I need a login process I can use that does not rely on a lot of words (as someone with a severe language impairment).
What to Do
Provide at least one login alternative that does not require reading or writing a lot of words
How it Helps
This pattern allows people with language and communication disabilities to login without being overwhelmed by blocks of text.
For example, someone with a severe language impairment using an AAC device wants to send a message to their doctor. They can press the login with the icon they know and send a message without having to read text.
- Third party logins which have well known icons.
- The web authentication protocol [[webauthn-2]] along with an easy login option.
- Logins that requires answering security questions.
- Logins without a simple, word free, login option, or alternative.
User Stories and Personas
- Jonathan : A Therapist with Dyscalculia
- Tal : A Student who has Dyslexia and Impaired Eye Hand Coordination