We are pleased to announce three public meetings introducing the Open Annotation Data Model Community Specification. These day-long public rollouts, carried out in concert with the Annotation Ontology and the Open Annotation Collaboration, and made possible by generous funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, will inform digital humanities and sciences computing developers, curators of digital collections and scholars using digital content about the W3C Open Annotation Community Group’s work.
Participants will learn about the data model’s core features and advanced modules through tutorials, a showcase of existing implementations, Q&A sessions with community implementers and live demonstrations. Topics will include:
• The Open Annotation Data Model,
• The W3C Open Annotation Community Group,
• Existing implementations,
• Developer tools & resources.
Rollout times and places:
• U.S. West Coast Rollout – 09 April 2013 at Stanford University (RSVP)
• U.S. East Coast Rollout – 06 May 2013 at the University of Maryland (RSVP)
• U.K. Rollout – 24 June 2013 at the University of Manchester (RSVP)
There is no registration fee but RSVP (online) is required. RSVP for a rollout near you using one of the links above or by visiting: http://www.openannotation.org/RolloutInfo.html