From W3C Wiki
< TPAC‎ | 2017

We encourage attendees to start brainstorming TPAC/2017 Wednesday Technical Plenary Day Breakout sessions in advance of the meeting.

The sessions that will make it will be in the Session Grid, as well as minutes and summaries

See the TPAC 2017 FAQ for more information.

How to use this page

Please use this page to:

  • Propose sessions you wish you lead
  • Propose sessions you wish others to lead (it's a good idea to let them know ahead of time)
  • Indicate whether you plan to attend a session (helps with scheduling)
  • Please place new proposal at the bottom of this document

How to propose a session

Please provide:

    • session name (as a === subhead === )
    • session proposer (yourself, if so sign using 4 tildas; optional: name a desired session leader)
    • one sentence session summary
    • type of session: (e.g.: talk, panel, open discussion, etc.)
    • goals of session
    • additional speakers/panelists

From an idea to a breakout

Breakout preparation (also known as the 'mad scramble') takes place Wednesday 8 November at 09:00-10:00.

The sessions that will make it will be in the Session Grid, as well as minutes and summaries

Proposed sessions

EXAMPLE session

  • Proposer: ~~~~ (The 4 tildas will sign your name and include a timestamp of your proposal.)
  • Summary:
  • Type of session:
  • Goals:

Polyfills, Ponyfills, Prollyfills, elements and APIs (oh my!)

  • Proposer: Andrew Betts (talk) 03:41, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: The TAG issued a finding on | Polyfills and the evolution of the web earlier this year. We have been asked to consider whether the finding needs to expand to cover *elements* in more detail, and also whether the TAG's rejection of the trend for non-words and portmanteaus in the naming of web platform concepts needs to be more effectively communicated. We need to use terminology that is accessible, and presents the lowest possible learning curve for new users and non-native-English-speakers. We'd like to discuss how the web community should approach polyfills and if the TAG should take further steps to help guide that.
  • Type of session: Open discussion
  • Goals: A better approach to the use of polyfills on the web
  • Minutes

MDN & W3C collaboration

Note: this session cannot conflict with the technical demo session

  • Proposer: Dominique Hazaël-Massieux (talk) 14:15, 30 October 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: W3C joined the recently announced Product Advisory Board of MDN Web Docs. In this session, we propose to discuss and brainstorm on how the workflows of defining and documenting Web technologies could work better together.
  • Type of session: Discussion & brainstorming
  • Goals: Identify opportunities for collaboration between MDN documentation & W3C standardization workflows

Device APIs session

Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group session

  • Proposer: Linda van den Brink
  • Summary: Discussion of the scope and initial priorities for the newly created Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group
  • Type of session:
  • Goals: The mission of the Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group is to develop and maintain vocabularies and best practices that encourage better sharing of spatial data on the Web; and identify areas where standards should be developed jointly by both W3C and the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). The Spatial Data on the Web Interest Group is a W3C entity matched by a sub-committee of OGC's Technical Committee. Collectively, the two comprise the Joint W3C/OGC Organizing Committee, the JWOC. The Interest Group follows the footsteps of the eponimous Spatial Data on the Web Working Group that developed Spatial Data on the Web Best Practices, the Time Ontology in OWL, the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology and a few other deliverables. The goal of this session is to present the Interest Group, and to gather feedback from interested parties about initial priorities for the group.

Publication, TR pages and design session

  • Proposer: PLH
  • Summary: An update on TR design and our TR pages management. We're automatically outdating W3C drafts, we're trying to obsolete old Recommendations, we're changing our latest versions links, and we'd like to revamp the TR page.
  • Type of session: short talk, open discussion
  • Goals: Gather feedback on the recent and upcoming changes and prioritize the new steps.

Getting into the TAG / AB!

  • Proposer: Natasha Rooney, Sangwhan Moon
  • Summary: In this session TAG and AB members will give an overview on what it takes and means to be in the Technical Architecture Group and the Advisory Board. We’ll give an overview of both the TAG and AB and the roles of their members, we’ll touch on the election / appointment process and then discuss what you can do to progress to become a member! We’ll have a closing Q&A session, for you to ask any questions about joining the TAG / AB.
  • Type of session: Short talks, q&a
  • Goals: Find the new TAG and AB members of the future!

