC 20 September 2016
- minutes of 16 September 2016
- minutes of 13 September 2016
- minutes of 09 September 2016
- minutes of 06 September 2016
- minutes of 02 September 2016
- minutes of 30 August 2016
- minutes of 26 August 2016
- minutes of 23 August 2016
- minutes of 19 August 2016
- minutes of 16 August 2016
- Silver Subgroup meeting minutes of 12 August 2016
- Silver Subgroup meeting minutes of 9 August 2016
- no meetings 2 August and 5 August
- minutes of 29 July 2016
- minutes of 26 July 2016
- minutes of 21 July 2016
- minutes of 19 July 2016
- Silver Subgroup meeting minutes of 13 July 2016
- WCAG_Next_Steps_Workshop - A proposal for designing WCAG.next that was not used in the development of 2.1 and was saved for future work.
- Jeanne Spellman (lead)
- Sarah Horton (UX and design facilitation)
- Shawn Lauriat (technical and user expertise)
- Michael Cooper (team contact)
- Andrew Kirkpatrick (WCAG co-chair)
Conference Call Information
[This information is no longer correct and has been removed.]
See the Silver Task Force Wiki for current conference call information.