The 1st workshop on Big Data in Secure Societies, organised by the EU SatCen in the framework of the BigDataEurope project, was held in Brussels on the 30th of September.The aim of the workshop was to discuss on Big Data needs, requirements and use cases in the security domain contributing to the building of a Security Community through interactive sessions with the audience.
The workshop was a success with 45 people coming from the European Commission (DG CNECT, DG HOME, DG GROW, DG RTD), JRC, EDA, EUROPOL, Frontex, ESA, DLR, CDTI, ASD-EUROSPACE, EARSC and a number of other entities and private companies covering the domains of Space and Security, Fight against Crime and Cybersecurity.
Keynote speeches were delivered by representatives from the European Commission and EUROPOL-EC3 as well as by the BigDataEurope Project Coordinator and the Secure Societies Domain Leader.
We would also like to draw your attention to other ways you can engage with the BigDataEurope project:
- Visit the BigDataEurope website to keep in touch with the latest project developments;
- Subscribe to the BigDataEurope Newsletter;
- Join the Secure Societies group or others you are interested within the established W3C Community Groups;
- Participate to other planned BigDataEurope events as stakeholders workshops, webinars and hang-outs;
- Participate to the webinar on the Secure Societies challenge which will be held the 18th of November 2015 at 11.30 CET;
- Follow us on the Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Participate in one of the BigDataEurope Pilots (please contact us directly for details).