W3C has launched the Open Linked Education Community Group
Pearson initiates this community group proposal with the W3C with the goal of facilitating and creating a curated subset of Wikipedia data that can be used for tagging educational content.
• Build a SUBJECT database from a curated subset of Wikipedia (DBpedia) that can be used by institutions, instructors, and students, to tag educational resources.
• Create a website presence similar to OpenCorporates (http://opencorporates.com/) with API’s for reconciling with Google Refine. Provide tutorials on how to use Google Refine to access the datasets. Make access to the data easy.
• Build relations and bridges to at least 3 existing open linked datasets.
• Provide SPARQL endpoints for data
• Prepare and built out to 5-Star linked data (RDF/XML/JSON/schema.org)
This group was originally proposed on 2013-03-20 by Madi Solomon. The following people supported its creation: Madi Solomon, Raphaël Troncy, Fabien Gandon, Alexandre Monnin, Mari Carmen Suarez-Figueroa.
If you believe that there is an issue with this group that requires the attention of the W3C staff, please send us email on email@example.com
W3C Community Development Team