Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussions pertaining to a prospective Working Group (WG). We have two announcements:
- Our next community meeting, and;
- An invitation to collaborate on scope for a prospective WG on the W3C wiki.
October 6th Meeting
We are scheduling a Community Group meeting for Friday, October 6th.
The meeting will be at 11am ET / 4pm UK / 8am PT, and hosted at https://meet.jit.si/social-web-cg.
The rough agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Introductions (optional) and community announcements.
- IP Protection Note Reminder: (a) Anyone can participate in these calls. However, all substantive contributors to any CG Work Items must be members of the CG with full IPR agreements signed, and (b); To contribute to Work Items: ensure you have a W3 account, and sign the W3C Community Contributor License Agreement (CLA).
- Discussion on a formal decision making process for the group, following on from community discussion.
- A discussion on scope for a prospective WG, following on from our previous CG meeting, discussions on the mailing list, and contributions to the wiki (see below for more information).
- Any other business.
Call to Contribute to Prospective WG Scope
The Chairs have created a new page on the W3C wiki to discuss the scope of a prospective WG: https://www.w3.org/wiki/SocialCG/WG_Charter_Discussion.
The wiki page is open to all CG members. You can log in with the same username and password you use for your W3C account. Please let the Chairs know via a private email if login doesn’t work so we can assist you directly.
WGs have the ability to create technical documents for consideration on the W3C Standards Track and to amend existing W3C Recommendations. The Chairs have created a “Deliverables” section in which we invite you to list any deliverables that you think are appropriate to include in a WG.
If you have further notes or comments about the WG Charter discussion, please leave them on the page so that we can aggregate as much information as possible in one place.