3DS 2.0, Web Authentication, and Payment Request

Note: We are aiming to hold this session from 3:30-4:30 (based on people's travel and availability)

Web Authentication in conjunction with tokenization and Payment Request API raise the possibility of streamlining checkout and increasing security. What is the relationship to 3DS 2.0 flows? Is it possible to achieve liability shift with fewer user interactions?

Note: the Web Payments Working Group will start a conversation at its meeting the day before. We expect to continue the conversation on Wednesday in order to include more people.

IRC: #3ds

by Ian Jacobs

Security and Payments for the Internet of Things

Note: We are aiming to hold this session from 11:00-noon; this session must not conflict with the Web of Things demo session.

At the discussion we will discuss:

Note: we would like to get people from the Web of Things Working Group, the Web Commerce IG, and the Web Authentication WG in the same room.

IRC: #iotpay

by Ian Jacobs and Michael McCool

Positive Work Environment Task Force session

Amy van der Hiel (talk) 14:18, 6 October 2017 (UTC) and Ann Bassetti

  • Meetings and WG Best Practices and other community concerns
  • open discussion
  • goals: to discuss and get feedback on Meetings and WG BP as well as any other concerns in the community (suggestions welcome upon sign up)

W3C Stories

  • Minutes:
  • IRC: #stories
  • Proposers: Mike Smith, Xueyuan Jia
  • Summary: What's your vision of the Web for 2020 and beyond? Join this session to share your stories about problems you want to solve for people using the Web, and stories in which you imagine a future when people have good solutions to those problems — through the help of new Web technologies you’ve contributed to the development of at the W3C.
  • Goals: We all have stories to tell about the work we do and the problems we want to solve for people; hence in this session let’s get together to listen, to share, to communicate, and to identify common problems in need of solutions — and also to start identifying what the key “ingredients” of our post-HTML5 work together are that will help us solve those problems.
  • Type of session: Open discussion. Be prepared to tell a story about at least one problem that people have with the Web today which you aspire to help solve with W3C technologies. It could be a problem your organization is facing — and that your organization is already working on trying to solve for your users and your users’ communities — or even, for example, a larger problem with the Web that your family, loved ones, friends, etc., face.
  • Steps to share your stories:
    • Give details about the work you and your organization are involved in on specific technologies at the W3C.
    • Describe the problems you seek to help solve for users of the Web.
    • Talk about your hopes for what you want the Web to be like in 2020 and beyond.
  • Questions to form your stories/problems:
    • What do you see/think is not working well on the Web now?
    • What are the biggest user/customer problems/needs that you and your organization are currently trying to address?
    • What Web technologies are helping you address the problems and needs you’ve identified — and what new Web technologies do you anticipate to help address those problems/needs?
    • What kind of Web do you want to have in 2020 and beyond? In what ways do you want the Web of 2020 and beyond to be better for people than the Web we have now?
    • etc.
  • Model to start with: The presenters will share details about work they’ve been doing to gather stories about problems that WebAssembly can help solve — with the expectation that during the rest of the session, all the participants in the session will consider together other major areas of innovation we have going on at the W3C and how they fit together, and how we can consider those in terms of the problems they solve for real people, and the needs they address for real people.


There is also a session on Tuesday dedicated to testing, which is expected to go deeper into the details about what we need.

Cross-browser interoperability testing

  • Proposer: Huib Kleinhout - Google
  • Summary: Presentation and discussion of WebRTC connection tests between browsers using a new test tool KITE
  • Type of session: Presentation and discussion
  • Goals: Demonstrate and discuss testing of Web Platform features that are interfacing with complex systems. Gather feedback and ideas for further development of testing tools.

A Vision for a Self-Sovereign Web

  • Proposer: Manu Sporny
  • Summary: Describe the Self-Sovereign Web (one where we control our identifiers, our data, and our financial well being). Explain how technologies being incubated at W3C such as Verifiable Claims, Web Payments, Decentralized Identifiers, and the Credential Handler API fit together into building a better for humanity, and a more profitable economy for corporations. Get feedback from W3C community on Vision and if we are missing key aspects that W3C should also be working on.
  • Type of session: 20 minutes presentation of vision, 40 minutes discussion
  • Goals:
    • Introduce a compelling vision for where W3C technology intersects with the self-sovereign Web.
    • Determine if there is buy-in from the W3C Community (specifically, AC Reps), adjust if there are issues
    • Promote timeline for upcoming WG possibilities

Web Advertising Experience

Proposed leader: Liam Quin

How do we identify changes to be made to the Web Platform in the area of advertising?

