Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

28 Nov 2018


janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JF, irfan, Gottfried, MichaelC, Dev, JonnyJames, Becka11y, Chris_


<scribe> scribe: Gottfried

Agenda Review & Announcements

Becky: Action item on call for consensus on Coga?

Janina: Let's make this a separate item on the agenda.

COGA Document CfC

<janina> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa-admin/2018Nov/0000.html

Janina: The message in the email is very accurate.
... You need to think about the case for the wider W3C before having it reviewed by others.
... They never finished creating the gap analysis - huge appendix.
... Splitting allows to finish the gap analysis.

Michael: It is a fpwd. It means we agree that the initial content is worth publishing.

Janina: Does it makes sense to split up into two documents.

John: Would say yes.

Janina: I don't see a strong argument for keeping together.

Next and future meetings

Janina: We should be able to publish the announcement for the pronuncation tf this week.
... We will meet Dec. 5, 12 and 19 this year. Then two weeks off.

new on TR http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

Janina: First meeting in 2019 on Jan. 9.

<MichaelC> Extensions to the Semantic Sensor Network Ontology

Michael: Lower level, usually let go.

John: Part of personalization involves ontology. This looks like it is related to the web of things. There may be a correlation between some of the representational stuff we are working on.

Michael: The actual ontology is a separate spec.
... We looked at it in 2016 and decided to not review it.
... I don't think the features of the spec relate to us.

Janina: Sensors denote a one-way communication.
... Our concerns are not in this spec.

<MichaelC> Filter Effects Module Level 1

Janina: Previous version published in 2014.
... Started with CSS, now joined with SVG.
... Filters for image editing program. Pretty low-level.
... When we reviewed it last, we did not have the concept of a11y statements. We may want to request that.
... Would this be a mechanism for the knowledge domain concept?

Michael: Not necessarily.

Janina: I am thinking low-vision.

Michael: Filters could create low-vision problems, but that's an authoring choice.

Janina: Back to a11y impact statement.

Michael: We might want some features to be turned off in some conditions.

Janina: Maybe pass to SVG tf?

Michael: Editors are SVG people.

Janina: Who could draft an accessibility considerations statement?

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to draft accessibility considerations section for https://www.w3.org/TR/filter-effects-1/

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2184 - Draft accessibility considerations section for https://www.w3.org/tr/filter-effects-1/ [on Michael Cooper - due 2018-12-05].

<MichaelC> action-2184: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Filter_Effects_Module_Level_1

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2184 Draft accessibility considerations section for https://www.w3.org/tr/filter-effects-1/.

Becky: I could take a first stab and then have Michael review it.
... Where is a good example for this?

<Dev> Is this compatible with aria?

<janina> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016Aug/0035.html

Actions Checkin (Specs) https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8


<trackbot> action-2183 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a message to the trace context spec authors - and run by joanie. https://www.w3.org/tr/2018/wd-distributed-tracing-20181106/ -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2183

Janina: Not done, will try this week


<trackbot> action-2182 -- Janina Sajka to Draft a paper for the strong authentication & identity workshop -- due 2018-11-14 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2182

Janina: We never found anybody to go

Michael: Deadline is 2018-11-30

Janina: I will try


<trackbot> action-2181 -- Janina Sajka to Review https://www.w3.org/tr/navigation-timing-2/ navigation timing level 2 -- due 2018-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2181

Janina: Why were we concerned?
... Fingerprinting
... Will do later.


<trackbot> action-2180 -- John Foliot to Respond review of page visibility level 2 at http://lists.w3.org/archives/public/public-apa/2018jul/0020.html -- due 2018-09-19 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2180

Michael: Not sure we got a response from them.

John: I need to complete this.


<trackbot> action-2172 -- Janina Sajka to Review web audio api -- due 2018-06-27 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2172

Janina: Probably not going to happen

<MichaelC> close action-2172

<trackbot> Closed action-2172.


<trackbot> action-2169 -- Janina Sajka to Ask web assembly wg about web assembly core, what are use cases, does it impact ui and need a11y advice about using a11y api -- due 2018-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2169

Janina: Let's keep that open


<trackbot> action-2168 -- Janina Sajka to Review credential management level 1 -- due 2018-02-28 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2168

Janina: May need to abandon

<MichaelC> close action-2168

<trackbot> Closed action-2168.


<trackbot> action-2164 -- Jason White to Complete the process of posting updates regarding rqtf to wai-ig. -- due 2018-01-15 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2164


<trackbot> action-2160 -- Léonie Watson to Review web of things (wot) security and privacy considerations -- due 2018-09-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2160


<trackbot> action-2149 -- Léonie Watson to Review web of things (wot) thing description -- due 2018-09-13 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2149


<trackbot> action-2111 -- Janina Sajka to Check on the status of our previous comments on payments -- due 2018-09-05 -- OPEN

<trackbot> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2111

<MichaelC> close action-2111

<trackbot> Closed action-2111.

