WebVTT: The Web Video Text Tracks Format
From Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group
- 2015-04-18: Preliminary review comments sent.
- 2017-08-02: Need MAUR implementation. ACTION-2138 Janina to review.
- 2017-08-09: Explicit review request received, response due 22 September 2017.
- 2017-09-06: Janina reports no concerns. But an image has a horrendously long alt text, that would be better done as a short alt plus a description. Janina to draft response.
- 2017-09-08: Review reminder.
- 2017-09-20: Feedback sent.
- 2017-12-08: Request for response on disposition of comments from 2015.
- 2018-01-05: Draft comment response.
- 2018-01-24: APA discussion of proposed comments, will need a CfC and coordinate with other pending comments on TTML Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions 1.1. Note sent that we're working on comments.
- 2018-01-30: Comments sent.
- 2018-02-28: Joint meeting to discuss comments.
- 2018-05-10: has gone to CR.
- 2019-04-05: republished CR with features at risk, need to check if they impact a11y. PLH says supported in browsers, but not really used, sites use polyfills instead. Should take another look. Though if we push back on removal of features at risk, it might be hard to get it rechartered.
- 2019-04-07: Message from PLH to APA.
- 2019-04-17: General agreement there are no concerns, run CfC to get confirmation back to PLH.
- 2022-01-12: Calling this complete for now, it seems to have moved to a CG. We trust that group to ping us, and we're interacting with them on other stuff via RQTF.