Advert-driven Web sites are a reality and a big business. Users experience difficulties with tracking, with unpleasant interfaces, with inappropriate content, with expensive use of video bandwidth; Web publishers face difficulties with ads that prevent WCAG compliance or that slow down the site, with ads that don't blend, with reduced revenue as a result of ad blocking forcing ever more intrusive ads on other users; Ad networks face problems with fake click fraud, with measuring ad impressions, with targeting people who want on-topic ads but don't want to be tracked or identified; Browser vendors are blamed when malicious ads install viruses; Advertisers want their ads to be targeted and effective and not to be hated.

So how do we improve the user experience, the privacy, the security, while maintaining or increasing revenue flow?

Technical demo session

Note: this session is scheduled at 3:30pm in Cypress B

  • Proposer: Dominique Hazael-Massieux
  • Summary: Demos from various groups illustrating ongoing work in W3C
  • Type of session: Demos
  • Goals: An opportunity to discover what other W3C groups are working on and how that works intersect with other Web technologies.
  • When: This session will be scheduled during the last breakout slot of the day.

See the list of demos

Web of Things PlugFest Demos (Outreach@TPAC)

  • Proposer: Kaz Ashimura for the WoT WG/IG
  • Summary: We'd like to have two continous slots (e.g., 1-2pm and 2-3pm), and (1) present what "WoT PlugFest" is like during the first slot and (2) show actual WoT PlugFest demos during the second slot.
  • Type of session: Presentations (first slot) and Demos (second slot)
  • Goals: Show what is done by the WoT WG/IG to all the W3C Members and encourage people to collaborate with the group (and join the group :). This time we'd like to show an orchestrated version of PlugFest including various devices, controllers and applications based on the WoT specifications (=WoT Architecture, WoT Thing Description, WoT Scripting API and WoT Binding Templates). Please see also the PlugFest preparation repository on GitHub.

Note: The above is an initial draft and subject to be updated based on the groups' discussion.

JSON-LD 1.1 CG and Planning

  • Proposer: Rob Sanderson & Gregg Kellogg
  • Summary: Discuss the proposals for JSON-LD 1.1 in the CG, plus look at a timeline for a WG if there's support.
  • Type of session: Presentations and Discussion
  • Goals: Review the current changes to JSON-LD 1.1, and the proposals for further changes. Demonstrate support within the community for 1.1's feature set. Discuss implementation timelines and options. Discuss the possibility of a WG to take things forward for a new TR and a possible timeline for when that might happen.

Web Data Standardization

  • Proposer: Dave Raggett (W3C Data Activity Lead)
  • Summary: Web data standardization practices and tooling
  • Type of session: Open discussion
  • Goals: Making W3C an even better forum for developing Web data standards

The World Wide Web Consortium together with the Open Data Institute are conducting a study of practices and tooling for data standardisation. We want to get a better understanding of what kinds of standards people are interested in, and to make it easier to develop data standards at W3C for use on the Web.

Open data is data that anyone can access, use or share. When big companies or governments release non-personal data, it enables small businesses, citizens and medical researchers to develop resources which make crucial improvements to their communities. According to McKinsey, a global market powered by open data from across seven sectors would create between $3tn and $5tn a year. Open standards are key to enabling markets of data and services based upon open data. Further details are provided on the Open Data Institute page on what is open data.

In some cases, access to data is restricted by agreements between providers and consumers of data and services, possibly involving some form of remuneration along with terms and conditions. Open markets for such cases are facilitated by open standards for data. These standards can cover data formats and data models as a well as other metadata, protocols and APIs. Some related topics include what standards are needed to support discovery, and whether data is available as datasets for download, or for access via network APIs. Other topics relate to standards for describing data in terms of shared vocabularies, e.g. units of measure, support for internationalization, and whether the vocabularies are stable or are expected to track rapidly evolving needs.

This session will review which W3C groups are involved in related work and encourage participants to share their experiences and suggestions with the aim of making W3C an even better forum for developing Web data standards.