Janina: We accepted their rewrite of our suggested language.

Specification Matrix Review https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Category:Spec_Review

Janina: We spent some time on this last week. Are we finished?

Michael: Specs are tagged as Assigned, active or deferred.
... We stopped at the payment stuff last time.
... Next: POE use cases and requirements

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/POE_Use_Cases_and_Requirements

Michael: Janina sent an email in 2016
... Janina wrote to watch out for denial of content access to AT.
... Updated in 2017, pretty stable.
... Permissions and obligations expression group
... Working on ODRL vocabulary and expressions

Janina: Add a cross-ref to the spec review, please
... ODRL is useful and has been used by DAISY.
... Has been around for a while.

Michael: Adding links to ODRL information model

<MichaelC> ACTION: janina to return to drafting comments on POE Use Cases and Requirements

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2185 - Return to drafting comments on poe use cases and requirements [on Janina Sajka - due 2018-12-05].

<MichaelC> action-2185: https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/POE_Use_Cases_and_Requirements

<trackbot> Notes added to action-2185 Return to drafting comments on poe use cases and requirements.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/TTML_Profiles_for_Internet_Media_Subtitles_and_Captions_1.1

John: We offered them draft language which they incorporated.

Janina: Close as successful outcome

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/TV_Control_API_Specification

Michael: Went to a note.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/UI_Events_Specification

Michael: Cynthia sent comments in 2016.
... But we never looked after it.
... No idea whether her comments were incorporated.
... Her comments were pretty detailed. Probably another review.

Janina: Seems useful to pay attention to this.
... Maybe someone can take an action in Jan.

<MichaelC> ACTION: cooper to ping review of UI Events - due 9 January 2019

<trackbot> Created ACTION-2186 - Ping review of ui events [on Michael Cooper - due 2019-01-09].

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Verifiable_Claims_Data_Model_and_Representations

Michael: We sent comments in Aug 2018

Janina: Tzviya reviewed this

Michael: And Gottfried

Janina: Tzviya and i exchanged email - but not on the Wiki
... It went to our list in Oct.


Michael: Probably not much for the Wiki.

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Animations

Michael: We passed this off the css tf.
... Could be some WCAG 2.1 issues.
... Let's keep it on the tf

Web Authentication: A Web API for accessing scoped credentials


Web Payments HTTP API 1.0

Michael: Got addressed by the web payments subgroup - but not existing anymore

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Payments_HTTP_Messages_1.0

Janina: Same thing

WebVTT: The Web Video Text Tracks Format


<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/WebVTT:_The_Web_Video_Text_Tracks_Format

Michael: Went to CR in May.
... Comments were sent by us in Jan. 2018

John: Discussed in a meeting in Apr/May

Michael: Need a pointer to include in the wiki

<MichaelC> https://www.w3.org/2018/02/28-apa-minutes.html#item02

Michael: So we sent comments after that meeting.
... Added in the wiki now.
... We are through on "active" specs now.

Janina: We also need to look at "assigned" specs

Michael: "Deferred" also for admin reasons

Community Group Redux https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Community_Groups

Janina: We fairly recently updated our matrix on community groups.
... There is a need for a slight reorganization. Judy asked about a11y concerns in community groups, and who is covering that.
... Looking at our matrix, we do not have an easy way to answer that question.
... Not sure how to solve this problem.
... We are looking for ideas.

Becky: So we would put this up on a new page with names?

Janina: Yes, basically. If we don't have names: "No persons identified"
... How can we double-check who is covering what?
... Not needed to be solved today, but until end of this year.

Becky: We might update the one section where we have names for tracking groups.
... Maybe need to annotate a bit more?

Janina: Yes, maybe. Then we can point Judy to that page.

Becky: Maybe just turn it into a table?

Janina: Maybe so

<Chris_> thanks!

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: cooper to draft accessibility considerations section for https://www.w3.org/TR/filter-effects-1/
[NEW] ACTION: cooper to ping review of UI Events - due 9 January 2019
[NEW] ACTION: janina to return to drafting comments on POE Use Cases and Requirements

Summary of Resolutions

[End of minutes]

Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.154 (CVS log)
$Date: 2018/11/28 18:02:07 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.154  of Date: 2018/09/25 16:35:56  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Jan. 2/Jan. 9/
Succeeded: s/model/example/
Succeeded: s/POI/POE/
Succeeded: s/UDRL/ODRL/
Succeeded: s/tabel/table/
Default Present: janina, Joanmarie_Diggs, JF, irfan, Gottfried, MichaelC, Dev, Becka11y, JonnyJames, Chris_
Present: janina Joanmarie_Diggs JF irfan Gottfried MichaelC Dev JonnyJames Becka11y Chris_
Found Scribe: Gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: Gottfried
Found Date: 28 Nov 2018
People with action items: cooper janina

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this 
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain 
a link to the original IRC log.)

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]