Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Presentation at CSUN 2017 - CSUN2017 Walk through WAI
Title: The WAI to Web Accessibility: Education & Outreach Update 2017
Dates: 01 March and 03 March 2017 (Two sessions, one as an overflow because so many had indicated interest.)
Location: CSUN Conference, San Diego, California
Event: 40 minute session
Presenters: Shawn Lawton Henry, Sharron Rush, Brent Bakken, Eric Eggert
- Understand breadth of WAI resources ,especially newly updated resources
- Know where to find what on W3C WAI website
- Answer your questions: Does WAI have ... ?
- Become involved with WAI community
- WAI website
- Videos! Web Accessibility Perspectives: Explore the Impact and Benefits for Everyone - Show that accessibility is "essential for some, useful for all".
- Evaluation resources
- Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility - updated
- WCAG-EM Conformance Evaluation Methodology and WCAG-EM Report Generator
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool List
- Managing resources significantly updated:
- Planning and Managing Web Accessibility describes Initiate, Plan, Implement, and Sustain activities to help integrate accessibility throughout your organization and projects
- Web Accessibility First Aid: Approaches for Interim Repairs provides guidance on addressing short-term accessibility fixes. Helps with the situation: "I need to make my website accessible and I don't even know where to start!"
- Developing Organizational Policies on Web Accessibility - how to write policy that fits your organization and situation.
- Tips for Getting Started are task-based:
- Designing - for user interface and visual design
- Writing - for writing and presenting content
- Developing - for markup and coding
- For developers:
- Gems you might not know about:
- In development:
- Updated list of Policies Relating to Web Accessibility
- Redesigned WAI website with modern visual design and updated navigation (information architecture)
- Updated Before and After Demo (BAD) example website
- Join in!