  • Proposer: Arnaud Braud
  • Summary: Discussion around the QUIC protocol and what should surface to developers API-wise
  • Type of session: Discussion
  • Goals: Outline some use cases and ideally identify key stats to expose.\

Re-imagining Accessibility Guidelines

  • Session proposer: Jeanne F Spellman (talk) 18:40, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: Discussion with feedback to the Silver Task Force of the Accessibility Guidelines working group who are doing research for a future major update of Accessibility Guidelines to succeed level-2 versions of WCAG, UAAG, and ATAG.
  • Type of session: short presentation, followed by open discussion
  • Goals of session:
    • Provide an update on the progress of Silver (major update to accessibility guidelines)
    • Receive input from participants on what they would like to change (or not) about accessibility guidelines from W3C.
  • Additional speakers/panelists: Shawn Lauriat, Google

The objective of the Silver task force is to perform preliminary development of a new version of Accessibility Guidelines following a research-focused, user-centered design methodology to produce the most effective and flexible outcome. Code-named "Silver" because it is too soon to name the result of this work, these guidelines will address the process of making content and functionality accessible to people with disabilities, including the roles of content authoring, user agent support, and authoring tool support. These guidelines will address current technological and cultural web accessibility requirements and provide a base for continued evolution of the guidelines. In the year since the task force was formed, they have identified and reached out to stakeholders, developed research questions, began an on-going literature review, engaged academic researchers, and started research projects. The task force is wishes to engage the standards community as well as the accessibility community. The task force members will be running a similar session at AirBnB in San Francisco on Thursday evening, 9 November.

Offlining Documents

  • Proposer: Tzviya Siegman
  • Summary: Discussion with Publication WG and friends about how to offline web publications and documents
  • Type of session: open discussion
  • Goals: prepare or dismiss options for offlining documents and collections of documents
  • Additional speakers: Dave Cramer, Brady Duga, Jake Archibald, Benjamin Young

WAI sub-site redesign feedback

  • Proposer: Shawn Henry for WAI Website Redesign Task Force
  • Summary: Provide feedback on prototype redesign of the WAI sub-site
  • Type of session: Interactive, informal usability testing
  • Goals: Get perspectives on WAI sub-site redesign prototype
  • More info
  • Note: We would like to have sessions throughout the breakout times — ideally in a meeting room, but we can just find a spot somewhere if needed. Individuals or small groups can contribute from 10-60 minutes.

Web5G Based Communications Accessibility

  • Proposer: Baoping Cheng & Yefeng Xia (China Mobile)
  • Summary: Discussion communications accessibility based on Web5G and AI
  • Type of session: Presentation and discussion
  • Goals:
    • Collect information on accessibility issues
    • Promote the development of communications accessibility under Web5G and AI
    • Under the development of Web5G and AI, Implement the communications accessibility between normal people and disabled people, natives and foreigners, people and robots

The merging of web and mobile app

  • Proposer: Dapeng Liu & Qing An
  • Summary: Discussion around the requirement on web and mobile app merging and what should W3C do.
  • Type of session: Presentations and Discussion
  • Goals: Get perspectives on the requirements and future feasible working items in W3C.
  • Location: Sandpebble E, 13:00-14:00

HTTPS in Local Network

  • Proposers: Tatsuya Igarashi, Daisuke Ajitomi, Shinjiro Urata and Tomoyuki Shimizu
  • Summary: Discussion about how to avoid mixed content when web apps in a secure context are connecting devices in local network
  • Type of Session: presentation and discussion
  • Goals: Get perspectives on possible approaches to provide such a device with a reasonably valid TLS certificate

HTTPS in Local Network CG is now exploring a scheme of providing HTTPS/WSS server capability for devices in local network so that web apps in a secure context can safely access to such a device. In this session we will share some of our experiences in discussion about use cases and requirements on GitHub and discuss further ideas and considerations.

Presentations: File:TPAC2017 httpslocal-1-introduction.pdf File:TPAC2017 httpslocal-2.pdf File:TPAC2017 httpslocal-3 HTTPS in LocalNetwork featuring STAR.pdf

Spatial Focus Navigation for the Web

  • Proposer: Hyojin Song, Jihye Hong (LG Electronics)
  • Summary: Brief introduction of spatial focus navigation with demo, and discussion how the Web can embrace it well
  • Type of session: short presentation with demo, and discussion
  • Goal: Gather feedback on use cases from a11y people and relevant industries (TV, set-top, game console, IVI, VR/AR, etc.)
  • Material: See the repository of Spatial Navigation in WICG

Geeks care about Art & Culture too: Museums on the Web

  • Proposer: Anqi Li (W3C)
  • Summary: Web as the prime information source for the public should make itself available and friendly for a higher level need - the Art and Culture, more specifically presented as the collection of artifacts and other objects of artistic, cultural, historical, or scientific importance in the museums in the globe.

