Welcome to the Color on the Web Community Group. It was created to allow color experts from various fields – traditional print-oriented color management, display experts, content creators from the TV, broadcast and film industries, CSS and graphics experts, and other interested parties – to come together, share ideas, use cases, experiences and discuss technical solutions to improve the state of Color on the Web.
Particular areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Unambiguous, colorimetric color specification of desired presentation
- Wide gamut colorspaces (wider than sRGB)
- High dynamic range (greater range of luminance, darker blacks and peak whites greater than paper white)
- Color matching between media (raster images, video, vector graphics) and text/styling content (styled by CSS)
- Consistency and predictability of display