Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

09 Oct 2019


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, interaccess, IanPouncey, Irfan, CharlesL, Roy, Joshue108_, Manishearth, kip, Gottfried, MichaelC_


<scribe> scribe: Gottfried

<Becka11y> presesnt+

Agenda Review & Announcements

Matthew: We should touch on the HTML review

Janina: Yes.
... W3C workshop on inclusive immersive web. Deadline has been extended until Fri.

Workshop Updates

Task Force Updates

Janina: Still figuring out what is the language for the accessibility impact section is.
... Discussion on RQTF list.

<janina> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rqtf/2019Oct/0014.html

Janina: CfC consensus today for the audio book spec. It is basically a manifest.

Horizontal reviews https://github.com/w3c/strategy/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22Horizontal+review+requested%22

<MichaelC> Second Screen WG draft charter

Michael: We provided input before.
... Liaison statement to APA.
... Any comments?

Janina: Concerned about their turn-around in members. We might want to update them on the previous comments we had.

Michael: Looks like we don't need to comment

<MichaelC> Verifiable Claims draft charter

Michael: They are switching from development to maintenance mode.

Janina: Publishing had some comments.

Michael: Charter has a liaison statement to us.

<MichaelC> Web of Things draft charter

Michael: Staff contact is Kazuyuki Ashimura. They have a liaison statement to us.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Michael: Things were left over from last week.

<MichaelC> MiniApp Standardization White Paper

Michael: I feel would be good have people not from China reviewing it.

Becky: I can do it.

<MichaelC> ACTION: Becky to review Mini-App white paper

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2214 - Review mini-app white paper [on Becky Gibson - due 2019-10-16].

<MichaelC> action-2214: https://www.w3.org/TR/mini-app-white-paper/ MiniApp Standardization White Paper

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2214 Review mini-app white paper.

Michael: You are likely to raise questions more than formal comments.

<MichaelC> action-2214: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/MiniApp_Standardization_White_Paper

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2214 Review mini-app white paper.

https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/NOTE-vc-use-cases-20190924/ Verifiable Credentials Use Cases

Michael: They believe they addressed the issues.

<MichaelC> Accessibility issues filed in verifiable claims

Michael: But they didn't inform us about this.
... We need to look if we are satisfied with that.

Janina: The original comments were from Tzvaya.
... Can we contact her about this?

<MichaelC> Verifiable Credentials Data Model 1.0

Michael: They may go to CR soon - better rush.

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

<Matthew_Atkinson> Update on my proposal for how to go about the HTML review (this builds on LĂ©onie's suggested PRs that are tagged as relating to accessibility): https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2019Oct/0013.html

<Joshue108_> great stuff Matt

<Joshue108_> we do.

Matthew: I created a few shell scripts to find out about the critical commits.
... The process should work now.
... There are 365 commits - mostly small.
... Ignoring editorial changes.
... Will start with PRs pointed to be Leonie.
... Working on it.

Janina: These scripts may be useful for other purposes as well.

Becky: I looked at the commits marked with "accessibility".
... Quite a work to read through all this.

Matthew: Later commits may overwrite earlier commits - that may be wasting time for us.
... But i didn't find a better way.
... We should not file any issue before we got through the full list of commits.
... The more people looking at it the better.
... If you have comments on a PR, write the to list, so i can accommodate it.
... I will follow this through.

Janina: At TPAC, somebody pointed out that a good practice is for groups to write a note about what they finally changed.

<Joshue108_> +1

Michael: That is what WhatWG does.

Matthew: Open the commit on command line tools vs. on Github. Need a URL for the pull request.
... Will see if this works reliably.

Janina: The getgit? command should show a bunch of commits.

Matthew: Looked at that. But looking at commits immediately in the browser.

Michael: You might help to improve our horizontal review process.

Janina: Simple stuff is the best.
... There was a meeting at TPAC on this. All groups on horizontal reviews need better tooling.

Community Groups Tracking Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Becky: I updated the ones we talked about last time.

BD Comics Manga, https://www.w3.org/community/bdcomacg/

Janina: I think we have an interest.
... WAI-CC call needs to assign this to a person.

Voter Decision Systems, https://www.w3.org/community/voter-decision-support/

Becky: No need to track.

Notation 3 (N3), https://www.w3.org/community/n3-dev/

Becky: NO need to track.

ARIA and Assistive Technologies, https://www.w3.org/community/aria-at/

Becky: We need to track, although ARIA should track.

Michael: This is coordinated with the ARIA Implementation Practices, so no need to track for APA.

Bibframe2Schema.org, https://www.w3.org/community/bibframe2schema/

Becky: no need to track

Janina: Agree

Gottfried: Does this involve the accessibility extension of schema.org?

Janina: This is for bibliographic citation.

Gottfried: Should be fine then.

web Video Map Tracks (WebVMT), https://www.w3.org/community/webvmt-cg/

Becky: We should track this, i think.
... Only 2 participants.
... stream video with location data, etc.
... I can look into it more.

Janina: Let's skip it for now - only if it grows we need to track.
... Check again in a year.

Knowledge Graph Construction, https://www.w3.org/community/kg-construct/

Becky: Don't know what R2RML language is.
... Looks like pulling out data, not really visual.

Janina: Sounds like a database thing.
... Don't need to worry about.

Becky: Was also my thought.

Computational Legal Description Support, https://www.w3.org/community/clads/

Becky: No need to track. No participants.

Janina: Agree

ceddl html attribute-based markup and javascript api, https://www.w3.org/community/ceddl-webspec/

Customer Experience Digital Data Layer.

Becky: No need to track.
... Sounds like website personalization.

Janina: What do they mean by personalization. Targeting their ads?
... That's a question mark.

Becky: I can look into this more.
... Came out in March, and they have 3 participants.

Michael: If they produce a spec, then we should look into this. Should look at it later.

Janina: Agree.

Michael: Catch them in development before they go too far.

Schema Extensions for IoT, https://www.w3.org/community/iotschema/

Becky: We should be aware of this.

Michael: We might want to impact this.
... Via Josh and RQTF.

Janina: RQTF can be assignee.

MathML Extensions, https://www.w3.org/community/mathml4/

Janina: There is already disability participation.
... No need to track for us - already being taken care of.

Becky: Can we later sort by assignee?

Janina: We can think about this. Maybe Judy has a suggestion.

Becky: At least it should sort by the last update date.

Talent MarketPlace Signaling, https://www.w3.org/community/talent-signal/

Becky: No need to track.
... What is signaling?
... Maybe we do need to track so that they do not call out properties that reveal disability.

Janina: I do not see a particular problem here. We can come back when problems come up.

SVG, https://www.w3.org/community/svgcg/

Becky: No need to track.

Janina: Agree.


Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Becky to review Mini-App white paper

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2019/10/09 17:05:27 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/65/365/
Succeeded: s/the/to/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, Matthew_Atkinson, MichaelC, interaccess, IanPouncey, Irfan, CharlesL, Roy, Joshue108_, Manishearth, kip
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs Matthew_Atkinson MichaelC interaccess IanPouncey Irfan CharlesL Roy Joshue108_ Manishearth kip Gottfried MichaelC_
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 09 Oct 2019
People with action items: becky

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]