As of the 2010s, the continuing acceleration in the digitization of information, combined with the increasing capacity of digital information storage, is causing the traditional model of museums (i.e. as static bricks-and-mortar "collections of collections" of three-dimensional specimens and artifacts) to expand to include virtual exhibits and high-resolution images of their collections that patrons can peruse, study, and explore from any place with Internet. And technical specifications turn out to be a good option to meet the requirements to improve the online and onsite user experiences with the museums as well as to enhance the inter-museum loan activities via Web.

If we look at W3C's work, some Web standards are already quite relevant to this topic, e.g. data/format(Semantic Web and LDP), visualization/interaction(audio, video, HTML, CSS, SVG, WebVR, AR, 360-camera, HDR, timing), digital exhibition(d-pub, I18N, Web accessibility),on-site interaction(WoT, LBS, Bluetooth, NFC), offline experience (packaging, service workers),social (annotation), etc. These could be a good start for the museum community and W3C community to work together.

  • Type of session: discussion and brainstorming
  • Goal: Get perspectives on the requirements, participation interest and future feasible working items in W3C.

See more detials of the TPAC2017 breakout session discussion at Breakout session minutes

Permissions & User Consent

This session relates to the Device APIs session; can we schedule them in adjacent blocks? This session should be scheduled before 330pm so as to not conflict with the 3DS 2.0, Web Authentication, and Payment Request session.

  • Proposer: Samuel Weiler (W3C)
  • Summary: Permissions are hard. How can we improve user privacy and the user experience? What coherent and consistent guidance can we provide for new specs?
  • Type of session: discussion and brainstorming
  • Goals: scope and plan a workshop in 1Q2018

Permissions are tricky, particularly as sensors are added to devices. Challenges include:

  • Bundling: when giving permissions for geolocation, users don't want to be asked separately about the gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass. But most games that need the gyroscope and accelerometer to sense relative position of the device doesn't need to know absolute location (GPS).
  • Unintended consequences
  • Multi-layered enforcement: geolocation can be restricted at the site level, at the application level, and at the whole-device level. How can a site guide the user to enable permissions when they could have been blocked in so many different places.
  • User exhaustion: how can we avoid prompting the user for permission?

W3C is considering hosting a workshop in 1Q2018 to tackle some of these issues. Let's use this session to scope the problems that we might tackle in such a forum.

Server cache web page policy

  • Proposer: Qingqian Tao Baidu), Gang Chen
  • Summary:

Recently, content distribution platform and browser through provide server side page CDN cache to make user visite mobile web page faster. Unlike traditional CDN, they provide proxy caching when the user visit page, so that can accelerate page loading performance. Due to every CDN provider has different policy to cache page, web sites may also need to provide a variety of cache strategies when providing services. This document will describe these issues in detail, summary Baidu is currently doing the practice in this area to give a solution.

Content distribution platform or browser provide a server side cache to web page, because many web sites do not provide a good service and network environment. Through proxy this web sites to CDN cache, user can also visit this websites instantly. But the current specification is not clear, such as the industry commonly used x-forwad-for does not in any standard. This will lead to developers can not better deal with the user experience after the page cache

This session will summarize the following aspects of the content distribution platform and browser proxy cache service related issues and solutions.

    • Web site option for proxy cache server
    • Web site access info collection when page cached by proxy server
  • Type of session: presentation or discussion
  • Goals:
    • According to the results of the discussion to further improve the proposal
    • Call the interested browser developers to implement Demo and promote the establishment of standards

See more details in Server cache web page policy

TPAC2017 breakout session discussion minutes in Server cache web page policy discussion

Remove Synchronous XHR

  • Proposer: Huakai (Angelo) Liao
  • Summary:

Synchronous XHR request is an older web pattern that blocks the UI and causes hangs on all browsers. Web developers often don't realize their web pages would be hung because poor network condition or slow server response is usually the main culprit. A number of browser vendors have been interested in removing the API from the platform. Since 2012 browsers have shipped APIs and developer tool warning messages to motivate developers to move away. Data from three browsers have indeed shown that the usage of the pattern had been decreasing in previous years. However, the number has stagnated this years at 0.8% with no sign of further decrease. Let’s start a conversation to figure out how to best motivate the ecosystem to move away from the pattern and eventually remove it from the platform. See doc for possible ideas.

