The Forms Working Group Wiki
This wiki is about forms for the web. Use this wiki to find out more, and to share what you know.
Forms Working Group
- Forms Working Group
- Forms Public Mailing Lists
- Relationship To Other Work
- News Archive
- Future Goals
XForms Users Community Group
The XForms Users Community Group is a place for XForms users to discuss XForms usage and document current practice, including XForms+XHTML integration and test suites. The XForms Users Community Group is under same IPR policy as the Forms WG so we can accept test cases, suggested features, and draft prose from the group.
XForms: The Next Generation of Web Forms
"XForms" is W3C's name for a specification of Web forms that can be used with a wide variety of platforms including desktop computers, hand helds, information appliances, and even paper.
- Introduction To XForms
- XForms Examples
- XForms Tips
- XForms Implementations
- XForms 1.1 Information
- XForms Transitional for use with HTML
- XForms Future Features
- XForms 2.0 (diff) (editor info)
Read about XForms
- XForms FAQ
- XForms for HTML Authors
- XForms for HTML Authors, Part 2
- XForms Quick Reference
- W3C Forms Mailing List Archives
W3C XForms Recommendations and Drafts
- Forms Working Group Home Page
- XForms 1.0 Recommendation
- XForms 1.1 Working Draft
- XForms 1.0 Basic Profile Proposed Recommendation
XForms Weblog and portal Sites
- Internet Apps (blog)
- XForms Everywhere (blog)
- Push Button Paradise(blog)
- XML Applications (blog)
-  (portal)
- XForms.org (portal)
- IBM Lotus Forms and Next Generation Web Applications
Books and Wikis on XForms 1.0
- Programming Firefox (XForms Chapter) by Kenneth C. Feldt (O'Reilly, 2007) [ISBN:0596102437]
- XForms Essentials by Micah Dubinko [ISBN:0596003692], Publisher's Site
- XForms: XML Powered Web Forms by T.V. Raman [ISBN:0321154991]
- XForms on WikiBooks.org
- Mozilla XForms Wiki
- XForms on Wikipedia.org
Other introductions and articles about XForms
- XForms Basics (start here)
- Introduction to XForms, Part 1 The new Web standard for forms
- Introduction to XForms, Part 2 Forms, models, controls, and submission actions
- Get ready for XForms
- XForms and SVG
- All IBM developerWorks articles on XForms
- Introduction to XForms on the formsPlayer site.
- Orbeon Forms Tutorial on the Orbeon site.
Kurt Cagle's Six Part Series on Understanding XForms
- Why XForms Matter, Revisited
- The Model
- Events and Actions
- AJAX, XBL and XForms.org
Annotations - how the XForms textarea element can be extended to support editing complex content.
XForms Tree Controls Extensions
Tree Controls - a discussion of how XForms could include bindings to tree-view like controls
- XForms and Cause-and-Effect Programming A brief introduction to XForms concepts and markup via a sample form.
- XFDL + Forms and XSL-FO + Forms A perspective on how XForms is enabling increasingly sophisticated web applications that arise in financial/banking, insurance, health care, and enterprise information management.
- When should I use XForms? blog post by MarkBirbeck on how XForms benefits the developer more than the end-user.
- Ajax, Hard Facts, Brass Tacks...and Bad Slacks blog post by MarkBirbeck on XForms' relationship to Ajax.