Certificate based digital signature using Web Cryptography API

  • Proposer: Hyungwook Lee
  • Summary: South Korea and Several European (Belgium, Germany) countries are using public key certificate or electronic identity cards to create legally binding digital signature but we can't create digital signature using the certificate on the web even if W3C has Web Cryptography API. Hence we propose Certificate Based Discovery for Web Cryptography API that can create digital signature using certificate and Web Cryptography API.
  • Type of session: short presentation with demo, and discussion
  • Goals: Get perspectives on the requirements and future feasible working items in W3C.

Media and Entertainment Interest Group

Note: We should aim to hold this session in the afternoon, so that Mark Vickers can join

  • Proposer: Chris Needham (talk) 17:12, 7 November 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: Continue the discussion from the start of the Media & Entertainment IG meeting on the mission statement, goals, and strategy for the Media Web Platform and the work of the Media & Entertainment Interest Group
  • Type of session: Open discussion
  • Goals: Identify new features and requirements for A/V media on the Web platform to be followed up in the Interest Group

WebVR testing

  • Proposer: Nell Waliczek (talk) 01:11, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: Discuss approaches for testing WebVR browser implementations with an eye towards enabling web developers not to need to purchase all possible hardware configurations when validating their sites.
  • Type of session: Open discussion
  • Goals: Propose approach for WebVR test APIs to enable web platform test authoring
  • Additional Participants: Brandon Jones (Google), Vince Scheib (Google), John Jansen (Microsoft), Phillip Jägenstedt (Google), John Graham (Mozilla)

Note: preference to host this in the morning

WCAG 2.1 Work session

  • Proposer: Andrew Kirkpatrick
  • Summary: A session to help the AGWG finish addressing comments on its Working Draft, in order to stay on schedule and take advantage of WG member's F2F time.
  • Type of session: Work session
  • Goals: Address comments

Subtitle format support of TextTrack and TextTrackCue

Credibility: Combating "Fake News" on the Web

  • Proposer: Sandro Hawke
  • Summary: A "Credibility" Community has emerged over the past year to help combat untrustworthy information, primarily through the use of metadata. We'll summarize what's been happening and hope to hear other ideas.
  • Type of session: Open discussion, short presentations, optional workshop
  • Goals: Gathering more participants for the CG and Credibility Coalition; assess interest in this work at W3C

How can we turn back the tide of misinformation (incorrect facts) and disinformation (*intentionally* incorrect facts)? How can we stop the erosion of trust in the media? Does the Web have a role in making the situation worse or better?

Since the 2016 US Presidential Election, interest in solving these problems has grown dramatically. A "Credibility Coalition" has formed to help people collaborate on solutions, and one if its efforts is the new W3C Credibility Community Group. This effort is particularly focused on establishing data interchange from news sources, fact checkers, and institutional sources through to news consumers (eg social media feeds).

Depending on the discussion, we may do a workshop exercise of marking up two illustrative articles 1 2.


  1. Welcome + find scribe -- Sandro Hawke (W3C/MIT) [1 min]
  2. Introductions: name, affiliation, what attracted you to this session?
  3. The Credibility Coalition -- An Xiao Mina (Meedan) [5-10min]
  4. ClaimReview -- Dan Brickley (Google) [5 min]
  5. Credibility CG -- Sandro Hawke (W3C/MIT) [5 min]
  6. Open Discussion: What can be done by W3C community to help

Let's Chat About Bikeshed

  • Proposer: Tab Atkins Jr. (talk) 16:46, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: Do you have questions about using Bikeshed, the spec-generating tool taking the world by storm? Any problems making your life difficult? Feature requests? Let's chat about this and make sure Bikeshed serves your needs as well as I can.
  • Type of Session: open discussion, q&a
  • Goals: Suss out what problems people are having using Bikeshed, and how to improve it in the future

Browser Extensions

  • Proposer: Florian Rivoal (talk) 16:54, 8 November 2017 (UTC)
  • Summary: Since browsers are converging on a (mostly) interoperable format for extensions, the Browser Extension CG has been working on standardizing that. Unlike the implementation side, which has been going full steam, the spec side has been understaffed, and after an initial burst of activity, the CG has stalled. We should do better.
  • Type of session: open discussion
  • Goals: Find potential participants and discuss a way forward